Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill

his career average is 28 td and 9 int , he's made 4 pro bowls and he's won a Superbowl

he doesn't need to show anyone why he's a superstar because he already has

Right, just not in the playoffs.

Doesn't matter though like in the Vikings game this year, where he was a "superstar" (according to the media) lmao.

Sitting at home, because Calais Campbell f***** up his knee right before he was about to make the playoffs.

Just remember, in this business, if you're not first, you're last.

REALLY looking forward to this weekend y'all...

I'm out.
LMFAO. Matt Moore led Miami to the playoffs that year. Do you think Ryan would have one of the two games Moore won, on the road? Ryan has proven he can't win on the road, specifically late in the season against AFCE opponents. Moore won two divisional road games that HAD to be won. Ryan would have likely flopped like he normally does and been sacked 8 times.

LMFAO. Matt Moore led Miami to the playoffs that year. Do you think Ryan would have one of the two games Moore won, on the road? Ryan has proven he can't win on the road, specifically late in the season against AFCE opponents. Moore won two divisional road games that HAD to be won. Ryan would have likely flopped like he normally does and been sacked 8 times.
Ryan just proved miami wouldn’t have won in Buffalo that year because he just can’t do it

If tannehill gets hurt in preseason and moore starts the whole season I would be willing to bet they end up with more wins. Tannehill was JAG all year.

Looking at some of the posters potential landing spots for Tannehill, I have to believe he has 2 legitimate teams to land on....Washington and Jax.

I just dont see Denver with a new coach coming in taking a waiver on Tannehill. Arizona and the investment in Rosen needs to be played out. And Washington with Daniel Snyders need to continue being mediocre, could be the answer.

Jax with Tom Coughlin and company being put on notice may lead to a call.

You get what you can for Tannehill, but putting a ceiling or a floor on it only prolongs the inevitable process being sought by Ross.

The problem with your belief is that when the backup QB plays with the same players during the years Tannehill has been injured the Dolphins offense outperforms the games when Tannehill is playing.

Not over a full season they would not...you are basing it on a snapshot
Doubt any of those guys putting up 4k yards and 25ish TD's....EVER

Nice job throwing in Nick Foles to try and break the common theme. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

giphy.gif

Which QB would you take? Which QB is better?

QB A

23-21-1 record as starter (.523 winning %)

53-20 TD pass / Int = 2.65 TD pass - 1 Int ratio

79 TD (Pass + Rush) - 25 Turnovers (Int + Fumbles lost =5) = 3.16 TD - 1 Turnover ratio

2 winning seasons out 3 as starter (started 50% of teams games or more)

1 playoff appearance

QB B

42-46 record as starter (.477 winning %)

123-75 TD pass / Int = 1.64 TD pass - 1 Int ratio

129 TD (Pass + Rush) - 96 Turnovers (Int + Fumbles Lost = 21) = 1.34 TD - 1 Turnover ratio

1 winning season out of 6 as starter

0 playoff appearances

I don't know why you bother responding. The Russell Wilson detractors essentially wear clown suits and have always worn clown suits. Wilson was an elite quarterback in college and as soon as he entered the league. There were sophisticated online studies indicating he was the best quarterback in that draft and the best quarterback to enter the league in many years, if you based it solely on which traits and statistics translated best to NFL success, and if you ignored his height. Obviously the height could not be ignored by traditional standards. Many sharp posters like djphinfan understood it could be downplayed, and that Russell Wilson was ultra special. Wilson's stats have been tremendous since he entered the league. There was never any room or need for Happy Adjustment. I have mostly retired that term but some of the hilarious comments in this thread warranted a return. Russell Wilson is second all time in Adjusted Yards Per Pass Attempt, which is a very significant stat, as cbrad on the other site has properly mentioned. Every top stats guy knows that. Only Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are above 8.0 in that category among every quarterback who has ever played in the NFL. Otto Graham barely missed at 7.99. I bet he fretted that missing hundredth of a yard until the day he died.

The notion that Wilson was along for the ride with Seattle is ultimate Happy Adjuster ignorance. The only ones dense enough to actually believe that are the ones who were dense enough to ignore or downplay how superb Wilson was at boosting that team. His instinctive escape ability bailed them out time and again. It set up lethal passing plays against tired defenses. Wilson has actually declined in several aspects of his game. He is no longer quite as quick or elusive. Seahawks blogs like the one run by the excellent Rob Staton have commenters who properly describe that time and again, bemoaning all the plays that Wilson used to make but can no longer make.

That type of thing is conveniently ignored from afar. The detractors spent so much time desperately comparing Tannehill to Wilson and Luck that now they need some rationalization toward why they were so brutally wrong. Oh, the Colts fixed Andrew Luck's offensive line. Oh, Russell Wilson is now an improved player.

I love how they are salivating at the prospect of Seattle losing a playoff game. Meanwhile, the season win over/under on that team was 8 with heavy juice on the under. That juice reached -200 on the under in some spots. A few joints dropped the number to 7.5. Right now you can get 17/1 odds on Seattle reaching the Super Bowl. Not winning it. Reaching it. It could be higher than 17/1 somewhere. That is merely the number I saw at 5Dimes.eu this morning.

Ryan Tannehill will not be in demand. Nobody in this league aspires to average. That's what the Tannehill fans have long ignored, and the fans thinking we will receive a high draft pick are ignoring. The Dolphins wasted year after year pretending Tannehill could somehow reach heights he never before attained. The rest of the league quickly saw him for what he was and has always been. Sam Bradford was once the first overall pick. Tyrod Taylor had a season in the NFL that Tannehill has not threatened. Taylor went to the Pro Bowl in 2015 on the strength of 8.3 Adjusted Yards Per Attempt and only 6 interceptions among 380 passes. That type of thing boosts value. Too many posters here get an overall impression of a player and don't realize it is a biased viewpoint based primarily on rooting for the Miami Dolphins. Andy Dalton is always laughably underrated on this site. Nobody is claiming he is elite but ones denouncing him toward the bottom of the league never take off that clown suit. Keep in mind I am being kind. The friends I knew for so long in Las Vegas don't participate on message boards because they say they couldn't tolerate one thread with all the homer bias.

For Tannehill's sake he needs to go to a team that figures to rebound forward in 2019. Jacksonville fits, after the severe drop in won/loss record from 2017 to 2018. That team already has a talented roster, especially on defense. Even if Bortles returned as starter they couldn't be as bad as 2018. Tannehill could go there and receive mostly undeserved credit in 2019. Then the fan base and Tom Coughlin wake up in 2020 when Tannehill remains stagnant. But since Jacksonville was so aggressive grabbing Bortles early in that draft I suspect the organization likely aims well above Ryan Tannehill.

There are very few teams who will look for Tannehill as a starter. Money aside, Tannehill would be an ideal backup to someone like Brady or Brees or any other team that is playoff bound. He has very little value as a starter given his recent play, injuries, and age. Great team first player and tough as nails. His time has come and gone.

Nice job throwing in Nick Foles to try and break the common theme. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

Right, as if you or anyone else on this site does :rolleyes:

And I may have been the only person on this whole board who supports bringing in Jameis Winston, hell I'd trade for him (check the thread), but nice try with the race card.

Back
Top Bottom