Dolphins 0-43 Patriots - #hottakes thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 0-43 Patriots - #hottakes thread

Rosen is Tannehill 2.0

Beautiful throw one play, horrible the next. Fights through injury. Tries to run a lot. Yup, Tanny 2.0
And appears to hold the ball too long. For me that’s the big “tell” if someone’s got it or not. Do they get the ball out quick / make quick decisions? Rosen can make all of the throws and he feels the pocket well, but he seems slow to get the ball out on a lot of plays in what little I’ve seen of him (I understand this was the big knock on him last year). Need to see more of him. He was forcing the ball deep and almost scored 2x if not for our pathetic WRs.

Personally i'm totally chill. The face of our franchise is on his way in 14 more games and if we keep looking this bad we might even get a new GM to spend all of these picks
Ross' grand plan? If so, it wouldn't actually be a bad one if he has no faith in Grier. Make him out to be the fall guy?

Meh if you wanna tear it all down who cares how we look this year. Nobody will be left save for a select few

And appears to hold the ball too long. For me that’s the big “tell” if someone’s got it or not. Do they get the ball out quick / make quick decisions? Rosen can make all of the throws and he feels the pocket well, but he seems slow to get the ball out on a lot of plays in what little I’ve seen of him (I understand this was the big knock on him last year). Need to see more of him. He was forcing the ball deep and almost scored 2x if not for our pathetic WRs.

OMG, this is just a dumb post. He came into the middle of a disaster with no preparation and trying to make something happen and you equate to Thill. Classic. Where do we find these fans?

OMG, this is just a dumb post. He came into the middle of a disaster with no preparation and trying to make something happen and you equate to Thill. Classic. Where do we find these fans?
??? I said “he appears to hold it too long” based not just on today. I also said we need to see more. “These fans” have been watching every QB this franchise has ever started minus John Stofa.

We are tanking. I don’t know why everyone is upset. I’ve written off this season. The master plan... I think.

I'm trying to make sense out of this dismal performance by the Dolphins and I may have come up with something? I knew something wasn't right about the way Ross and Gase separated.

Gase was (fired or allowed to leave), because he wanted to win?
Ross didn't want him to go because Gase wanted to win?

How could any of that been true?

I think I can see the light. Imagine Gase and Ross working on a strategic plan for Dolphins for the next five years. It might have gone something like this.

Young coach Gase speaking with Ross; I know we need to do a total rebuild, but I play to win.

Older and with more business experience Ross responds; there may be a way to do both. If I take control for the next three years, I can have the team rebuilt. It will require one or two changeovers in the coaching staff, but in the end we will have a more talented team. At that point I can bring in a coach who can win some with what he has and let him win it all with a good team.

Gase asks a reasonable question; who would be that coach and what will happen to me. Ross smiles with a knowledge that only age and wisdom can provide; why you will be that coach. Gase is a little slow and says but if you bring in a coach, where will I be?

Ross smiles again very slowly; you will leave to coach another team while I pay your current alary for the period of your contract. This way you continue to grow as an NFL coach and will end up with a double income for a year or so. Then the Dolphins will have tanked and rebuilt themselves with the extra draft capital we will accumulate via poor play and selling off our current players for a lot more then they are worth because people make those kind of dumb purchases at a fire sale.

I can then get rid of the coaching staff in a year or two and then get another coach to improve the basic team organization. At that point you will become conveniently available in the market place. You should be able to get your then current team to replace you and still have to pay of your contract. It's easier to figure out how to do this the second time because you will have a working template.

At this point I will be able to give you the team I thought I was giving you when we first met. I learned a little late how bad the team was and how good you were in getting it to look, how shall I say it, not quite that bad. I like to keep my promises.

Gase thinks about what Ross just told him, smiles back at Ross and then said loudly enough to be overheard; "You don't know what your talking about! I'm an expert and you should be listening to me. I want out." Ross looks at him with a smile of understanding as he says "O.K."

Old age and treachery can always overcome youth and inexperience.

Or maybe this is just wistful thinking on my part. Still, the more I look at it the better I like as an answer to what for me seems to be a paradox.

:walrus

I agree with you with the exception that I think he's a bit better than Tannehill. Rosen has a bit more pocket feel but he definitely needs to bail bit earlier because he is holding the ball bit too long on occasion. He can throw well on the Run he just has to make a quicker decision to bail from the pocket.

The other thing I want to bring up is that has come in when its garbage time where the defense is on a full-blown press to get him so he has no advantage of run-pass it's normally just passpasspass. I think he'll benefit from a first half start.
Definitely has to clean up that bad pass that he seems to throw every third or fourth one but I think that should calm down with more playing time especially if the oline gels a bit more.

I thought the defense played a little better and the penalties were reduced a little at least. Those are at least some positives.

Back
Top Bottom