Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen

nah, you’re presenting more opinion. You just, again, seem to think it’s fact.

There are several successful playmakers that transition to the nfl game quickly whom are drafted every single draft in rounds from 2 to 7. That’s a fact. Look at the last 5 years draft. Those things have happened. They are facts.

Miami has several selections in the 2nd, a pick in the 3rd and a pick in the 4th. These are facts.

You don’t seem to *think* Miami can draft a playmaker with a draft pick outside of the first round. That’s an opinion.

And a foolish one at that. See? That was an Opinion. Not fact.
Sure - Put down the bong Wake up to reality

We gonna have a slate of C and D players across the board for many years to come if the FO chooses

Relying on “you can’t prove the future” based on more unquantifiable hope in GMs and late round picks is a fools game

If you want to play the game of absolutism be my guest no one gonna take that seriously - I am done

We have spent over 20 years looking for good line play let alone a QB and you think we can rely on these GMs to steal first rd Skilled players on either side of the ball in the later rounds OK???

Talk about misguided hope

What in the world are you talking about? I was responding to somebody else and I never even mentioned watson in my post.
My beg,
However from many posts, the camp that wants to stay with Tua always accuse our camp of saying Tua 'sucks' which is not the case.
Moreover, many label Watson as a disloyal diva and use win lose record to put down his ability. I can see the reasoning behind arguments in trusting Tua, or saving picks, or cap space to add FA, but those outlandish reasons are just too childish.

My beg,
However from many posts, the camp that wants to stay with Tua always accuse our camp of saying Tua 'sucks' which is not the case.
Moreover, many label Watson as a disloyal diva and use win lose record to put down his ability. I can see the reasoning behind arguments in trusting Tua, or saving picks, or cap space to add FA, but those outlandish reasons are just too childish.
I thought we were all in the Dolphins camp?

Sure - Put down the bong Wake up to reality

We gonna have a slate of C and D players across the board for many years to come if the FO chooses

Relying on “you can’t prove the future” based on more unquantifiable hope in GMs and late round picks is a fools game

If you want to play the game of absolutism be my guest no one gonna take that seriously - I am done

We have spent over 20 years looking for good line play let alone a QB and you think we can rely on these GMs to steal first rd Skilled players on either side of the ball in the later rounds OK???

Talk about misguided hope

Rev Kev just so I understand what you're even talking about... you somehow think pointing out the difference between FACT and OPINION is somehow me... defending... Grier? How did you make that leap in logic? Or you somehow turned this into my saying they can steal first round players... what the hell are you talking about?

We're talking about Facts vs Hope. You're adding a ton of context and putting words in my mouth. Not only that, but you butchered your own logic. Nobody said dealing in absolutes. You just don't understand the difference between A FACT (literally... look up the definition) and OPINION - again, go look at the definition. Now compare this to the definition of FACT.

I don't even know how you came to most of the conclusions in your post but buddy... your reading comprehension is abysmal. I'm pretty sure I could hit the bong for a few hours tonight and still not be too sure how you connected those dots.

My beg,

Logic and rationale? On FINHEAVEN!? You ask too much.

Cupboards were pretty bare..... Also I could see him take a nice jump in development the further he gets away from that hip injury.
I sure hope so.
I do not want Watson. Trade back, stockpile pics, if Tua cant progress in 2021 we can bundle stuff for 2022 draft.

What people seem to ignore is that Fitz did a lot more with the same receivers and running backs.

It's too early to tell what kind of player Tua will become but the excuses for his sub par performance this past season are a bit mind boggling when even Tua himself basically said he sucked and needs to do a lot better.

It's not about eliminating excuses for Tua, it's about the kid actually doing more than the guy behind hin with the team he is a part of. Elite QBs elevate the game play of their teams...
I agree but I still think some of the “excuses” - hip injury, hand injury, no OTAs, no preseason, no first team snaps - are real. If no significant jump in 2021 it may well be time to say over drafted.

Fact it is going to cost an arm and a leg and a credit line to acquire Watson because fact there will be a bidding war between the Jets

Fact Don’t Bid No Bidfing War

Fact keep the assets you acquired dismantling your tram in the first place - completely unnecessary because you fact had Tannehill

Fact should you acquire the Fact top talent of DW you will have a salary cap crunch sooner fact and lose all your early picks to surround him with weapons fact

fact you will be suiting guys like Hollins on a regular game by game basis

Fact you can’t have it both ways
So according to @CANDolphan

It won’t cost an arm and a leg and credit to acquire DW

Houston wont want a bidding war between the Jets and Mia

There will be no salary cap crunch

Mia will lose zero assets and those they lose will be replaced in the draft and be NFL ready top flight material

So see you can make a big trade for a top 5 QB and still build a competitive roster that year and years to come

You can have it both ways after all

What people seem to ignore is that Fitz did a lot more with the same receivers and running backs.

It's too early to tell what kind of player Tua will become but the excuses for his sub par performance this past season are a bit mind boggling when even Tua himself basically said he sucked and needs to do a lot better.

It's not about eliminating excuses for Tua, it's about the kid actually doing more than the guy behind hin with the team he is a part of. Elite QBs elevate the game play of their teams...

Excuses? The Tuaites go beyond excuses. They'd slap their own momma in the face if she'd dare question an obviously questionable season questioned by the very kid himself.

Eliminate the players around him. How did Tua look? Did he seem to have a natural instinct to throw away the ball when in trouble? No. Does he seem to feel pressure like the greats do? No. Did he look poised more often than naught? No. Was he regularly throwing into tight spots? No. Did he run with any sort of confidence whatsoever? No. Tua looked every bit as a talented rookie coming off of a major injury- EVERY bit. He showed flashes and played terrified.

"How can you say he played terrified..." blah blah blah and yada yada yada. When a corpse subs in and starts pushing the ball with the very same WRs and running game and blocking and all the rest and wins you games then there are a few factors at play. 1) Luck 2) Tua wasn't smart enough or baller enough to find the quick play 3) Tua was afraid of pushing the ball. Im obviously chalking it up to rookie fear/growing pains.

I don't believe Tua can be properly evaluated until year 3 and that's hoping he gets a full season under his belt. If we had gone 6-10, I'd very much look forward to said season.

But- 10&6. Im the guy who kept warning you that this is not a sprint, its a marathon. Thats it was going to take at least 3 years to be a solid football team. Well, I was wrong.

10&6. Thats no longer building. Thats in the game, folks.

At 6-10, It's Tua and the picks all day.

At 10-6, please buy me Watson.

I sure hope so.
I do not want Watson. Trade back, stockpile pics, if Tua cant progress in 2021 we can bundle stuff for 2022 draft.
This. We have a valuable asset at #3 and trading back to the 7-10 range will net us and additional first rounder. This allows us to grab two top prospects at 7-10 and 18 to help Tua while giving us firepower to grab a qb next year if there’s no improvement. My biggest thing with the Tua and Watson is if Tua fails we still have the picks and young players to recover assuming we play this smart and continue to stack picks.If Watson fails then the team is screwed and you’re talking about another 4-5 year rebuild. No I don’t think Watson will just become bad but after giving up picks and salary cap, I don’t think Miami would be any better than the Texans last year. Maybe for a year or two but eventually Watsons cap would tear apart the defense and I really don’t see us being able to add more offensive talent. Tua is by far the smarter/safer option while Watson is more boom or bust.

16 years vs rookie in an offense designed for Fitz.

Back
Top Bottom