Drake now... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake now...

running backs outside of the marquee names just don't carry value

drake will likely fetch a 5th round pick or later if we're lucky

he hasn't done us or himself any favors this year either

But why trade away an asset for lower value than we would get if we just let him walk? Bad business.

Also....im not sure how active we will be in free agency this year.

Lol what. We're going to sign 10+ players in FA this year. Flores said exactly as much. Do you really truly believe Miami wont sign a player to a bigger deal than what Kenyan Drake will get? Any starting guard alone will eclipse that thus making his comp pick null.

Edit there were 4 threads all about this as well

Lol what. We're going to sign 10+ players in FA this year. Flores said exactly as much. Do you really truly believe Miami wont sign a player to a bigger deal than what Kenyan Drake will get? Any starting guard alone will eclipse that thus making his comp pick null.

Edit there were 4 threads all about this as well

And yet:
But the Dolphins cannot be overly-exuberant when it comes to free agent spending. The idea should not be to build a “Dream Team” as quickly as possible.
Miami must take a layered approach, with small waves of smart free-agent signings over the next three years, not over-extending for any one player, especially not any player aged say, 29 or older.
Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is 79. And patience will be difficult for him. But he’s pledged to it. And Grier and Ross speak every single day.
Miami cannot splurge. They must identify players who fill specific roles. And ideally, they must sign players who are a bit under the radar, not in any way past their peak.

So which version of the truth do you want to believe?

RB's you can find ANYWHERE in the draft. Outside of a few studs (Barkley, Zeke, Kamara), you use what you got and just keep drafting replacements. Welcome, thank you for your service, goodbye. Rinse and repeat.

Though I disagree with those that call him just a #2 RB, as he has proven to be explosive when given some blocking, if the right
Can't catch? Last year he caught 72.6% of his passes, and was 3rd on the team in receiving yards.

Can't break tackles? Last year he had 245 yards after contact considering he had 535 rushing yards thats almost half his yards coming off of contact. He also had 9 broken tackles while Frank Gore had 11.

With far less touches then Gore...That needs to be added also.

He can be bought just not from a divisional team that we will play twice a year.

And Only the Fans are the ones that care about that. Teams don’t they take the best value for a player no matter where it comes from. That is the reality.

you are trading a low production RB on the last year of his deal. A pure Rental.

Don't discount the rare ability he does have......availability.

Dude shows up to work and he's solid all-around. He has value.

If he's the 7th or 8th best player on your offense you should be looking pretty good.

Trade him and 2nd round pick for A.J Green.

Trade him and 2nd round pick for A.J Green.
I'd lose my **** if we could get that but a 2nd rounder for AJ Green at this point is too high, I'd say kenyan and a 4th for AJ Green.

Really though I don't expect Drake to move on, He is a really good 3rd down back in the NFL imo.. I'd expect the player that will be moved is Reshad Jones, I am skeptical if its really an injury keeping him out this long.. I suspect we are shopping him and don't want him out there getting injured

Don't discount the rare ability he does have......availability.

Dude shows up to work and he's solid all-around. He has value.

If he's the 7th or 8th best player on your offense you should be looking pretty good.
Why aren't we looking pretty good?

Back
Top Bottom