Dolphins Trade for McKinnie | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Trade for McKinnie

I thought the Clabo signing was a good move. He was a pro bowler 2 years ago and last year he played well the last 3/4 of the year. At the very least, I thought he would be serviceable. But he is on pace to give up 21 sacks. Think about that... if the entire OL was playing that badly we would be on pace to give up 105 sacks just on the starting 5. That's unbelievable.

Ireland is paid good money to know more about these things than I do.
you seem to forget that every member here is a fantasy football GM and there's no way that A gm like Ireland knows more then them.
Not defending Ireland or praising him, just hate the fact most people on this board think they could do Any GM job better then the guys actually doing it

Last edited by a moderator:
The time to get McKinnie was before the bye-week, so he could practice for a week. In all likelihood, McKinnie won't be up to full-speed until we're 3-5. (Well, McKinnie's version of 'full speed').

Also, we'd have time to evaluate the situation. Now, it's a leap of faith with McKinnie this week.

Should've pulled the trigger on the Branden Albert trade. Then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

But then the majority of posters would of cried about giving up a #2 and paying his salary. You know how that works here.

I didn't, but we all knew he was doomed after about week 3 and the FO did nothing... Waiting until things got real desperate to make any kind of move. Inexcusable.

And they took some serious risks taking this approach with an unproven Martin at LT and a bargain basement vet at RT.

In hindsight, trading a 3rd for Albert was the right move, especially considering the 3rd rounders have been injured since landing in Davie
I think it's good timing, times aren't desperate either, we're 3-3 and the grass is still green. The best choice was to see if Clabo picked it up, 6 games is a good amount of time to see if any progress is made or how much is made. If we cut players after 1-2 bad games then this team isn't going to be very successful.

The way to go was to get the guy that Baltimore is starting this week, not the guy who lost his job to that guy. LoL Ireland and even more, LoL @ us because Ireland gets paid.

What i don't understand is maybe we are moving to a power scheme instead a Zone block one because Mckinnie is not a zone blocking type.

Don't worry, people will soon start to propose situational factors to explain his poor play in Baltimore, and the pendulum will swing the other way. :)

Are you kidding, by the end of the day the homers will have this as a "brilliant move" to save the season...

In hindsight, trading a 3rd for Albert was the right move, especially considering the 3rd rounders have been injured since landing in Davie

I thought it was a second but if it was a third then he must've thought that Dallas Thomas was just as good as Albert because he got that guy. Thomas has just been awful...I dont know about his future but it hasnt been pretty so far.

Even if it was a second rounder he brought in an injured Jamar Taylor which is not showing much so far and so that guy was better than Albert too I guess, in his mind. I know the Chiefs wanted our 42nd which went to the Raiders for Jordan but he could've sweetened the deal somehow.

What i don't understand is maybe we are moving to a power scheme instead a Zone block one because Mckinnie is not a zone blocking type.

Truth be told we don't run as many zone blocking plays as people around here suggest

All I can do is laugh, man. Hey, we got nowhere to go but up on this OL, right? Maybe there's a huge dropoff between #65 and #66. :lol:

LOL...We can only hope, the name McKinnie striked such fear in me, but after watching Clabo in action, I have a new definition of fear.

Back
Top Bottom