Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender

This is just my opinion, but having Clay and Cameron makes Wallace more expendable....ala the Pats when they had Gronk and Hernandez. I think it plays more to Tannes strengths having 2 pass catching TEs and 2 receivers and you can run from this formation easier!

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

......and play action!

Or we actually exploit the hell out of defenses with Wallace and Cameron's speed? Not to mention Cameron has size to go with his speed down the seem. I can't wait to see him blow by the LBs with nothing but open field because Wallace took the safety with him.

The #2 WR we need can be the TE. Put him on the boundary and put 2 WRs in the slot. Have fun with that, opposing Ds!

Finally! Fingers crossed on the injury risk. I also hope he can improve his blocking. But at last now Lazor has one big TE to convert 3rd downs and red zone situations. W00t!

Now we need one more big TE that can both block and catch and a versatile RB like Moreno was when healthy. ... and 2 more OG's.

I wonder how Lynch is progressing this offseason?

If they can somehow figure out how to keep Clay & Wallace, Lazor is going to be like....

Attachments

• madscientistflyinglabs150dpi.jpg
    madscientistflyinglabs150dpi.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 252
Lamar Miller must be licking his chops thinking of all the holes Wallace and Cameron are going to create in their wake. Add Clay and it becomes a wet dream as LBs get pulled away from the LOS.

If you look at the distribution of wealth to our "receivers", you can see that IF Clay returns the cuts of Hartline and Gibson paved the way for Cameron. Effectively, we replace both of their productivity while sharing the field with one player (Cameron) who will be on the field as much but offers precisely what they couldn't; red zone threat and mismatch opportunities.

We've just traded a toss up matchup with a 3rd CB for a mismatch with a LB that we win.

Bottom line. ...if we have Clay and Cameron (Healthy ), we will be "The Tits"!

The Buffalo Bills’ pursuit of Charles Clay, the tight end on whom the Miami Dolphins placed a transition tag, keeps getting more interesting by the day.

And, as The News learned Thursday night, it is far from over.

Three days after arriving in Buffalo from South Florida on the private jet of Bills co-owners Terry and Kim Pegula – Boca Raton, Fla., residents who accompanied him on the ride – Clay returned to South Florida, also courtesy of the Pegulas’ private aircraft, according to an NFL source. The Bills announced Tuesday that Clay was visiting their facility. It is known he also looked at potential housing during his stay.

The Bills were expected to present Clay with an offer sheet by Thursday, structuring it in such a way that the Dolphins would be discouraged to match it to retain him. The offer never came, and Clay decided he wanted to return home, the source said.
Meanwhile, on Thursday night, the Dolphins signed another tight end, former Cleveland Brown Jordan Cameron, to a contract. However, an NFL source said the Dolphins still would like to keep Clay.

It is possible that the signing of Cameron (plus other moves they have made) could then force the Dolphins to remove Clay’s transition tag, which would give them five days to match any offer he receives, and try to negotiate a long-term deal with the tight end.

That carries a risk, because once the tag comes off, Clay becomes an unrestricted free agent and can sign anywhere. According to a league source, the Bills are prepared to submit an offer to Clay, if the tag stays in place, or would swoop in with an offer if it comes off.

The Browns are known to have strong interest in Clay as well, but, the source said, he is expected to either return to the Dolphins or join the Bills.
http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/03/12/bills-remain-in-pursuit-of-clay-but-dolphins-still-want-him/

Signing Cameron gives us all the advantage with the Clay situation. We can sit on the tag number or we can work out a longer term contract at a lower cap hit or he get a richer offer from someone else and leaves. BUT this signing means we don't have to panic and overpay him to stay. We don't lose in any of these scenarios.

Jordan Cameron 10 tds in career. Mike Wallace 10 tds in a season. How is Wallace expendable?

I think if Clay bolts we should try to get Bowe on the cheap and add another redzone threat at receiver. I think Bowes production slip has a lot to do with Alex Smith and where he likes to throw.

Back
Top Bottom