Can Tua be the next Drew Brees? Orlovsky thinks so........ | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Tua be the next Drew Brees? Orlovsky thinks so........

When a guy has it there's no need in worrying about bad joo joos. Win or lose, he's going to basically be the same guy no matter what. He'll make his throws. He'll get his completions. Either his man will catch the ball when thrown to him on the important plays or he won't. Maybe he'll be off the mark for some reason. He'll still be the same guy, though.

That is to say that Tua is a good player and an NFL quarterback. Maybe even a good quarterback. I like what he is showing, and he's shown me a hunger to put the ball into the end zone. He has the right qualities.

Why would I not worry about Tua?

He's made more stupid plays than good ones on the year.

I swear, one game where every pass is within 2 yards of the LOS, he has ONE plus play in 30+ passing snaps and you all think he's a franchise QB.

Sorry, he's still the EXACT player I said he was. Slightly above average and will look great when everything around him goes right.

The man has 0 ability to -carry- his team by making plus type plays. He can only take what is there, which is a failure at QB in the modern NFL.

I swear, one game where every pass is within 2 yards of the LOS, he has ONE plus play in 30+ passing snaps and you all think he's a franchise QB.

Sorry, he's still the EXACT player I said he was. Slightly above average and will look great when everything around him goes right.

The man has 0 ability to -carry- his team by making plus type plays. He can only take what is there, which is a failure at QB in the modern NFL.

he is carrying this team right now! He is making quick decisions and operating a successful offense despite what will likely turn out to be the worst oline in the past 2 decades. Is he getting sacked a ton? nope. Is he throwing a ton of inaccurate passes? Nope. Is he making a ton a bad decisions? Nope. Are we winning with him and because he’s playing well and not in-spite of him? Absolutely!

I see that you’re 29, so I’m not too sure what your basing your qb criteria on on but the modern nfl is all about the short game and yac. There really aren’t many gunslingers like Marino or Favre left. It’s just the direction that most everybody is going, which Tua fits inside that group. Now if he gets an oline that he can trust, then he make take a few more shots and because of his accuracy he’ll hit them. But for now he is carrying this dead weigh oline and running game and turning heads doing it. The fantasy numbers will come when we support him with competent complimentary players (not all pros like some are claiming).

Tua's similarities with Brees are his size, and arm strength, and his ability at this stage to take a pre-snap read, look people off his intended target and deliver the ball quickly. He's had to develop this fast because , unlike Alabamer he does not have time to dally back there drinking tea and making reads. In a way he has not only benifited for having the OL problem but suffered from it. It is a testament to the kid that he has adapted his game (so far) to the "hand he's been dealt". Imagine having another WR to contend with or 1.5 more seconds to go deep?
This guy gets it :rbt:

You know guys are running out of material when they start making **** up... WTF is a plus play?

0 abiltity to carry his team... How about 5th less sacked QB in the NFL despite playing behind the worst ranked OL by 3 different sources, isnt that elevating the players around you? 6th in comp% over expected, that's "plus" and 80% comp in back to back games, and if it were so easy, it wouldnt have been done exactly 4 times before. rating over 104 in 4 of his last 5...

Talk about a clueless post...

Last edited:

B30B5BFA-9612-41EB-8DB6-02151A498067.jpeg

Thanks
You know guys are running out of material when then start making **** up... WTF is a plus play?

0 abiltity to carry his team... How about 5th less sacked QB in the NFL despite playing behind the worst ranked OL by 3 different sources, isnt that elevating the players around you? 6th is comp% over expected, that's "plus" and 80% comp in back to back games, and if it were so easy, it wouldnt have been done exactly 4 times before. rating over 104 in 4 of his last 5...

Talk about being clueless...
I am looking forwards to the FH awards for the most biased baseless clueless and least self-aware Poster

Got me curious.

What do you consider a +play? Escaping the pocket and finding a hole in coverage for a completion? How about maneuvering the pocket, looking off defenders and converting a 3rd and long? Recognizing a blitz or pressure and making a quick read/play to counter it? Avoiding sacks behind the (by far) worst pass-blocking unit the league has seen in recent memory?

He's made some rookie mistakes...ever wonder why they're called 'rookie' mistakes? Because they're expected from young/inexperienced QBs. But in no realm of reality has he made more rookie mistakes than good plays, especially during this win streak. That's just hyperbole.

It really seems like yourself and others who don't believe he's NFL material are basing that off of an expectation of him being a final product. He's not, he's a young guy learning and improving right before our eyes. If our eyes allow us to see it. Nobody knows for sure how this turns out, it takes time to get to that conclusion. He could hit a brick wall and stay exactly where he is now, or he could improve into a top-notch franchise QB. Every NFL long-time player, coach, HoF'er will tell you...it takes repetition to get better and learn...yet he's supposed to already be a top 10 QB after 16 games of action? Well, strangely enough he is, by some measures...just not enough measures for some I guess?

Just give the kid time bro. By 2023 he could be the talk of the NFL if he keeps progressing. That would be worth it.

Such a great point.

If only there was evidence that in the biggest moments like the game on the line, even championship on the line, Tua could remain calm under pressure, make the pre-snap read, look the safety off, and throw a 50 yard dime for the win.

Maybe someday, he will show it. Until then I guess we can only speculate he can’t make plus plays.

Well I won't go THAT far as of yet lol but Tua is playing great as of late and has been deadly accurate too. I will say this, if Tua ever leads the Miami Dolphins to a Super Bowl win (like what Brees did for New Orleans) Tua will be a legend and have a statue built in his honor outside of Hard Rock Stadium and his jersey will be retired. But I won't get too ahead of myself and set Tua up for failure here lol. He is playing great for us and I hope he keeps it up!

Got me curious.

What do you consider a +play? Escaping the pocket and finding a hole in coverage for a completion? How about maneuvering the pocket, looking off defenders and converting a 3rd and long? Recognizing a blitz or pressure and making a quick read/play to counter it? Avoiding sacks behind the (by far) worst pass-blocking unit the league has seen in recent memory?

He's made some rookie mistakes...ever wonder why they're called 'rookie' mistakes? Because they're expected from young/inexperienced QBs. But in no realm of reality has he made more rookie mistakes than good plays, especially during this win streak. That's just hyperbole.

It really seems like yourself and others who don't believe he's NFL material are basing that off of an expectation of him being a final product. He's not, he's a young guy learning and improving right before our eyes. If our eyes allow us to see it. Nobody knows for sure how this turns out, it takes time to get to that conclusion. He could hit a brick wall and stay exactly where he is now, or he could improve into a top-notch franchise QB. Every NFL long-time player, coach, HoF'er will tell you...it takes repetition to get better and learn...yet he's supposed to already be a top 10 QB after 16 games of action? Well, strangely enough he is, by some measures...just not enough measures for some I guess?

Just give the kid time bro. By 2023 he could be the talk of the NFL if he keeps progressing. That would be worth it.
But Lawrence is so shut yo damn mouth

Fun Fact: Tua is the least sacked starting QB in the NFL.

Sacks per game:
#1 Tua - 1.25 (32nd in pass blocking)
#2 Brady - 1.27 (13th in pass blocking)

And some others:
Burrow - 2.9 (31st in pass blocking)
Fields - 3.1 (9th in pass blocking)
Herbert - 1.9 (18th in pass blocking)
Jones - 2.0 (14th in pass blocking)
Mayfield - 2.6 (1st in pass blocking)

That's impressive IMO.

he is carrying this team right now! He is making quick decisions and operating a successful offense despite what will likely turn out to be the worst oline in the past 2 decades. Is he getting sacked a ton? nope. Is he throwing a ton of inaccurate passes? Nope. Is he making a ton a bad decisions? Nope. Are we winning with him and because he’s playing well and not in-spite of him? Absolutely!

I see that you’re 29, so I’m not too sure what your basing your qb criteria on on but the modern nfl is all about the short game and yac. There really aren’t many gunslingers like Marino or Favre left. It’s just the direction that most everybody is going, which Tua fits inside that group. Now if he gets an oline that he can trust, then he make take a few more shots and because of his accuracy he’ll hit them. But for now he is carrying this dead weigh oline and running game and turning heads doing it. The fantasy numbers will come when we support him with competent complimentary players (not all pros like some are claiming).
He is absolutely carrying this offense right now. The win metrics for his offensive line are the worst in the league, his running game is one of the worst in the league and his receiving targets are limited at best. Anybody who can't see that just doesn't understand football.

Back
Top Bottom