Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill

I believe june 1st cut gives us the most cap room

No, the difference is the Seattle football team runs the football very effectively unlike us, AND plays great defense (but who really cares about the other 52 and coaching right?).

Can't wait till RW chokes in epic fashion in the playoffs AGAIN, and all his defenders still prop him up as a HoFer because he won a SB with a team so unbelievable my mother could have been their QB lmao.
A perfect example of the chasm between Wilson and Tannehill...

Tannehill supporters wait with bated breath for Wilson to lose in the playoffs, EVERY DAMN YEAR.

The rub is that they can't accept that Tannehill is the same gigantic midget that couldn't beat Thad Lewis when it was crunch time.20190104_121350.jpg

Keep him for now, but he should know he might not be the starter. During preseason hope he looks really good, and then wait for the QB of another team to go down (it always happens...even us). Then try to get something good for him.

If nothing happens...such is life.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already because I haven’t read the entire thread yet but this is ridiculous. If you take the games against the Dolphins defense as a measuring stick for QBs you will be severely disappointed. Geno Smith would be in the Hall of Fame if he had played the Dolphins every week.

The Bills scored 29.5 points per game against our defense but on the season they scored 17 points per game. Which is 3 points per game less than our anemic offense. So hold your praise for Josh Allen just a bit.

Guess you missed the part where I called Allen a below average QB. Regardless of how bad our defense was a 5 TD game is impressive especially for a rookie. Back in 2016 when Tannehill and the Dolphins went on that magical stretch I had no problems giving him props even though the majority of his wins came against teams with losing records.

If the Dolphins faced the 30th, 31st and 32nd ranked defense the last 3 weeks of the season and won out I doubt you would bring up the fact that their competition was weak. You would be celebrating a playoff birth as would I.

OMG this Thill stuff never ends!

IMO Ryan is worth what someone is willing to pay...

Seriously doubt that's a premium pick.

Or we could just do the kid a favor and release him.

None of our crap QBs ever had the chance of 7 years, 2 different HCs, several different OCs, dozens of different WRs, OL players etc.
The Dolphins partnered the guy with more players and coaches in a 7-year span than a top hooker has Johns in that same time span.

If you continuously exchange variables and leave one constant and the results remain continuously ****ty you might want to look at the only constant in that equation.

Misleading
What you cite are are overwhelmingly considered here as brutal coaches and ALL here will agree that the OL has been a constant problem
care to deny that when RT was given adequate protection he produced?
or when ALL could see there were protection issue ZERO adjustments were made to help out?

So if everything around you sucks for the duration your statement is not applicable

Damn, it’s like a bunch of bitter exgirlfriends in this thread.

Tyrod ****ing Taylor was had for a third. That’s the minimum you ask for in return, but I’d ask for a second since Tannehill has been much better than Taylor. You guys need to get this Mike Tennenbaum bullshit out of your head and stop giving away resources because your little feelings are hurt he didn’t win a super bowl.
You won't get a third for a shell of a QB who the NFL knows is going to get the boot sooner or later and probably won't take a paycut.

When/if he leaves here, I see nothing but clipboards in his future. Occasionally popping out to save the day...think Nick Foles.

I disagree unless your bar for success is extraordinarily low. It's not some conspiracy or league-wide mistake that Gase is getting multiple HC interviews and Tannehill is maybe worth a mid-round pick. Anything better than a 5th would leave me ecstatic. I just don't see Tannehill taking a team to the playoffs. I can see Gase achieving that type of success.

I agree with your sentiment that I appreciate Tannehill's toughness and he put up with our franchises incompetence the same way we put up with his perennial average play for 7 years.

When it comes to Foles however...it's very easy for me to make a case that Foles is flat out a better QB than Tannehill. More touchdowns per-game, better YPA, better career rating...you could tell me it was just based on his one great regular season but if THill had that kind of season in his resume we wouldn't hear the end of it. I could also point to his clutch performances (Playoffs and Super-Freakin-Bowl) compared to Tannehill's anti-clutch performances in "win or go home" games (ducks against awful divisional opponents).

No one should be trashing Tannehill but there is no need to prop up his play. We've got a full-blown sample size.

Rich Kotite was a HOT item after being fired by the Eagles

He's taken a ton of punishment in the NFL. I know he's very tough but if I were him I'd think about hanging them up and finishing Med School. He's got a beautiful family and buckets of money.

Tannehill cap number makes him damn near untradeable. Any team wanting would only do so if he wanted to redo his deal.

Just release the guy, hes shell-shocked ala David Carr.

The cap number won’t follow him tho. We take that hit, not the other team. We have already given him that money.

LOL

You guys have lost all objectivity on the matter.
Which QB would you take? Which QB is better?

QB A

23-21-1 record as starter (.523 winning %)

53-20 TD pass / Int = 2.65 TD pass - 1 Int ratio

79 TD (Pass + Rush) - 25 Turnovers (Int + Fumbles lost =5) = 3.16 TD - 1 Turnover ratio

2 winning seasons out 3 as starter (started 50% of teams games or more)

1 playoff appearance

QB B

42-46 record as starter (.477 winning %)

123-75 TD pass / Int = 1.64 TD pass - 1 Int ratio

129 TD (Pass + Rush) - 96 Turnovers (Int + Fumbles Lost = 21) = 1.34 TD - 1 Turnover ratio

1 winning season out of 6 as starter

0 playoff appearances

Rich Kotite was a HOT item after being fired by the Eagles

Yea I mean I wouldn’t bet the farm on either of them being a major success but my gut just has more optimism on Gase’s upside vs. Tannehills.

QB A

79 TD (Pass + Rush) - 25 Turnovers (Int + Fumbles lost =5) = 3.16 TD - 1 Turnover ratio

1 playoff appearance

QB B

129 TD (Pass + Rush) - 96 Turnovers (Int + Fumbles Lost = 21) = 1.34 TD - 1 Turnover ratio

0 playoff appearances

You’re literally the last person who should be discussing Tannehill. You have no ability to be objective or rational on the topic.

QB A

1 playoff appearance

QB B

0 playoff appearances

I see your point but again you are asking me to ignore the atrocious coaching/gameplan/playcalling I HAVE witnessed
I doubt Taylor (I assume that is who this is)would have matched RT's numbers under those conditions & I truly believe RT would have bested Taylors numbers in Buff
But to each his own

No, they surrounded him with a GREAT defense and running game, the team is not successful when those things are not in place like last year.

And I would wait until he at least beats the Cowboys to call him a great QB, if he puts up another stinker then his playoff play will be s*** outside of Super Team 2013, not that anyone will care but that will be the truth.

The Seahawks did not give Wilson a great run game, Wilson made their run game appear great by inflating their numbers with his own rushing yards.

(Seahawks rank and rushing yards) minus (Wilson's contributions)=rank without Wilson's rushing yards

2012--(#3)2579- 489=2090 #8

2013--(#4)2188-539=1649 #22

2014--(#1)2762-849=1913 #12

2015--(#3)2268-553=1715 #18

Only 1 of Wilson's 1st 4 years did the Seahawks have a top 10 rushing offense. I wouldn't really consider the #8 rush offense GREAT but that's semantics. I mean if those are GREAT rushing offenses than last years 9-7 record while having a terrible oline and the 25th ranked rush offense which would have been ranked 30th without Wilson should be considered a success.

Back
Top Bottom