Fitzpatrick opens up about Tua/Flores relationship | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick opens up about Tua/Flores relationship

Flores didnt know what he was doing, plain and simple. He was a first time head coach, first time trying to develop a young QB. Did Flores want Herbert over Tua? If Flores felt that strongly then why didnt Grier pull the trigger on Herbert? Grier gave Flores everything Flores wanted in Free agency (signing multiple former patriots was not a coincidence). So I don't buy that Flores wanted Herbert, if he did he was very quiet about it and probably didnt have a strong opinion between Tua and Herbert. I think Flores was so caught up in the now and wanted a veteran like Fitz or Watson to help the team win now and developing a QB like Tua wasn't a priority for Flores. Feels like Flores was trying to prove a point by starting Tua too soon. Pulled Tua out of games instead of seeing what the kid could do in crunch time games and let him take his bumps and bruises instead of just being inpatient and throwing a veteran out there. I think even if we drafted Herbert instead of Tua, the results would have been the same for Flores, he would still prefer the veteran QB and would be trying to win now instead of trying to develop the QB.

Last edited:
Nick Saban once stepped over a player who passed out on the field. Flores is not tough maybe he’s just an Ahole. But if you’re going to an Ahole than you need to win and go to the playoffs.
Ya I don't get this whole Flo is though thing. Guy like Shula had tough love. They were tough but also respectful and players and other coaches liked them. Flo was an arrogant ass. Flo was a guy who thought he was always the smartest guy in the room and acted like it, like a jerk.

Flores is a dickhead and for some reason he's protected by most of the NFL media so analysts aren't talking about how much better Tua looks without him. If it was any other coach they would be getting slammed for holding back a young QB.
The analysts that aren`t talking about Flores are the ones that have a Tua agenda and want to so badly be right .Admitting Flores was holding back a young QB would mess with that .

People don't realize all of the dysfunction started with Fitzpatrick and his selfish attitude.
It was such a 180 degree turn from everything he pretended to be.

I literally could not believe what a little piece of **** he turned out to be.

He had me totally fooled. Why would I doubt that he was actually the great guy and teammate?

He was not. Not at all when it came down to it.

The remaining Fitz supporters on here must be living in the prior-to-revealing-himself bubble of protection in perpetuity.

Josh Rosen might have been salvaged with the McDaniel approach. Lol. I mean, it’s not like Tua had a creampuff coach in college. I don’t think he needed “tough love” and I think it was anything but love from Flores.

Coaches that think they’re military commanders need to go away. These are young men entering a very difficult job and the QB has so much to develop on the fly it’s just unreal to me that one would think the Flores approach is sound.

Too many New England coaches seem to think “well it was good for TB12, so…” he’s the extreme outlier. More QBs get ruined by coaches than get developed with the approach.
Now you have me thinking about who we may bring on-board after Teddy leaves - LOL

Wow, didn’t realize how much hatred there is toward Fitzpatrick.

Sounds painful.

It was such a 180 degree turn from everything he pretended to be.

I literally could not believe what a little piece of **** he turned out to be.

He had me totally fooled. Why would I doubt that he was actually the great guy and teammate?

He was not. Not at all when it came down to it.

The remaining Fitz supporters on here must be living in the prior-to-revealing-himself bubble of protection in perpetuity.
Or we could be the ones that are right - LOL

Back
Top Bottom