Drake now... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake now...

And yey another your guy with albeit limited ceiling wants out or "would welcome a trade"

Clown show.

Other teams overpaying aside, Drake makes far more sense to trade than most of the guys we've sent out. He's in his last year. He walks in March anyway. He's not a feature back but can do damage as a role player guaranteed to help many contending teams. It makes complete sense.

I always thought if you paired Ajayi and Drake full time it would have been a hell of a combo backfield.. Drake can be a very good third down back for some team but he never will be an everydown back.. I have him in fantasy and i'd frankly like to see him go to a different team.

Am I right in thinking Drake was used this way in college with Derrick Henry? Did they have much success? I wasn't watching college football back then.

Again..... why keep him? Even if the compensation is a late day 3 pick you're not keeping him behind this season and you're not trying to win this season.

They tried replacing him with Ballage after he lost his job to a 35 year old last season, but he wasn't good enough. Looks like Walton is.

Am I right in thinking Drake was used this way in college with Derrick Henry? Did they have much success? I wasn't watching college football back then.

Pretty much. He had some injury issues at Bama. Basically, he backed up Lacey & T.J. Yeldon, then got hurt for the year, then backed up Henry. His sophomore season was his best before breaking his leg as a junior.

He's been a backup his entire career aside from when we traded Ajayi.

I wonder what the Dolphings asking price is for Drake? Teams seem to have interest but yet he's still here.

I could see them realistically asking for 3rd. But i don't know how a team gives up that much for Drake. I'm betting the highest offer they've gotten is a 5th.

I always thought if you paired Ajayi and Drake full time it would have been a hell of a combo backfield.. Drake can be a very good third down back for some team but he never will be an everydown back.. I have him in fantasy and i'd frankly like to see him go to a different team.

I never saw him as a great third down back. To me Drake is a physical marvel with a below average skillset in most areas of the game. Its kinda hard to pick out what hes really good at. Do you really want him in pass protection on third down?

A 5th rounder sounds about right, although to Grier's credit hes managed to get more than the perceived value in trades several times now. There are a few teams desperate for a healthy RB.

A 5th round pick would make the most sense, and I believe the Lions just got one in their most recent trade with Seattle.

A 5th round pick would make the most sense, and I believe the Lions just got one in their most recent trade with Seattle.

Somethings else to consider is the whole Comp thing that NE routinely takes advantage of.

I could see the Dolphing weighing what they would get for a trade value-wise now vs. letting Drake walk in the FA period and guessing what comp they could get.

I never saw him as a great third down back. To me Drake is a physical marvel with a below average skillset in most areas of the game. Its kinda hard to pick out what hes really good at. Do you really want him in pass protection on third down?

A 5th rounder sounds about right, although to Grier's credit hes managed to get more than the perceived value in trades several times now. There are a few teams desperate for a healthy RB.

That's a pretty good way to put it. I tend to agree. You see flashes of athleticism and the ability to make some plays but he's just not great at any one thing and frankly lacks a lot of the skills you'd like to see in a RB like vision, tackle-breaking and pass-blocking. You have to be more than someone that occasionally makes a dart in open space.

Somethings else to consider is the whole Comp thing that NE routinely takes advantage of.

I could see the Dolphing weighing what they would get for a trade value-wise now vs. letting Drake walk in the FA period and guessing what comp they could get.

With the money Miami is likely to spend in free agency, they will not qualify for any comp picks.

With the money Miami is likely to spend in free agency, they will not qualify for any comp picks.

Another angle is we can use cap space to acquire players via trade which is probably better than blowing tons of money in FA on guys that usually don't pan out or choose Miami just for money.

we're not getting any comp picks in 2021. We have to get several free agents after this season which would cancel out Drake. It's better to trade him now for whatever they can get.

Back
Top Bottom