Can the new look Fins Make the PLAYOFFS? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the new look Fins Make the PLAYOFFS?

ch19079 said:
ill start with the Defense.
your D line is improved ovre last season. but you filled the gaps with old players who are, IMO, past their prime. can they do what they did in the past?? thats a good question. J. Taylor is a very good player. Roth is a ROOKIE so he will be sharing playing time. and wont be getting 8 sacks.
so improved, but not dominant.

the LBs are solid. (aging, but still the backbone of your D. and probubly a probowler in there next season)

the secondary is a weakness IMO. madison is not in the same class as surtain. howard, while not to bad, is not in the same class as madison. so its weaker than previous years. the safeties are a problem also. Tillman is not good enough to start. and the SS is a good tackler but weak in pass coverage. the Bills have a SS like that. we use him alot, but hes NOT the starter. i sure dont want him in there on a passing down. :shakeno: yalls Passing D is alot weaker than last seasons.

now the Offense:
the O-Line is improved, not that it was dificult to improve on last years performance, but still improved. there are still a few problems at C and OT, but its not THAT bad. so thats improved.

RB, imiproved on the basis that Brown is expected to run well. but again, players dont usually have probowl seasons their rookie year. and i wont even mention Ricky as part of your O, till he takes a snap in a game. will he even make it through camp??

TE is set, but you dont want to see the backup AT ALL. still very good.

WR is just a huge question mark. Chambers is the #1, and will play very well like he always does. Booker is getting older, but can still cetch. and we all have no way of knowing what boston will do after injury and lack of steroids. but ill say you got a good recieving core, but that brings me to the QB.

the QB is a weakness. even with a 3 WR and 1 TE set, he wont be as productive as many want him to be. he might be better than last season, but not by much. he will get alot of blame for the losses.

overall:
Rushing D: improved but we wont know by how much till they play.
Passing D: MUCH weaker. i bet you see alot more blitzing from Seau and Spargan.
Passing O: slightly improved
Rushing O: improved

this is not the best Dolphin D we have seen the past few years, and its also not the best Dolphins team that weve seen teh past few years.

i dont think the fins will make the playoffs and will be at the bottom of the AFC east again this season. and finish 7-9

What about coaching shouldn't that be good for a couple maybe three wins?? I'd say 9-7 is a real possibility!!

Marino1983 said:
Yes and I guess you think that the billy's can make the playoffs,,,,,, after 6 years? :lol:

:huh:Yeah "Taylor and Madison" are not "real" defensive players... :goof:

Soooo M Gandy, K Holcomb, and B Anderson are quality f-a signing's then ???
:roflmao:

H Houck is one of the BEST o-l coaches in the game!! It is going to be hilarious watching YOUR 4 CHOKE :laughat: secondary eat R Browns stiff arm..
:wave:

Marino1983
first of all what i ment was that taylor and madison are the only good guys on your defense. second, the bills dont need to go out and overpay a bunch of losers like david boston to have a good team. after all we did have a winning record unlike you our team is in place. third, i never heard of H Houck so he obviously is not as good as M Mcnally. and lastly what team did the bills run over each year to 4 CHOKE, oh yea the marino led dolfins. nothing makes me happier than to put in my tape of the 1993 AFC Championship game where buffalo rolled into joe robbie and embarrased the dolfins right in front of their loser fans.

billsrule7 said:
first of all what i ment was that taylor and madison are the only good guys on your defense. second, the bills dont need to go out and overpay a bunch of losers like david boston to have a good team. after all we did have a winning record unlike you our team is in place. third, i never heard of H Houck so he obviously is not as good as M Mcnally. and lastly what team did the bills run over each year to 4 CHOKE, oh yea the marino led dolfins. nothing makes me happier than to put in my tape of the 1993 AFC Championship game where buffalo rolled into joe robbie and embarrased the dolfins right in front of their loser fans.

bostons getting paid the league minimum. And how can you forget Zach thomas, Hes still one of the top three MLB's in the game. Huock was the o line coach of the cowboys in the 90's. and he did a great job with the chargers o line last season. You SHOULD have heard of him, but you are a bills fan after all.

billsrule7 said:
Wasn't that the same year Norwood missed that kick? Man I cried for joy when that happened.

billsrule7 said:
dolfins cant make the playoffs this year with so many holes. what the dolfins need is a real defense(minus taylor and madison) instead of snapping up other teams rejects( carter and traylor). also the offensive line has way to many holes for ronnie brown to run anywhre
well first off carter is not a reject he is better than any dl that the bills have and second i don't know if miami we will make the playoffs but i do know that they will have a better record than the bills. :fire:

ch19079 said:
yes the chargers did it, but that was a VERY RARE thing. and is so rare that is should not be "expected".

there is a good chance that a 7-9 team can make the playoffs the following year.
but a MUCH lower chance that a 4-12 team can make the playoffs the following year.

so simply stating the persentage of lossing teams making the playoffs is a little misleading in putting the Fins up at that percentage.

Was it anymore rare then a rookie QB winning 15 games??? Or how about the Panthers going from a 4 win season to the SB the very next season???

feelthepain said:
Was it anymore rare then a rookie QB winning 15 games??? Or how about the Panthers going from a 4 win season to the SB the very next season???

sorry, the panthers went 7-9 the year before they went to the super bowl. and atleast for me, they weren't a surprise team at all. I saw that coming a mile away.

I didnt see the panthers making the superbowl but they looked like a stronger team.

the panthers defense was dominant. Like, all the times we were told how good the dolphins defense was, meant nothing if you've seen the panthers defense operate. you combine that with the fact that they had two RB's of pro bowl caliber. yeah, i certainly pictured them being a force. (not to mention a lot of them got caught one roids)

LOL @ Loser Jills FAN!

Look at this RED FACED loser Jills fan name calling NOW! I have had a slight touch of insomnia as of late and his posts are better than ambien! :sleep:

He has failed to comment on his teams MONUMENTAL COLLAPSE last season, being eliminated from the playoffs by the Steelers training camp players! LOL!

The Bills have their own set of problems on the O line. They have an angry HENRY and although I like Mcgahee, IM sure every Jills fan holds their breath every shot he takes! LOL!

No doubt I would take Ronnie Brown over Mcghaee even though Ronnie hasn't played a down yet. Ronnie will be a BIG FACTOR this season, especially with a Ricky Williams and Lamar Godron backing him up.

The Bills are a last place football team. IM sure of it. That terrrible loss? The team wont get over that for quite sometime, as we all know. That was worse than the FINS blowing the lead vs the PATS in 2002 and not making the playoffs that year.

Bill have a ROOKIE QB with a shaky O line, and aging VET WR and a RB who is talneted, but injury prone. Their D is pretty good, but not any better than ours.

This DOPE said we take other teams REJECTS. Carter could have went to a few different teams and will have an immediate impact. And Vonnie HOLLIDAY, wont be getting any more double teams here in Miami.

We are a better team all around than the Jills, IM not concerend about them at all. IM sure they will be "WHORED" again this year and with the changes we have made, they will be SWEPT by us.

billsrule7 said:

Hey pal! Don't get us satarted on how many winning records you guys have had lately versus us. Even Sinatra and Elvis had a bad song occasionally. How many superbowls have you won? Oh yeah I remember now!

NJFinFury2004 said:
Look at this RED FACED loser Jills fan name calling NOW! I have had a slight touch of insomnia as of late and his posts are better than ambien! :sleep:

He has failed to comment on his teams MONUMENTAL COLLAPSE last season, being eliminated from the playoffs by the Steelers training camp players! LOL!
:crazy:
We lost to the steelers back-ups but we swept you. Does that make your team nothing more than a High school team?

NJFinFury2004 said:
The Bills have their own set of problems on the O line. They have an angry HENRY and although I like Mcgahee, IM sure every Jills fan holds their breath every shot he takes! LOL!
And what has your OL done? Other than hire new players they still haven't done anything to say there are better than what you had last year (which was one of the worst) . The chargers fan who came here was right. Mcintosh is garbage .Oh yeah, you better hope Brown doesn't blow a knee because he is as much at risk as Willis is. :rolleyes:

NJFinFury2004 said:
No doubt I would take Ronnie Brown over Mcghaee even though Ronnie hasn't played a down yet. Ronnie will be a BIG FACTOR this season, especially with a Ricky Williams and Lamar Godron backing him up.
Of course you'll take an unproven rookie over a proven one. You're a finfan. If the fins drafted Clarett, you'd still take him over Willis :rolleyes:
NJFinFury2004 said:
The Bills are a last place football team. IM sure of it. That terrrible loss? The team wont get over that for quite sometime, as we all know. That was worse than the FINS blowing the lead vs the PATS in 2002 and not making the playoffs that year.
:rofl3: You're obviously not very good at math . 9-7 is better than 4-12. Ask a fellow finfan what those nos. mean if you don't understand.

NJFinFury2004 said:
Bill have a ROOKIE QB with a shaky O line, and aging VET WR and a RB who is talneted, but injury prone. Their D is pretty good, but not any better than ours.
Fins have a vet with a rookies brain. Our aging VET WR was better than anything you had last year. Our D was no. 2 and it wasn't better than yours? You're obviously not one who likes facts. All that matters is your OPINION.

Seriously , your football opinions sucks.
NJFinFury2004 said:
This DOPE said we take other teams REJECTS. Carter could have went to a few different teams and will have an immediate impact. And Vonnie HOLLIDAY, wont be getting any more double teams here in Miami.
Tillman was a bills rejects and then became other teams rejects. He's nothing more than what Robinson was to the bills back when we where 3-13. He's a band aid.
NJFinFury2004 said:
We are a better team all around than the Jills, IM not concerend about them at all. IM sure they will be "WHORED" again this year and with the changes we have made, they will be SWEPT by us.
Sure in your mind, youre a better team. In YOUR MIND.

Back
Top Bottom