Ginn Trade: Addition by Subtraction at KR | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ginn Trade: Addition by Subtraction at KR

How come when I said Ginn was a terrible KR except for his game against us I was bashed bit now that he is gone you guys think he was terrible except for that one game?

I highly doubt that one. Ted Ginn has been the whipping boy for a good while, and for good reason, he completely blows at everything he does. There are quite a few Ginn Apologists out there though.

If Ted Ginn has the 6th best KR average in a league that has 32 teams...I would say that he is above average..

I never liked the fact that sometimes Ted went out of bounds on returns instead of going to the middle of the field.

But really I can not be objective beacause I dont watch other teams like I watch the phins..

Another point is Ted Ginn was leaps and bounds better than Cobbs our supposed next best returner..A blind man could see that..

Yea he had 2 kinda fluke Td returns in the Jets game...But he had some qaulity returns..

If you have a 25 avg that is good.. You think if he even catches the ball in the endzone thats better than taking a knee..

To everyone else's credit who is bashing him..Not that I am a Ginn fan..He had some god awful returns where I wish he would have just gotten would he could have a la Devin Hester..

Ginn was never worth the 9th pick overall either as a returner or Wr, or both collectively...

If Ted Ginn has the 6th best KR average in a league that has 32 teams, you would say that he is above average, and so would I..Problem is, he didn't come anywhere near that 6th best KR average you speak of. He was 30th in the NFL, and 18th for players with at least 10 KR's. Ted Ginn was awful, there's no debating it really. He had one lucky game, and was one of the worst starting KR's in the NFL for all but one game. And no, Ted Ginn was not leaps and bounds better than Cobbs, which is really saying something, because Cobbs blows as a KR too.

Again, people are just absolutely ignoring the fact that our ST's blocking was down right pathetic. Ginn or whoever else tried KR's was staringat multiple defenders in the face before they reached the 15 yard line a lot of times. I really don't care who you put back there they wouldn't have lit it up on returns.

Prove it. Until somebody proves to me that our blocking was downright pathetic, it's just yet another excuse for Ted Ginn, which is the norm amongst Ginn apologists.

Haha, I don't start these posts about Ginn- it's all the Ginn-Stalkers out there who do. It's quite frankly a bit on the creepy side. I hope he takes out a restraining order on you guys. Since obviously nobody in here has taken a Statistics class I will play right along with your "data-mining" games. Ginn was the 3rd best returner last season with over 50 returns and the 2nd best at scoring on returns in the league. Looks like a pretty good return man to me haha.

You're right, you don't start these posts. However, when Ginn's getting "bashed" you always seem to be right there to defend him. Hell, the only time I see you on here is only when the topic relates to Ginn. Now, who's obsessed? Pot, meet Kettle.

I know he was hated but after he beat us up here w/ those 2 KRs I complained how he was a terrible KR who just had 2 great returns and I was told how good of a returner he was by many.

That's possible. That was Ginn's 1st game returning kicks and some people fell for it. Which is typical of Ted Ginn, teasing the fans before going back to being the completely awful player that he is.

That stat is TOTALLY flawed... the only reason he is slated as 6th is because of the ONE game against the Jets. Mostly the rest of his returns sucked. He is a horrible kick returner

You're right, that stat is totally flawed because even with the Jets game he was ranked 30th, 18th for all players with at least 10 KR's.

If Ted Ginn has the 6th best KR average in a league that has 32 teams, you would say that he is above average, and so would I..Problem is, he didn't come anywhere near that 6th best KR average you speak of. He was 30th in the NFL, and 18th for players with at least 10 KR's. Ted Ginn was awful, there's no debating it really. He had one lucky game, and was one of the worst starting KR's in the NFL for all but one game. And no, Ted Ginn was not leaps and bounds better than Cobbs, which is really saying something, because Cobbs blows as a KR too.

I don't see the stats that your speaking of..Like I have said before I am not bias toward Ginn..I am glad he is gone...But he was a good kick ret.

He is average is right there with Harvin and Josh Cribbs...

Cribbs average was 27.5

Ginn's 24.9..

Thats 2.5 yrd difference.. Cribbs is said to be an elite KR..

I just dont see how Ginn is that bad...at least on paper..

Games are a different thing..Ginn did run out of bounds alot..

But Cribbs had the same average when he was running into ppl..I wish Ginn did turn KR upfield as apposed to running out of bounds

but really what would we have gained?

I am not sure

I don't see the stats that your speaking of..Like I have said before I am not bias toward Ginn..I am glad he is gone...But he was a good kick ret.

Cribbs average was 27.5

Ginn's 24.9..

But Cribbs had the same average when he was running into ppl..I wish Ginn did turn KR upfield as apposed to running out of bounds

I am not sure

He would've gained respect, for one thing. Instead of his usual weekly announcement to the NFL as to what a p*ssbag he is by always running out of bounds.

He would've gained respect, for one thing. Instead of his usual weekly announcement to the NFL as to what a p*ssbag he is by always running out of bounds.

Tru I would have preferred for him to turn upfeild once in a while after he got a ball..which was rare....

That colts game was pretty pathetic he got balls then fell out of bounds several times..

Cribbs average was 27.5

Ginn's 24.9..

I am not sure

The stats I'm speaking of are right there on NFL.com. Where did Cribbs have the same average? Where is Ginn's average right there with Cribbs? 2.5 yards is a big difference. Not only does Cribbs get a lot of TD's, he consistently gets past the 25, and consistently puts up long returns. Ginn is the complete opposite. He rarely made it past the 25, and rarely put up big returns. Ginn was awful on returns, there's really no way around that. The Jets game was a fluke, that's obvious because Ginn was one of the worst KR's in the NFL otherwise.

Cribbs average was 27.5

Ginn's 24.9..

I am not sure

The onyl reason Ginns average is high is becuase of ONE game. You cannot compare Cribbs and Ginn as Ginn is nowhere in the same league as Cribbs in terms of kick return skills. Cribbs averaged 27 YPR consistenly. Im not sure what Ginn's consistent average was, but I know it wasnt 24.9

The stats I'm speaking of are right there on NFL.com. Where did Cribbs have the same average? Where is Ginn's average right there with Cribbs? 2.5 yards is a big difference. Not only does Cribbs get a lot of TD's, he consistently gets past the 25, and consistently puts up long returns. Ginn is the complete opposite. He rarely made it past the 25, and rarely put up big returns. Ginn was awful on returns, there's really no way around that. The Jets game was a fluke, that's obvious because Ginn was one of the worst KR's in the NFL otherwise.

2.5 yrd per return is not a big deal..considering its a KR..

Thats like saying...if started on the 35 as opposed to the 32 yardline we would have scored a TD..

Cribbs had one more TD than Ginn last year..Now over the last 3 years you are right about that..Cribbs is a more dynamic KR...and has scored more TD's over the last 3 years..Ginn only had 2 that I know of..

If Cribbs average was only 2.6 more than how is Cribbs that much better as of last year?

The onyl reason Ginns average is high is becuase of ONE game. You cannot compare Cribbs and Ginn as Ginn is nowhere in the same league as Cribbs in terms of kick return skills. Cribbs averaged 27 YPR consistenly. Im not sure what Ginn's consistent average was, but I know it wasnt 24.9

If Cribbs got to the 27 yardline who average to get 27 yards ever time he got the ball plus he had a bunch of other KR that his average would have been higher than 27 per ret.

Thats like saying...if started on the 35 as opposed to the 32 yardline we would have scored a TD..

Cribbs had one more TD than Ginn last year..Now over the last 3 years you are right about that..Cribbs is a more dynamic KR...and has scored more TD's over the last 3 years..Ginn only had 2 that I know of..

If Cribbs average was only 2.6 more than how is Cribbs that much better as of last year?

Dude.. Comeon on.. Being (not even a Finfan but) a football fan, you cannot believe that. All i t takes is 1 yard. Ask the 1999 Titans. One yard makes all the difference in the world and 2.5 ypr is a HUGE difference. Would you rather start at the 20, or the 17.5 yard line? Would you rather have 4th and goal from the 1, or 4th and goal from the 3.5 yard line? What if you have 3rd and 2.5 and only get 2... See the point.

Havent you ever heard the term, "football is a game of inches"? Well, they werent lying, it is.
---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

If Cribbs got to the 27 yardline who average to get 27 yards ever time he got the ball plus he had a bunch of other KR that his average would have been higher than 27 per ret.

I dont understand the post

Because Cribbs CONSISTENTLY had great returns. He wasn't good one game and awful every single other game like Ted Ginn. And like I said earlier, that 2.6 yards is a big difference. Are you going to tell me that Brandon Marshall's 5.2 YAC average last year wasn't much better than Camarillo's 2.4 YAC average? After all, it was only 2.8 yards difference... We can debate this every which way, but it call comes back to Ginn being an awful KR. Count the Jets game, Ginn was still middle of the pack. Don't count it, Ginn was one of the worst KR in the league. Neither really matter, because stats are stats. For anyone who watched Dolphins games last year, they can tell you Ginn was an awful KR. He rarely made it past the 25, and consistently had awful returns. He won the Jets game on his own, great for him. But that was one game, an aberration.

Back
Top Bottom