Drake now... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake now...

Grier was not the GM. Period. You can believe all you want. But Tannenbaum held the title and was handing out dead money contracts left and right.
Chris Grier was GM in 2017 when that contract was signed and did have major input he just wasn't Tannenbaum lackey, Your giving Grier to big a pass, he had more to do with personal decision then Tannebaum not to say Suh wasn't a Tannenbaum get. Grier has more than his fair share of misses, all we can hope is that he has learned from them.

It was Tannebaum who screwed up the cap and borrowed money from players contract that made them very unappealing in a short time period, that was his down fall, Dolphins weren't even close to being a good team and he was selling out to buy players that weren't worth what he was paying them.

Jones contract is on Grier....period

Chris Grier was GM in 2017 when that contract was signed and did have major input he just wasn't Tannenbaum lackey, Your giving Grier to big a pass, he had more to do with personal decision then Tannebaum not to say Suh wasn't a Tannenbaum get. Grier has more than his fair share of misses, all we can hope is that he has learned from them.

It was Tannebaum who screwed up the cap and borrowed money from players contract that made them very unappealing in a short time period, that was his down fall, Dolphins weren't even close to being a good team and he was selling out to buy players that weren't worth what he was paying them.

Jones contract is on Grier....period

Timeline I stand corrected. Period.

With that said Tannenbaum was the VP of Football operations.

For those of you ok with trading him for a 5th, 6th ,or 7th because he's "easily" replaceable. Since 2012 there have been 99 HB's drafted in the 5th, 6th, and 7th, rounds out of those 99 only 9 have more rushing yards than Kenyan Drake and that's not even including Drakes receiving yards.
It amazes me how nonchalant about this people are being. He’s young and fast and productive. A contending team would love to have him as part of their O - KC, NO, NE. His skillset is as easily replaceable as Kenny Still was - we can’t even catch a deep ball anymore no matter how open we are. SMH.

Not surprised about Drake at all I thought he'd be gone long ago. Listening to some Philly radio and there is some talk about Philly going for x, nothing official just fans
I've also heard that talk about X. Could be part of the reason he didn't play last week?

i like drake, think he could be a great change of pace back. he can and has been explosive. for his sake i hope he's able to get out and showcase himself for the second half of the season and try to earn a contract somewhere.

at best we get a day 3 pick out of him in 2020, maybe a low mid round pick from a team if we want to risk 2021, i think it was debated earlier but we should be able to do conditional, if he is on the team june 1st then we get a 4th rounder in 2021, if not then 7th rounder. thats how you can make the conditional pick contigent upon him resigning with the team.

regardless i'd like to see him back on a team with an oline and better direction but at a fair cost. I think i read somewhere that they had been trying to negotiate with him the past few months, i guess they figured they werent going to meet the same price. if we keep him he's liable to pull another miami miracle in a close game like last sunday and that would have all the tankers lose their damn minds and start screaming "why wasnt he ****ing traded, ballage wouldnt gotten that"...so yeah maybe it will be fun to keep him, that would be worth the late round pick

Heard the same "can't start" nonsense about Lamar Miller

You sure don't strengthen your argument with awful statements like this.

The guy is averaging 66 yards per game and 4 TD's per season since leaving MIAMI.

The Dolphins were spot on to let him go.

All young
All gone
But the draft picks....whhaaa

So when did 'young' automatically equal 'great'?

All of those players underachieved.

I like Minkah and Tunsil. But the Dolphins received tremendous value for one of them, and the other didn't buy into his role. And the Dolphins might end up with a higher pick than they spent on him.

I like Drake too and agree that he performed quite well late in 2017 season when he got the opportunity with a capable line. I don't want to see him traded for a low round pick.

And the ****ing clown show goes on..... Drake is young and a piece of the puzzle. Idiots all of them Owner to Coach. This nightmare will never end.....

Drake is a loser as a player. He’s proved that time and time again every time we’re at the goal line

When are people gonna get it, you find great value for RBs in the third fourth and fifth rounds. They are a dime a dozen. No reason to hold on to a player who fumbles in every crucial situation. And you wanna pay him for that?

The guy can play, he's not a #1 feature back imo but he's got a lot of special skills. I'm of the opinion that RB should be upgraded with a high pick. We need our version of Zeke or Gurley. A true feature back would really help things out on the offensive side of the ball. We need a move the pile style power runner that other teams have to respect. While we're upgrading let's find a stud RB. If Drake can be extended for a reasonable contract I'd keep him. He's really quite good if used correctly and we're not going to get much for him via trade. Keep him, he gave you 9 TD's last season.

If he has a solid rest of the season for another team, he should factor for a 6th round compensatory pick. If you traded for him and didn't re-sign him, you would get that pick compensatory pick. Why would we give anyone, especially Buffalo, a free look at him?

He's a valuable player on a better team. He doesn't miss games. Drake has a lot of incentive to bust his butt the rest of the year for any team he's on.

and all that and yet they want to move him. The right deal they talk about is the biggest deal they can get. If that’s the Bills that is who they will trade him too.

I don't think we need to make any more major trades. We may have traded too much already but time will tell. Replacing Tunsil and Minkah may not be so easy. Team speed is very important. By trading Stills we lost one of our fastest players on offense, Drake also has great speed. Wilson and Grant aren't doing much this year so we're not utilizing our speed very well. I guess if your intent is to lose we're doing perfectly.

This tank stinks and it ruined the season for me. I hope we only have to do this once. We wait all off season for football to get here and it comes in the form of a tanking bunch of losers.

Back
Top Bottom