Can the new look Fins Make the PLAYOFFS? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the new look Fins Make the PLAYOFFS?

Not enough Credit

I think we made some nice additions on the D side of the ball this season and we aren't done yet. And while one of you did not agree with me that this D is better than last years D, I DON'T see why.

Last year we had NO DT'S at all. A hobbled Surtain and Will Poole did a great Job and yes ... yes.. we had Anturo Freeman? Sammy Knight will be missed, but depth wise its a no brainer, this team is deeper. And people like Vonnie Holliday will be great situational and backup players.

I still dont see why nobody thinks this offense how it is right now isn't better than anything we have had in quite some time. What year did we have more talent then this? And that JILLS fan is wrong. Most stud RB'S contribute right away for their teams out of college. And Ronnie is the biggest of STUDS there is.

Yes we have some question marks, but IM thrilled about the organization, coaching and talent on this team. Tillman seems to have impressed Saban and Jones is a great run stuffing safety. Madison and Howard will start at corner which is still a better duo than most of the NFL and we have some nice backups and corners for the nickle.

The JILLS fan forgot to comment on my statement earlier, on his teams TOTAL COLLAPSE and missing the playoffs because they were beat by the Steelers BENCH TEAM! I don't see them recovering from that, and they are the last place team.

This team is packed with some nice stars and I can't wait till the season starts!!!

GO FINS!!!!

I posted this on another thread. This to all the Bills fans who judge AJ.

OK, the Bills beat us (a 4-12 team) last season by a by a 2 game total of 17 pnts. That is really something to be proud of considering all the adversity the team went through. Another thing I love about the Bills fans is how they alway's talk about how bad AJ is. The very same AJ that through who tossed three TD passes in the FIRST QUARTER against them! Just last November! Last game against them! Too bad we didn't have a running game, we would have blown them away. I gaurantee we will have a running game this season.

ch19079 said:
i see a big diffrence between a lossing record and the #2 overall draft pick.

You are comparing the Dolphins to the rest of the teams in the AFC east who are used to being in the basement. Without RW quitting and before injuries to the 2 starting DT's this team is closer in talent to the team that went 10-6 2 seasons prior, than it is to a typical 4-12 team.
I personally believe that this team has more talent and balance than the team that went 10-6 2 seasons ago.
The veterans on this team want to put last years miserable season behind them. If I'm an AFC East team, I'm a little worried about the Dolphins. No one expects anything from them and I think they have a big chip on their shoulder from being disrespected.

jlfin said:
You are comparing the Dolphins to the rest of the teams in the AFC east who are used to being in the basement. Without RW quitting and before injuries to the 2 starting DT's this team is closer in talent to the team that went 10-6 2 seasons prior, than it is to a typical 4-12 team.
I personally believe that this team has more talent and balance than the team that went 10-6 2 seasons ago.
The veterans on this team want to put last years miserable season behind them. If I'm an AFC East team, I'm a little worried about the Dolphins. No one expects anything from them and I think they have a big chip on their shoulder from being disrespected.

Not to mention limited practices because of hurricanes, sub-par coaching an o-coordinator who panicked his way out of a job........but by the end of the season we did something only one other team did. Beat the Patriots, not one othe team in the AFCE did it. Sure, with the organization we seem to have now I think we will make the playoffs.

My initial answer would be: Yes, the Dolphins will make the playoffs this year.

The defense will hold their own, which they have for many years. No one would even mention any questions about how good our defense is if the offense was not SO bad. Now the offense is looking like we may be able to move the ball and score some touchdowns instead of kicking a FG everytime we get in the red zone. We shouldn't see run 1st down, run 2nd down, now let everyone know you are going to TRY and throw on 3rd down.

The ONLY reason they will not is because, for some reason I have yet to figure out, they are putting all their trust in a 3rd string QB. If AJ was as good as many hope he will be, why was he a 3rd string QB in Philly. Not the backup(#2) he was 3rd string. They past up on so many vet QB's the past 2 years to take an older unproven backup....well he backed up the backup. I hope I am wrong...and believe that I could even throw the ball to the Receivers, TE and Backs we have this year and be productive so AJ should be able too. I will give him this whole year to prove himself before I really make a judgement on AJ. Especially since Vick is the only QB that would of stood a chance with the O-Line we had last year.

It all depends on the secondary! I can see us getting burned a lot. I think Madison will show signs of him losing it because I don't think hes a #1 CB for any team. I still think hes a good player but if we go agaisnt teams that have Randy Moss or someone to his caliber were in trouble.

If the secondary does average I think we will have a decent shot if it completely surprises me and does really good we will make playoffs if there weak then I think its going to be a rollercoaster ride this season hopefully ending in a good way.

At worst 8-8

jlfin said:

good post, it's one of those ppl will say Saban, but as you've pointed out correctly, we get players back, this team was a good before and still are.

NJFinFury2004 said:
Can the new look Fins Make the PLAYOFFS?
Really tough to say at this point...
But did you think that the Chargers would have played as well as they did last season at this point last year??

Marino1983

Satchboogie said:
Top 5 Defense???The Dolphins gave up more points last year 354 than the Colts sucky defense gave up (351).

No, the defense didn't give up 354 points last season. You just failed to factor in the eight interception returns that were returned for touchdowns and the kickoff we allowed for a score against Buffalo. Our defense was Top 10 in yards allowed last season and only allowed 291 points as a unit. We're still solid on defense bucko.

ch19079 said:
i see a big diffrence between a lossing record and the #2 overall draft pick.
Yah, a huge difference, we got a better draft pick:D

jlfin said:

You've gotta bring in the variables if you're comparing past teams, and I think the AFC is much better than it was during the 10-6 seasons. Can the team make the playoffs, yes if everything plays itself out perfectly. I'm guessing that the Phins are not a playoff team, and may in fact be picking very high again next season. I think Nick Saban was a great hire, but it's gonna take time, there are too many "ifs" for the Phins to be considered a playoff team IMO. I for one wonder how can a 4-12 team feel disrespected? I'm not gonna judge Saban on his first year as a head coach, but I expect the Phins to be a much better team at the end of the season than they were at the start.

I think the very close games might decide dolphins future in January. I think the Vets have it in them but does our younger offense have it in them

Back
Top Bottom