Dolphins headed back to London in 2015 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins headed back to London in 2015

If Miami is averaging 70,000 in attendance the stadium must hold 140,000..... Cause there have been several games this year where that stadium was more orange seats than the usual opposing teams fans.

That or every one through the gate is clicked twice coming through the turn style.

There was a game earlier this year and on the replays on Inside the NFL is was embarrassing how many seats were empty. But still.. Somehow magically averaging 70,000.

I will be there next Thursday night... Will be fun to see the announced attendance versus the eye test.

It can be deceiving but south Florida fans are famous for getting to their seats late and after halftime don't expect them to hurry back to their seats either.

When you are walking out with your tail between your legs early in the 4th quarter make sure you take a mental picture as you head to the parking lot, then report back to us with a head count.

If Miami is averaging 70,000 in attendance the stadium must hold 140,000..... Cause there have been several games this year where that stadium was more orange seats than the usual opposing teams fans.

That or every one through the gate is clicked twice coming through the turn style.

There was a game earlier this year and on the replays on Inside the NFL is was embarrassing how many seats were empty. But still.. Somehow magically averaging 70,000.

I will be there next Thursday night... Will be fun to see the announced attendance versus the eye test.

If you know the stadium the number 70k is pretty accurate. There was an average of 5000 to 6000 empty seats at some of the games.

You must be the Bills version of NYJunc. NFL Replay? :lol: Do you know how many empty stadiums I see on any replay on any given Sunday? About a dozen. Most of the replays with empty seats are from the 3rd quarter and Miami is not unique to empty seats at the beginning of the second half.

And as a Bills fan you should know all about empty seats in the last few years.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

It can be deceiving but south Florida fans are famous for getting to their seats late and after halftime don't expect them to hurry back to their seats either.

When you are walking out with your tail between your legs early in the 4th quarter make sure you take a mental picture as you head to the parking lot, then report back to us with a head count.

Don't you love those pinheads coming out of the woods now. :lol:

I am talking about the Sunday night Jets home opener a couple years ago.
4 years ago? :lol:
You do know that what we call crappy attendance at 70/71,000 would fill crappy Ralph Wilson Stadium?
And you do know that the Bills and Dolphins have similar attendance in the last few years?

I`m English and I have to say that I`m against an NFL franchise in London. It`s America`s game, leave it there I say.

Us Brits have NFL teams that we follow and won`t change our allegiance to the London franchise. We like travelling to the States to see our teams and have a holiday. The novelty of a franchise here will soon wear thin and attendances will drop. The country where a franchise would be a big success imo is Germany. They love the NFL and if I remember rightly they had three NFL Europe franchises that all had high attendance figures.

It may be a good thing to have a franchise in London and help promote the sport etc, but I`m really not so sure.

Screw this.

People over there watch it on TV.

Let's keep it that way.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Dolphins are playing the Jets next year in London. There will be no Jets game in Miami next season. :(

omfg! this is even worse.

Our owner is a moron.

Our biggest home game and he waffles over to Goodell.

I'm happy :brewskis: - i know it can't be good losing a home game but there are so many Dolphins fans over here in the UK and now we are getting a chance to see them often. Having the Dolphins come over this year has converted my two kids to Phins fans for life - my son has never taken off his Phins jacket since London this year. Its even better knowing we will be able to screw the damn Jets at the same time!!! Spent most of the London trip explaining to the kids how much we hate the Jets - explained it as like the UK vs the French.

a divisional home game in another country...that's just flat bs...

WOW I just saw this!
How the hell can you have a divisional game in London? Make one team lose a home game against a division rival.
This is stupid, its bad for the players, fans, everyone.
You want to force these guys to play in London fine have an NFC vs AFC game. Not a division rivalry!

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I'm happy :brewskis: - i know it can't be good losing a home game but there are so many Dolphins fans over here in the UK and now we are getting a chance to see them often. Having the Dolphins come over this year has converted my two kids to Phins fans for life - my son has never taken off his Phins jacket since London this year. Its even better knowing we will be able to screw the damn Jets at the same time!!! Spent most of the London trip explaining to the kids how much we hate the Jets - explained it as like the UK vs the French.

That's great!- Lets have Fins Jags in London, or Fins Giants. NOT a divisional game

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

I hope they don't make us play at the Jets in December. Then we lose our home game and still go there in December...Brutal

Goodell is really making Ross jump through some flaming hoops to get a super bowl in Miami. This is some garbage.

This would be the DREAM match up (Jets @ Fins) for Wembley, but even as much as I wanna see it, more than anything, we shouldnt have to give up a divisional game - not fair to our fans who live in Miami/USA.

We should be sent Giants or Dallas, an NFC team, which isnt as important.

Back
Top Bottom