Ginn Trade: Addition by Subtraction at KR | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn Trade: Addition by Subtraction at KR

I've been on many Ginn threads, never remember you on those junc.

I've wanted this guy gone for a long time. I don't like that he's even a topic thread here.

I know he was hated but after he beat us up here w/ those 2 KRs I complained how he was a terrible KR who just had 2 great returns and I was told how good of a returner he was by many.

I know he was hated but after he beat us up here w/ those 2 KRs I complained how he was a terrible KR who just had 2 great returns and I was told how good of a returner he was by many.

How many dolphins games did you watch with him returning kicks?

I am guessing at least 6.. But I do remeber for a stretch in 08 and 09 he was not the phins KR

Again, people are just absolutely ignoring the fact that our ST's blocking was down right pathetic. Ginn or whoever else tried KR's was staringat multiple defenders in the face before they reached the 15 yard line a lot of times. I really don't care who you put back there they wouldn't have lit it up on returns.
Even if that is true Ginn still ran out of bounds which the other returners did not which is what really sealed his fate. Nice guy, serious football talent just the mental side of the game was a problem for him.

Ginn is a talented returner he is also is usually a scared returner. I guess the Jets didn't scare him enought that day was the probelm!

If Ted Ginn has the 6th best KR average in a league that has 32 teams...I would say that he is above average..

I never liked the fact that sometimes Ted went out of bounds on returns instead of going to the middle of the field.

But really I can not be objective beacause I dont watch other teams like I watch the phins..

Another point is Ted Ginn was leaps and bounds better than Cobbs our supposed next best returner..A blind man could see that..

Yea he had 2 kinda fluke Td returns in the Jets game...But he had some qaulity returns..

If you have a 25 avg that is good.. You think if he even catches the ball in the endzone thats better than taking a knee..

To everyone else's credit who is bashing him..Not that I am a Ginn fan..He had some god awful returns where I wish he would have just gotten would he could have a la Devin Hester..

Ginn was never worth the 9th pick overall either as a returner or Wr, or both collectively...

That stat is TOTALLY flawed... the only reason he is slated as 6th is because of the ONE game against the Jets. Mostly the rest of his returns sucked. He is a horrible kick returner

That stat is TOTALLY flawed... the only reason he is slated as 6th is because of the ONE game against the Jets. Mostly the rest of his returns sucked. He is a horrible kick returner

Well thats what an average is you take all and divide it by the number of attempts..

Like another poster said if you take out everyones best returns its going to skew the average even more...

Than of course its an average without his 2 best returns..

Are we grading on a curve?

He was def our best KR last year...

Honestly he should have been returning them over cobbs all along..

The FO and coaches wanted to give him less to worry about..Lol..

I think Ginn will do well for the Niners this year as PR/KR because he won't have to worry about contributing on offense, just special teams.

I didnt say that. you have to edit the post. delete my name next to ludicrus or linus or whatever she calls herself

Sorry...fixed it.

Thanks for making me go back and laugh about it again though.

Haha, I don't start these posts about Ginn- it's all the Ginn-Stalkers out there who do. It's quite frankly a bit on the creepy side. I hope he takes out a restraining order on you guys. Since obviously nobody in here has taken a Statistics class I will play right along with your "data-mining" games. Ginn was the 3rd best returner last season with over 50 returns and the 2nd best at scoring on returns in the league. Looks like a pretty good return man to me haha.

There were only 7 guys with 50 or more returns...so he still ends up "middle of the pack", even when you try to manipulate the numbers. Good try...but fail!!!

I think Ginn will do well for the Niners this year as PR/KR because he won't have to worry about contributing on offense, just special teams.
I hope so for Ginns sake but disagree for this reason. Tone. Special teamers really help set the tone for the game good and bad. If Ginn continues to run out of bounds on returns that sets the tone in a very negative way. Mike Singletary IMO just will not put up with it he is to much old school to put up with Ginn shying away from taking a hit. Ginn is a great kid he just has to get it right upstairs and get over his fear factor of getting hit.

I cant believe Singletary even traded for Ginn... Its not Singletarys MO for wanting tough, strong guys.. signing Ginn goes against everything singletary stands for (in terms of toughness)

Back
Top Bottom