Give Me Gesicki | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Me Gesicki

I'm sure that Miami will try to bring into camp a TE or two that can block after the draft from FA. On the other hand, I would not be upset in Miami took a 2nd TE with good skills tomorrow some time.

Ian Thomas
Chris Herndon
Dalton Schultz
Tyler Conklin
Durham Smythe
Jaylen Samuals

To name a few still there. Interestingly seems according to NFL.com, seesm we got the top TE.
View attachment 12088

Give me Schultz or Smythe as TE2 - both are tough blockers but still offer something in the pass game.

Gesicki was stronger than Donald Penn? Isnt Penn an OL? How is a TE stronger than an OL?

Irish, Gronk was taken in the second round. The only 1st round TE taken was Hurst so I wouldn't worry about that.
Just a side note, Gronkowski was easily a top 15 talent, but he sat out an entire season because of a significant back injury. That was why he fell to the 2nd round. I was jumping up and down screaming his name for the Dolphins to pick him when he was there for our 2nd round pick. Predictably we went with the healthier pick ... Koa Misi. Two picks later, Rob Gronkowski became a Patriot. Yeah ... I was all kinds of bummed.

Digital, if you think of the magnitude of that one decision, it's actually amazing. We get Koa, THEY GET GRONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No problem, we're happy. Koa's the man. GRONK redefines the TE position and becomes a perennial ALL-Pro and I imagine a Hall Of Famer as he fills up his fingers with Super Bowl rings. Koa, comes in and is slightly below average when healthy which is almost never. Talk about a swing in talent.

That is why a day like today is so important and far reaching. For the Dolphins to bring in guys like Gesicki, Fitz, Baker etc. tell me they are trying to build something great, something out of bedrock, something that sustains. MikeT's way is bring in big names for big money and it does not equate to Championships. Ross clearly handed the keys to Gase and gave him the power needed to build his team and I really like the way he going about it. I don't know how long it's been since we got a 1, 2 like Fitz and Gesicki. These 2 have the potential to be great NFL players for years, future stars. There's a new Sheriff in town and his name is Adam Gase.

Last edited:
Digital, if you think of the magnitude of that one decision, it's actually amazing. We get Koa, THEY GET GRONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No problem, we're happy. Koa's the man. GRONK redefines the TE position and becomes a perennial ALL-Pro and I imagine a Hall Of Famer as he fills up his fingers with Super Bowl rings. Koa, comes in and is slightly below average when healthy which is almost never. Talk about a swing in talent.

That is why a day like today is so important and far reaching. For the Dolphins to bring in guys like Gesicki, Fitz, Baker etc. tell me they are trying to build something great, something out of bedrock, something that sustains. MikeT's way is bring in big names for big money and it does not equate to Championships. Ross clearly handed the keys to Gase and gave him the power needed to build his team and I really like the way he going about it. I don't know how long it's been since we got a 1, 2 like Fitz and Gesicki. These 2 have the potential to be great NFL players for years, future stars. There's a new Sheriff in town and his name is Adam Gase.
I totally agree BSQ!

Not only was the Parcells model of removing injured players from his board a mistake, but the sheer irony of our most-injured player in history, Koa Misi, being the pick over Gronkowski BECAUSE OF INJURY. That, unfortunately .... is so Dolphins.

The thing about Gronkowski that really made him my favorite player in the entire draft was that he had it all. He was a very good in-line blocker, good pass protector, great seam threat, great red zone threat, and great outlet guy for 3rd down. You never had to take him out of the offense, so unlike typical move TE's, he could help you press a mismatch when they went nickel/dime and you wanted to run, he could adjust at the line of scrimmage if you needed him for blitz pick up. He could shield/high-point over smaller DB's and run by LB's. He could not only use his speed to get open down the seam, but also present a huge target with a wide wingspan and huge hands to adjust with the ball in the air and come down with contested balls. Literally, he was a superior Mark Bavaro who was better than Bavaro at every single skill and physical trait. How could we take a guy like that off our draft board?!?!?!?!?!?!?

But, we also obtained that 2nd by trading down and taking a DL instead of my second favorite player in that draft who we could have targeted ... Earl Thomas. Yeah ... it was a demoralizing draft, and every year it felt worse as those two guys built careers that are destined for the HoF and all I could think about was what could have been.

The irony is uncanny!!! I never thought of it that way. We just took a Greyhound Bus and backed it over our own *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you said, so Dolphins!!!!! I think the big dark cloud over this franchise could be lifting.I get this feeling that things could be going our way. By the way, are you the one that predicted that Berrios would go to the Pats? Someone on the board called it perfect, I just can't remember who but props are deserved! Do you think Gesicki can be a big time game changer like a Gronk or a Jimmy G?

The irony is uncanny!!! I never thought of it that way. We just took a Greyhound Bus and backed it over our own *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you said, so Dolphins!!!!! I think the big dark cloud over this franchise could be lifting.I get this feeling that things could be going our way. By the way, are you the one that predicted that Berrios would go to the Pats? Someone on the board called it perfect, I just can't remember who but props are deserved! Do you think Gesicki can be a big time game changer like a Gronk or a Jimmy G?
Yes.

I think initially he profiles like a young Jimmy Graham. If we feature him like Sean Payton did in New Orleans, we will have an instant star. He is easily better than Julius Thomas was when Gase featured him in Denver, and we all saw what that looked like. In time, I think Gesicki will bulk up and develop into a more well rounded TE, and that's when he has the potential to become a player like Gronkowski. Having similar size and athletics is great, but Gronkowski had a wider array of skills coming into the league. The advantage Gesicki has is that he doesn't have the injury history that Gronkowski had, so Gesicki has more time to develop those skills ... at least in theory.

I am so excited about Gesicki. One of the experts said that he is better than Graham was when he came out. Of course I hated to lose the players we lost, but I feel they have done a good Job in filling the holes on the offensive side of the ball. I cant wait for the season to start!

Back
Top Bottom