Can the new look Fins Make the PLAYOFFS? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the new look Fins Make the PLAYOFFS?

wazzy said:
I think the very close games might decide dolphins future in January. I think the Vets have it in them but does our younger offense have it in them

Good point, we only have the NE game from last year to point to and that was set up by the D. But the O took advantage and we won. That's a good sign.

If the running game gets going this year we should make it.

Lets think back to the 2000 season. The so called " experts" had us finishing in last place that year also, what happen? Even though Wanny's infectious losing ways had just taken hold, we went 11-5 and won a playoff game!

What team has more talent? The 2000 Fins? Or the 2005 Fins? I will say this, the Jets, Pats and Bills are all better teams in 2005 then they were in 2000. I really think this Fins team is better than the one in 2000. Does everyone agree with me?

If you want to say the Defense was better in 2000, I will agree without a doubt. However, I think this offense is better than the one in 2000.

We have a better head coach.
We have better coaching all around.

I think we can be a 10-6 team this year and I can't wait until the season begins.

MarksBrothers85 said:
No, the defense didn't give up 354 points last season. You just failed to factor in the eight interception returns that were returned for touchdowns and the kickoff we allowed for a score against Buffalo. Our defense was Top 10 in yards allowed last season and only allowed 291 points as a unit. We're still solid on defense bucko.

The Colts gave up about 70 points that were meaningless points at the end of blowout games when they were ahead by 30 points and had the scrubs in.
And well we still have the same QB who threw all of those interceptions for touchdowns as our probable starter. You can nit pick any detail but our team still gave up more points than the Colts Which is pretty pathetic considering how bad their defense is. Top 5 Defense? LOL!!! Top 10? Maybe. Top 15?/ Most Likely..

NJFinFury2004 said:
Go Figure a Bills fan that doesn't think we make the playoffs. I don't agree. This D overral is better than what we had last season and we finished in the top 10. Yes we lost Poole and Surtain, But I think Daniels can step in and contribute and we still could sign a corner.

The D line is MUCH IMPROVED. Just with the signing of Carter, Traylor and Holliday. Holliday will be a sweet role player for us and Carter sill had a good year last year and is 31.

This D unit is a top 10, maybe a 5. You don't know what Crowder or Roth will do. You are just guessing.

Ricky is back and a Ricky and Ronnie backfield is the best in the NFL. Ronnie Brown will have an immediate impact on the FINS just like Tomlison did for the Chargers. Most STUD RB contribute their first seasons, so you are wrong there!

Chambers, Booker and Boston are pretty good. The O line healthy now will be MUCH better and Houck is one of the best O line coaches in the game. Booker and Gordon were thrown into the mix last season, this year they have much more time here to learn the system and I EXPECT more from both.

Williams, Brown and Gordon are the best 3 RB'S in the NFL.

This offense talent wise is better than anything we have had here in MIAMI in a long TIME!! You name an offense better than this one in the last 6 or 7 years? You can't. And the D is comparable with the nice infusion of Rooks and Vets.

Your prediction is wayyyyyy offfff...
Interesting. You failed to address your qb position which would affect your passing game.

Losman may be a rookie technically. I doubt he can do any worse than Feely did last year which was his 4th(?) year. Aj is as big of a question mark asJP. You guys arent even sure if he's gonna be the starter.

feelthepain said:
What would that be??? Since San Diego went from the #1 overall to the playoffs it should be eaiser to go from the 2nd overall with the same oustanding Oline coach, and they didn't even use their #1 overall player to do it!! I'll promise you your comment was a dig at this team, but as you can see your opinion has been dispelled!!
the chargers weren't learning a new system. They have arguably the best rb in the league while you have a rookie. Their qb is way better than what you have.

I think there are too many, could be, should be, and if's right now. We will have to wait until we see how these guys look, personnel wise, health wise, and learning wise coming out of Camp and the Preseason. I think the preseason will give us NOTHING in the way of knowing how good or bad we are because Nick and Linehan's aren't going to show too much other than the basics in the preseason, while teaching everything else in practice. We do have talent and good coaching, and sometimes, that's enough, I think we'll be a much improved team, I still say a year from the Playoff's though.

dolfins cant make the playoffs this year with so many holes. what the dolfins need is a real defense(minus taylor and madison) instead of snapping up other teams rejects( carter and traylor). also the offensive line has way to many holes for ronnie brown to run anywhre

billsrule7 said:
dolfins cant make the playoffs this year with so many holes. what the dolfins need is a real defense(minus taylor and madison) instead of snapping up other teams rejects( carter and traylor). also the offensive line has way to many holes for ronnie brown to run anywhre
Yes and I guess you think that the billy's can make the playoffs,,,,,, after 6 years? :lol:

:huh:Yeah "Taylor and Madison" are not "real" defensive players... :goof:

Soooo M Gandy, K Holcomb, and B Anderson are quality f-a signing's then ???
:roflmao:

H Houck is one of the BEST o-l coaches in the game!! It is going to be hilarious watching YOUR 4 CHOKE :laughat: secondary eat R Browns stiff arm..
:wave:

Marino1983

Parody rules in the Nfl. Or so the saying goes. We were on top, we got kicked down. now we're down, the idea of parody is that we will be up soon.

ch19079 said:
i see a big diffrence between a lossing record and the #2 overall draft pick.

I do believe you're splitting hairs. Recall the first Patriots Superbowl championship team? How about the Rams in '99? Panthers a few years ago?

I would have to say that the Phins have a better shot at getting deep into the Playoffs than the Bills do with Losman behind center this year.

Back
Top Bottom