For People That Want Us To Draft Baker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For People That Want Us To Draft Baker

If we take him at eleven, that gives the Miami Dolphins Ryan Tannehill, David Fales, Brock Osweiler and Baker Mayfield. I’m making the kid starter and cleaning house and signing a cheap veteran to back him up and mentor him, even if it’s bringing Cuttler back for a year. Give me something for Tannehill and move the **** on already.

I was going to laugh but then I realized that's something Tannenbum might actually do just so he has more cap space to spend.

Well that’s pretty extreme, but yes if he would sit and mentor the kid in Adam Gase’s system on the cheap, why not? I’m saying we get something for Tannehill, if you love him I guess you think we get something worth something, get a potential (it’s never a sure thing of course) franchise quarterback and serviceable cheap veteran backup. New England has drafted at the bottom ever since they got Brady and that hasn’t seemed to hold them back much. You burn an eleven pick on a future starter it isn’t the end of the world.
after 2017, I'm surprised anyone would ask that question. I would keep Osweiler(and at least a dozen others) in a heartbeat over Cutler. Draft Mayfield and trade RT all you want but I would never sign Cutler again

Can you explain it to me?

I know he had the highest completion percentage.

I know he has a massive # of yards and TDs last season. I know he won an obscene amount of award this season.

I also freely admit that if he had done everything he he did last season in the ACC or SEC or Big 10 he would be the 1st QB taken. Unfortunately for him he did it in the big 12 which is lacking in defense.

When you look at the all time great Big12 QBs in the NFL, the only name I can come up with is Troy Aikman and Sam bradford for a currently playing QB (dont bother talking to me about QBs that transferred out)

I read the reddit posts, i read the facebook posts. We have people that want tannehill gone and are willing to part with next years 1st and more to move up and take baker. How is the last big 12 QB we drafted doing for us?

We are not a talented team. We went into the playoffs in 2016 because we had the easiest schedule in the league. We still need a guard, we still need a line backer, we still need another DT, LBer, CB, and S. We cannot throw picks away on maybes. I want safe talent. I dont need superstars. I want hardworkers.

So I guess taking BIG12 defensive talent is completely insane then?

And seeing as Tannehill played less while in College, gave up huge leads to the likes of Texas and Oklahoma, I guess Miami really **** the bed with that pick.

The anti RT17 crowd is generally very low football IQ

Because there is no reason to believe we can improve on such a great QB! One that is a top 5 talent with such a great pocket precense and quick decision making.

If we take him at eleven, that gives the Miami Dolphins Ryan Tannehill, David Fales, Brock Osweiler and Baker Mayfield. I’m making the kid starter and cleaning house and signing a cheap veteran to back him up and mentor him, even if it’s bringing Cuttler back for a year. Give me something for Tannehill and move the **** on already.

Maybe then we can send #17 to Bellecheat for a dinner for 2 at Joe's Crab Shack. Then we can watch him own us until Bellecheat retires...

sorry but projecting how a college QB will be in the NFL based off his school/conference is not fair and not practical...what about Wentz, Rivers, Rothlesberger, Smith, Ryan, Flacco Wilson, Carr, Garaoppolo..heck Brady came from Michigan Brees from Perdue...theres no correlation between the player and the school/conference he played at
drafting players is not an exact science, always a decent amount of risk involved

Nothing can change a franchise more than an elite QB. And while the chances are slim of all 4 of the top QBs turning into elite or even solid starters, the same is true for ANY position in the draft. But we will never find that franchise changing QB if we don't try. Tannehill has been OK but let's not fool ourselves of thinking that he's a game changing type QB.

We have tried to build around Tannehill and while I believe in building around a QB, I also believe drafting QB takes precedent if you believe that QB is better/can be better and can be a game changer as opposed to Tannehill or any starting QB.

If Landry, Ajayi, Pouncey, Suh, Lamar Miller, O. Vernon, Charles Clay are all replaceable then Tannehill is absolutely replaceable as well.

And for the record I'm actually in favor of passing on a QB in round one but I would like to draft one before the 5th round.

This is probably my favorite post of yours ever. We will continue to disagree about Tannehill, but I'm not going to turn "The Fins completely botched the development of Tannehill" into "We need to keep putting all of our eggs into the Tannehill basket because he was done wrong in the past."

The only QBs I want at 11 are Mayfield or Rosen. To simplify it, I think they're worth the risk, even that early. I would NOT, however, trade up for either of them. They're not worth THAT much risk...and there's going to be a stud (or to your a point, a pretty high probability of a stud) there at 11 if all 4 QB go.

That being said, the Fins need to start drafting for the future at QB. Right now. It's fine to move forward with Tannehill at QB, but if last year proved anything, it's that you better damn well have a backup plan in place. Jay Cutler was a half measure, and nothing gets people fired like half measures.

If a team like the patriots can use a 2nd round draft pick on a QB and they have Brady..... We can surely risk a 1st rounder. There is not one other position on the field where one injury can totally derail your season. If Tannehill has to miss a game due to injury.... the entire season is screwed. We Can't knowingly put ourselves in that same situation again. We need someone behind Tannehill that offers some semblance of hope in case Tannehill plays poorly or is injured. If that player is Mayfield, do be it.

I think it’s funny that people literally will slit their throats if Miami drafted Baker at 11 because they don’t think he deserves it. Lol were these same people thrilled to have Tannehill at #8 overall? Baker is 10 times the prospect Tannehill was. A lot of these draft qbs this year are better prospects than Tannehill was coming out. I’m not saying all these qbs will be better than Tannehill but they definitely have higher ceilings. No one complained then about wasting a top 10 pick on Tannehill.

I think it’s funny that people literally will slit their throats if Miami drafted Baker at 11 because they don’t think he deserves it. Lol were these same people thrilled to have Tannehill at #8 overall? Baker is 10 times the prospect Tannehill was. A lot of these draft qbs this year are better prospects than Tannehill was coming out. I’m not saying all these qbs will be better than Tannehill but they definitely have higher ceilings. No one complained then about wasting a top 10 pick on Tannehill.
LOL, people complain about every pick

Or you do what GB did with Rodgers and Favre. I believe Rodgers sat for 2-3 years and then came in and lit the league on fire.

Because there is no reason to believe we can improve on such a great QB! One that is a top 5 talent with such a great pocket precense and quick decision making.
Find one person...ONE, that actually said that! One. I will wait. When will this hyperbole nonsense stop on both sides of this? Actually difficult reading some of these posts lately.

Back
Top Bottom