Fitzpatrick opens up about Tua/Flores relationship | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick opens up about Tua/Flores relationship

What? i love that dude. He basically said what we all knew... Flores sucked as a head coach
Why the Fitz hate, right? Totally agree with you. He's got more inside info than anyone. Definitely a slam towards Flores and his ancient coaching methods and a compliment to MCD. He also hit the nail on the head with previous comments about Tua. He said Tua needs to make his strong qualities great. Accuracy, anticipation, release. That's what we are seeing.

Actually what Flores practiced on Tua was not tough love, but tough hate.

Tua got hurt a few times, or had a few tough moments, but still wanted to play, instead of Flores doing what most coaches do, and allow him to play, grow, and either sink or swim, rather then have someone else starting...No love for Tua there.

Flores tried to find a way to keep Fitz, and, Brissett as starters, tried to bring in Watson, told Tua he was probably going to lose his starting status, and might be gone before he even proved himself in his 2nd season...No type of love for Tua there.

In Tua's 1st season, the OC was there because he was more familiar with Fitz, and what he can do, who created an offense that worked better for Fitz then Tua, then in year 2 promoted two coaches with little to no experience at being an OC on the most crucial season of Tua's career....No love for there.

Sorry Fitz, I know you went to Harvard and all, but you may need to go back to trying to figure out what love actually means. If Tua had actually gotten tough love, Flores would have allowed him (Tua) to dig himself out of the Broncos and Raiders games, and if he failed, might have been a little tough on him, but not as far to destroy his confidence. If it had been tough love, Flores would have told his 1st OC to create an offense where Tua would best benefit, then hold him to high level, and expect him to grow and succeed quickly. If it was tough love, in his 2nd year, he would found an experienced OC that could help Tua grow quickly, and then put him through an intense bunch of camps, while never, ever talking about getting rid of him for anyone else.

The key in Tough love, is the word Love, meaning going far and beyond to get the best from him, but just going about it far more hard-nosed.

Agree that media is staying clear of the Flores angle. I'm hopeful that with continued Tua and team success, some stories start to service about how Flores interfered with his development.
they don't want to be added to the "i'm angry at the world" lawsuit.

I feel this way also. Flores is the only reason Fitz was mad and I would have been mad also if I was in that situation. Fitz never had an issue with Tua, just the way Flores handled the situation, like most of us here when Tua was inserted way to soon and while Fitz was playing well.
he could feel however he wanted to feel.

he needed to not cry and keep his stupid mouth shut to the world outside the team.

I stopped watching the Dolphins for an entire season when they signed Fitz to be the starter. Sorry, not wasting my time if the best you can do is sign a crappy journeyman QB to lead my team. I don't hate Fitz, he just isn't an NFL caliber starting QB and I resented the team trying to tell me he was.
i felt the same way, but i could never do that.

i just bided my time.

i didn't actually turn on fitzcraptrick the person until he was on his way out and started showing his true colors.

Fitzpatrick is the reason for alot of the Tua hate. He split the locker room and the fanbase with his crying act when he got benched, fully knowing it was going to happen at some point.
so much this. i love you bigfoot.

(for all the people who don't understand why people turned on two-faced Shitz)

I stopped watching the Dolphins for an entire season when they signed Fitz to be the starter. Sorry, not wasting my time if the best you can do is sign a crappy journeyman QB to lead my team. I don't hate Fitz, he just isn't an NFL caliber starting QB and I resented the team trying to tell me he was.

I did this when they signed Cutler and I didn’t check on FH too often either until the season was over

I think Fitzpatrick has been spot on with his comments towards Tua and the Dolphins.

Even his evaluation of Tua as a player, which some fans had trouble with.

The way I see it, Tua is to quarterbacking what Greg Maddox was to pitching. Maddox knew he wasn't throwing a low 90's fastball by hitters. He had to hit the corners, mix up his pitches, prepare, be cerebral. That's Tua as a quarterback.

And anyone who doesn't believe Tua's arm is strong enough just has to see his rifle touchdown throw to Cracraft.

Tua in the huddle before he has to throw

mrw GIF

Back
Top Bottom