Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

And you avoided my point. Name another team that has struggled on the OL as badly as the Fins.

Do our running backs suck too? How come nobody ever wants to cut and replace our underperforming RBs? You cannot have it both ways.

We have the 23rd ranked rushing offense. Why are there not at least half as many threads complaining about the RBs as complaining about the QB?

Dude Ryan has been here since 2012 and has barely even played 16 game since Gase has been here.

We have changed out every single one of the positions that aurround him on offense . . .except for him.

To continue to change out everything once again and keep the status quo at QB is the definition of insanity.

That’s why I say skip QB next season, fix the lines instead then go for a QB in 2020
Absolutely agree
Hell....Sign any backup FA lineman from a team that has a good OL
Got to be better than ours

Last edited:
This QB has not once made this team a contender. Not once.
You see, the goal is to be in top 4, top 6 and other teams chasing you for a playoff spot and knowing it will be almost impossible.
Top 6, year in and year out, giving you a chance to win it all, every year, top 6.
That means living up to the contract.

The goal is NOT to have a guy who can throw!

The goal is to be top 6 year in and year out with a legit chance to win it all. You know, like we should be 9-3, 10-2. Not just this year, but last year too, and the year before, and the year before! Not once did this QB do anything of the sort.

Dude Ryan has been here since 2012 and has barely even played 16 game since Gase has been here.

We have changed out every single one of the positions that aurround him on offense . . .except for him.

To continue to change out everything once again and keep the status quo at QB is the definition of insanity.

Kdawg, I think at some point we have to make an upgrade from RT, we can all agree on that. But when I look at the performance on the field I see it a bit differently. Tannehill isn't holding us back....he is just not moving us forward as he is not able to overcome some of our more glaring weaknesses. In my view and order.......

O-line
Offense Play Calling
Defensive coaching and schemes
No pass Rush
Terrible Linebackers
QB playmaking
Non-existing TE Play

Do I think Tannehill is the long term answer at QB...no I do not. But am I going to force a pick in a weak draft just because of that....no I am not. I have no problem keeping RT around another year while we fix some of the other items on that list that need to be addressed. For all of the "suck for luck" crowd, in 2020 when the QB class is said to be much better, you trade up to pick the guy you want. Just because we don't have the worst record in the league doesn't mean we can't structure a deal to move up in the draft.....everyone else seems to be able to do that.....why not us?

We could also go after a FA QB for next year to bring in better competition. Not sure that will be a deep pool to choose from....but it is an option.

There are examples of QB's who have succeeded despite poor OL play and playcalling - Wilson and Watson most recently. But, they'd be more successful with better playcalling and better OL play.

Tannehill is not good. It should be obvious to everyone at this point, but he would be better with more help. Miami should have never given him that 2nd contract, though. Even though it wasn't huge contract, it was expensive enough to be a bad contract. QB's on rookie contracts are a huge advantage, and unless you find an elite QB, it's best to take the risk of finding the next guy. Teams are hesitant to do it, because coaches and GM's have to worry about losing their jobs in the meantime. They're worried about themselves - not the team.

Remember when Ted Larsen was signed to compete as a starter at LG? That alone should raise questions. Is our pro personnel scouting department way off or did Larsen get here and regress because he received subpar coaching? Or is there another reason?

Same with Jesse Davis. I understand an ascending player reaching a plateau and then struggling some, but Davis doesn’t even look like the same player. Dude was strong and physical last year, now he can’t seem to hold his own at the POA.

LOOK AT THE TEAM'S RECORD WITH GASE AND TANNEHILL.

Look at Tannehill's numbers with a reasonable OL.

Fix what is broken. To change for the sake of change is stupid. Changing the QB because you can't figure out how to fix the OL is beyond stupid. Any coaching staff that does that should be immediately fired.

Absolutely agree
Hell....Sign any FA lineman from a team that has a good OL
Got to be better than ours

I mean we just did that. Both guys ended on IR while the guy we asked to take a paycut and waived is playing some of the best football of his career on a team that is 9-3 and nearly a lock to make the playoffs.

You aren’t paying any interior OL some sort of major FA deal when you have Tunsil coming up in a year. Current regime needs to play to the strengths of this draft and focus on defense . . . .but always keep their head on a swivel at QB . . . . . ALWAYS.

If you can’t identify garbage like Larsen when you see him upclose all summer and into the season, then there is obviously other big issues.

This QB has not once made this team a contender. Not once.
You see, the goal is to be in top 4, top 6 and other teams chasing you for a playoff spot and knowing it will be almost impossible.
Top 6, year in and year out, giving you a chance to win it all, every year, top 6.
That means living up to the contract.

The goal is NOT to have a guy who can throw!

The goal is to be top 6 year in and year out with a legit chance to win it all. You know, like we should be 9-3, 10-2. Not just this year, but last year too, and the year before, and the year before! Not once did this QB do anything of the sort.
If you’re just looking at the QB to do this, you’re missing the concept of a team sport. It take a TEAM to achieve the things you’re talking about.

There are examples of QB's who have succeeded despite poor OL play and playcalling - Wilson and Watson most recently. But, they'd be more successful with better playcalling and better OL play.

Seattle's OL was alway pretty good at run blocking. Seattle and Houston are #1 and #3 this year in rush yards per game. Both have had much better defenses.

Tannehill is not good. It should be obvious to everyone at this point, but he would be better with more help. Miami should have never given him that 2nd contract, though. Even though it wasn't huge contract, it was expensive enough to be a bad contract. QB's on rookie contracts are a huge advantage, and unless you find an elite QB, it's best to take the risk of finding the next guy. Teams are hesitant to do it, because coaches and GM's have to worry about losing their jobs in the meantime. They're worried about themselves - not the team.

Tannehill is a good QB. Period.

Tannehill is a good QB. Period.

The team knew that when they drafted him. Four years later it was evident that he was no more than that. But to some of you it became evident he was good only three years ago. You lagging by four years!

The team knew that when they drafted him. Four years later it was evident that he was no more than that. But to some of you it became evident he was good only three years ago. You lagging by four years

That's your knock on Tannehill? That he is not elite? LOL.

Back
Top Bottom