Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

I could not agree more. I don’t care who they get at QB. Until they start taking interior offensive linemen seriously we’ll get the same results. I still can’t get over how much I enjoyed watching the Colts OL and that was without their starting center.

Meanwhile Billy Turner is starting for the Broncos and Mike Pouncey is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Think many of you guys are overestimating the “lack of talent”. Again that doesn’t mean Larsen doesn’t suck . . .but it is more than a talent issue. Good teams have offensive lines littered with low round picks and UDFAs and they perform at high levels.

Yea my troll bridge . . .try being here for 12 years and 24,000 posts before calling someone a troll. Either reply with something decent or step off.

And Please stop it dude. As long as Ryan has that rock at LT protecting his blindside he is in a decent position with his offensive line. This ultimatimum crap about “noone else could do it” is the new Tanny defense tactic . . . .get outta here dude. Yes Larsen is crap and Davis had a terrible game . . . .but that doesn’t mean I have to continuing force feeding offensive line picks as an attempt to comfort Ryan Tannehill and it damn sure doesn’t mean I have to be satisifed with a 27 million dollar cap hit in 2019.

This was the home Jets game . . . except we were able to convert TDs instead of FGs from the opponents mistakes/our defensive turnovers . . . and Ryan Tannehill deserves a lot of credit for that.

But make no mistake, that was **** offense outside of the first drive and QB will continue to be the number 1 decision to be made from a player personnel standpoint this offseason.

Fix the line.

Aaron Rodgers is 4-7-1.
Andrew Luck was shut out yesterday.

It's not all about the QB. There are examples every year where even the best QBs are reduced to being irrelevant.

Meanwhile Billy Turner is starting for the Broncos and Mike Pouncey is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Think many of you guys are overestimating the “lack of talent”. Again that doesn’t mean Larsen doesn’t suck . . .but it is more than a talent issue. Good teams have offensive lines littered with low round picks and UDFAs and they perform at high levels.

Coaching

So fix everything around the QB . . .again

Change out the coaches . . .again

And let him keep his 27 million dollar cap hit so we can hopefully see him have success in year 8 with a hibbled knee and a bum shoulder. Gotcha

No man, we need to address the QB position and him being 9-1 in the Gase era at home vs. teams that combine for a .35 winning percentage doesn’t change that.

Well find me another team that cannot fix an OL in 7 years......

Hey at this point lets just see if the QB, you know a decent young QB, can miracously aid in the team being more consistent on the line.

We have done this change out dance already, no way should the QB be the one constant.

Come on dawg you know Turner sucked while with the dolphins, and Pouncey couldn’t be counted on.

Come on dawg you know Turner sucked while with the dolphins, and Pouncey couldn’t be counted on.

But now they change teams and are playing well . . .all I am saying is (and i said this in my original post) . . .stop thinking bringin in high assets on the line is gonna fix it . . .it is more than a talent issue.

Hey at this point lets just see if the QB, you know a decent young QB, can miracously aid in the team being more consistent on the line.

We have done this change out dance already, no way should the QB be the one constant.

Fix what is broken. Clearly the OL is broken. Stop with the QB fixes the line nonsense. When the line performs Tannehill is very very good.

How about fixing the coaching issue. Gase is a horrible play caller.

Team has made it clear that it doesn't want to invest in quality picks on interior linemen. 2018 was one of the best drafts in recent memory for IOL. Two players that O had among the best 20 prospects in this class fell to the 2nd Round (Hernandez and Daniels). Neither was available when Miami drafted in the 2nd, but moving up in that range is not terribly expensive, and while I think Gesicki is a good TE prospect, it doesn't make much sense to spend quality picks on TE's, WR's, and RB's while being cheap about OL. They brought in Sitton, and losing him was tough luck, but he's 32. The team should have been more proactive in securing a quality OL.

I've been critical of the playcalling and QB play, but a good OL makes the job of each much easier. OC > QB > OL > skill positions.

And you avoided my point. Name another team that has struggled on the OL as badly as the Fins.

Do our running backs suck too? How come nobody ever wants to cut and replace our underperforming RBs? You cannot have it both ways.

We have the 23rd ranked rushing offense. Why are there not at least half as many threads complaining about the RBs as complaining about the QB?

But now they change teams and are playing well . . .all I am saying is (and i said this in my original post) . . .stop thinking bringin in high assets on the line is gonna fix it . . .it is more than a talent issue.
I agree coaching is a huge part of it.

Back
Top Bottom