Could You Stomach Osweiller Starting In 2019? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could You Stomach Osweiller Starting In 2019?

Could You Stomach Osweiller Starting In 2019?
I just threw up in my mouth

No. As fun as it is to imagine tanking, I could on at least entertaining Dolphins football. We went like a month without scoring a TD. That's not good enough. Osweiler doesn't have capability to make plays at a starter level.

I can stomach Sage Rosenfels if it means Tua/Fromm.

What I can't stomach is Tannehill, Carr, Bridgewater, Foles, Flacco, etc. winning 6-8 games and ending up in Charles Harris territory.

shula tanked once and went to the Super Bowl , picked this bum named Marino

I would rather give Falk a shot. At least Falk is young and unknown. Hey if you want to lose either one will probably do the job.

... to give us a high pick in 2020??

Many fans here petition for Foles/Flacco/Bridgewater to “hold” us over for a year, and automatically assume we will have our pick of QB in the 2020 class.

I’m saying the two do not go together.

Most of the early picks in 2020 go to teams that need a QB. We NEED to pick early.

In the immortal words of Sean Connery in Celebrity Jeopardy, we need to:

“Suck it Tribeck

Suck it long and hard”
**** that to hell. You can win without picking high if you have the right people upstairs and on the sidelines. Winning begets more winning, losing begets more losing. One player is not going to make a difference, unless it's Peyton Manning.

... to give us a high pick in 2020??

Many fans here petition for Foles/Flacco/Bridgewater to “hold” us over for a year, and automatically assume we will have our pick of QB in the 2020 class.

I’m saying the two do not go together.

Most of the early picks in 2020 go to teams that need a QB. We NEED to pick early.

In the immortal words of Sean Connery in Celebrity Jeopardy, we need to:

“Suck it Tribeck

Suck it long and hard”
Yes...I could.

I would put him back there as the resident crash dummy, or not depending on the focus on the oline.

I’d be OK with two options:

Sit tight at #13 and if Kyler Murray is available, draft him. Build around him, which then doesn’t require tanking.

If Murray is gone by #13, draft the best player defensive available or try to trade back for additional picks in 2020. Trade X Howard after the draft for the best possible return (hopefully a first-rounder, but more likely a second-rounder in 2020). Re-sign Osweiler for minimal amount. Let him start a few games, then switch to Falk. Let the chips fall where they may, record-wise. If we go 2-14, we’ll be in position to get a franchise QB. If we finish 4-12, we’ll have the draft capital to attempt to move up to select the QB. There’s the potential there to end up with three first round picks in 2020 (if you trade out of the 13th pick this year for a first-rounder in 2020 and find a way to get a first for X Howard).

Osweiler gets us 6-7 wins. We wouldn't be tanking. Just more of the same.

My preference is to start.

But if Osweiler is retained & wins the job.... Just have the new OC install the Air Raid O. Osweiler will throw 20+ picks.

This whole Tank for Tua thing is ludicrous. There is simply no guarantee this kid is a franchise QB in the NFL. He’s definitely no lock.

Back
Top Bottom