Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl???? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do The Fins Really Have The Most Boring Qb In The Nfl????

I don’t need an excuse for any of them. In fact I brought none of them up. I am talking Luck and RT. Please try to keep up.

In this particular instance you brought none of them up. But let's be honest, you like to throw around the record argument and I showed you proof that record is not based solely on one player. AKA you can throw your "Tannehill has a poor record so replace him" argument out of the window.

A QB with a losing record just got a fully guaranteed 3 year contract. Another one of the is one of the highest paid QBs in the league.

Or perhaps youd like a revolving door at QB again.

Remember when the Broncos drafted their QB in the first round a few years ago? Then they resorted to playing Trevor Semian because he was their best option and signed a QB with one quality season in his career as the "savior." Perhaps you'd like to be that team.

Or let's be the Browns and draft Weeden, Manziel, Kizer, and now Mayfield.

if QBWINZ, why isn't San Diego competing for a super bowl every season?

I saw Dajesus make the regenerating ACL comment. I was trying to figure out WHO EXACTLY said that was possible....which is why I said nobody

No one said that, but I’m curious if we both rule out regeneration, and surgery, how is a torn ACL getting better?

It’s funny how Ryan Tannehill fans want to have it both ways. He is an iron man except he has missed 20% of his possible 97 career starts due to injury. I’m glad Luck has been discussed. Would anyone here accuse him of being injury prone? Would anyone consider him an iron man? Becareful how you answer because he has started 76 games to Ryan’s 77. Virutually the same, and they came in to the NFL the same year.

I whole heartily want Ryan to be successful. From the core of my being I want nothing more. I would contend I want it just as much as every RT17 superfan that sees him through the rosiest of rose colored glasses. I am a realist though, so I dont expect anything more than he has a put on tape for 77 career starts. That is why I am not surprised when the national media doesn’t share the ****eyed enthusiasm for Ryan that some of Ryan’s super fans have. They see him for exactly what he is because they can be objective... A sub .500 QB with average stats, who had missed the past 20 games.

I don’t get why there is a conversation here about Ryan’s injury only being 1 knee injury and not 2. Who cares? If it’s 6 injuries it doesn’t change the story that he missed the last 20 games. I also don’t understand why so many give him a free pass for completely mismanaging his tear in his ACL? Instead of having the surgery he went to Europe to have expeiramental treatment that failed utterly. Ryan crushed our 2017 season single handedly by not having ACL surgery. I don’t get why he gets a pass for this. Did Wentz risk the Eagles future when he tore an ACL in Dec? No he manned up, and went under the knife.

Probably because football illiterates like you bash him immediately on the forum for basically any incompletion and cry for his crucifixion after any interceptions. You can go back and watch every drop back from 16 and if you can find me more than 5 interceptions for the whole year that were his fault I'd be surprised. I can maybe recall 2-3, add one for the pick against the ravens that was really a misplayed ball by parker in the endzone. You'll find even less of a percentage of the sacks that weren't a blown assignment by James or one of the horrible, not NFL starter caliber guards we embarrassingly put out there.

As for him mismanaging the injury, I agree. If he lost his job because of it, IE cutler wasn't horrible or we drafted a rookie in a mid round like Faulk or Rudolph, I'd be with you but acting like he's injury prone or soft is just a hater, football illiterate narrative.

Ryan is given a free pass because Dr James Andrews, (his surgeon who is considered the top orthopedic surgeon in the nation) and the Miami Dolphins doctors, considered it a strain/slight tear and recommended to him to rehab a year ago rather than have the full ACL surgery (the MCL would heal itself with nature). As it turns out, they made the wrong call re the ACL when he aggravated it at training. However, when you have the very best orthopedic surgeon and a team of other doctors making a recommendation and you follow their advice, I don't think you are being fair to blame the player.
BTW - the European treatment was just to accelerate the recovery with stem cells - it was not the problem.

As someone who thinks RT17 is legit, I disagree with the free pass for the injury care. Get the **** fixed, period. The stem cell **** is garbage and people always eventually need the surgery at some point anyway. Rehab and stem cells is for weekend warriors, not professional athletes.

Probably because in his “elite” stretch he was game managing for 215 yards while we had Ajayi running wild. Ryan’s most exciting game was in SD, which I was I at, he was throwing some rockets in that game.

He was ridiculously elite in the steelers game, Pats game which was a loss and the Cards game where he left early due to a cheap shot. The only questionable game he had all year was the ravens game and still that game was hamstrung with bad WR plays and fumbles.

Nice, take away Luck’s division wins. Lol but when people discredit Tannehill’s wins on a soft schedule you throw a hissy fit. You know like Tannehill struggling to put the Browns away. Or needing a late comeback to beat a rams team with only 10 points. Yeah you’ll say it’s a team game, yet Luck has dragged worse teams than Tannehill has had to the playoffs. You know the AFC east is not much better and even considered a joke as free 6 wins for New England every year. Miami should be going 4-2 every year in this division where supposedly Miami has the 2nd best QB in the division.
Try knowing what youre talking about, that rams D was good and Tannehill was on point that game go back and watch the film

In this particular instance you brought none of them up. But let's be honest, you like to throw around the record argument and I showed you proof that record is not based solely on one player. AKA you can throw your "Tannehill has a poor record so replace him" argument out of the window.

A QB with a losing record just got a fully guaranteed 3 year contract. Another one of the is one of the highest paid QBs in the league.

Or perhaps youd like a revolving door at QB again.

Remember when the Broncos drafted their QB in the first round a few years ago? Then they resorted to playing Trevor Semian because he was their best option and signed a QB with one quality season in his career as the "savior." Perhaps you'd like to be that team.

Or let's be the Browns and draft Weeden, Manziel, Kizer, and now Mayfield.

if QBWINZ, why isn't San Diego competing for a super bowl every season?
Of course record isn’t solely based on one player. I never said it was. I do use it however with QBs because they do affect it but it typically look at it over many seasons. As talent levels go up and down around them the QB does in fact affect wins and losses over time. It’s funny the RT backers will actually use the stat as well when it fits their argument.

Again you can’t merely use this stat alone. You use many stats to evaluate a QB. Any can be used pro or con for the argument at different times or different periods, can’t they? RT QBR last six games of 2016, for example.

This post was merely Luck and RT. It’s not even close to me and many others who they would take if both healthy.

I’m not looking for a revolving door. I’m merely saying we can do better at the position.

Of course record isn’t solely based on one player. I never said it was. I do use it however with QBs because they do affect it but it typically look at it over many seasons. As talent levels go up and down around them the QB does in fact affect wins and losses over time. It’s funny the RT backers will actually use the stat as well when it fits their argument.

Again you can’t merely use this stat alone. You use many stats to evaluate a QB. Any can be used pro or con for the argument at different times or different periods, can’t they? RT QBR last six games of 2016, for example.

This post was merely Luck and RT. It’s not even close to me and many others who they would take if both healthy.

I’m not looking for a revolving door. I’m merely saying we can do better at the position.

Yeah, and so can about 26 other teams in the NFL.

Should Detroit move on? Or Oakland? Or San Diego? Minnesota could probably do better than a .500 QB too, right?

Back
Top Bottom