Give Minkah a break | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

As it turns out in reality though, there aren't 31 other companies out there willing to do that. There are only a few, and they are looking for a discount, bargain basement deal, at a perceived fire sale.

MF has no leverage over the Dolphins, but the Dolphins have no leverage with the other teams either.

He doesn’t need all 31 to want him, only one. Minkah may not have much leverage, but he doesn’t need any. He has talent, and that alone will land him a job on a better team with better opportunities. Even if there were no pay increase, it’s still a win for him. The Dolphins may hold all the cards, but Minkah still has the power to decide his ultimate fate, as he can force the trade or force being cut. Again, still a win for him.

Yeah I’m sorry but history with the colts and Peyton Manning and Andrew luck even has told me different. Yeah lucks career might be over but if you asked the colts owner would be do it any different in terms of the luck pick his answer would be a definitive hell no. And he’d be dead right.

I’m gonna do whatever it takes to land that difference maker qb. I don’t care how many asses I have to kiss or how many people I have to piss off.

I want to win period. I’m tired of the bs. Bottom line. I’m not here scraping years off my life and maybe my marriage even for nothing. Win dammit.
Couldn’t agree with you more.
Whatever it takes to land Tua, it’s QB league folks.
It’s not rocket science. Brady, Brees, Ben, Rodgers, Wilson.... every year 10 wins.
This kid is cleanest QB prospect since Luck.
If there is anything for us to learn is this:
The Colts got it halfway right.
They sucked and got the QB. BUT- then failed.
Do: BUILD THE O-LINE!!!
Don’t waste your cap on aging WRs and RBs!
Don’t trade 1st RD picks for garbage RBs.
Don’t have an Oline of Sam Satele and Winston Justice.

I live for this Jerry. If I didn’t have a wife and kids I’d be in tbe league right now In some capacity.

Guaranteed.

Yea and its shows in your posts, I've been on a lot of football forums and I don't think I ever ran into someone with more football knowledge.

I think sometimes people just take the real time short view way too much. Think like a gm and I bet you see it different.

Land the difference maker qb and your fortune can flip in a nanosecond.

Thinking like a GM doesn’t matter here, you need to think like Grier. Can he handle this. I don’t know, I hope so, but I don’t think a QB is enough. Is it the most important, certainly, but there has to be more to it. I think Dan Marino would agree.

Yeah I’m sorry but history with the colts and Peyton Manning and Andrew luck even has told me different. Yeah lucks career might be over but if you asked the colts owner would be do it any different in terms of the luck pick his answer would be a definitive hell no. And he’d be dead right.

I’m gonna do whatever it takes to land that difference maker qb. I don’t care how many asses I have to kiss or how many people I have to piss off.

I want to win period. I’m tired of the bs. Bottom line. I’m not here scraping years off my life and maybe my marriage even for nothing. Win dammit.
I'm not suggesting you don't go get "your guy". If the Dolphins have the #1 pick, they can take who they want. If Tua is going to put Minkas plight above the team that drafts him, I don't want him anyway. I want a guy that isn't afraid to take a team on his shoulders, and drag it kicking and screaming, into success. Peyton took a horrible team on a decade of playoff runs. Luck took a horrible team back to respectability, and neither were particularly outspoken, publicly at least, as to how it was done.

I know Eli was able to manipulate the NFL, but that was only due to his brothers success. I really don't see that happening here.

Couldn’t agree with you more.
Whatever it takes to land Tua, it’s QB league folks.
It’s not rocket science. Brady, Brees, Ben, Rodgers, Wilson.... every year 10 wins.
This kid is cleanest QB prospect since Luck.
If there is anything for us to learn is this:
The Colts got it halfway right.
They sucked and got the QB. BUT- then failed.
Do: BUILD THE O-LINE!!!
Don’t waste your cap on aging WRs and RBs!
Don’t trade 1st RD picks for garbage RBs.
Don’t have an Oline of Sam Satele and Winston Justice.

Yeah man I mean we just can’t screw this up. You want a little more arm ok well guess what we are gonna do core work to try and give it like Drew Brees has done as a pro. I promise you you could never teach that level consistent ball placement in a million years.

Nope. Not happening. Born to toss the pill.

Yeah man I mean we just can’t screw this up. You want a little more arm ok well guess what we are gonna do core work to try and give it. I promise you you could never teach that level consistent ball placement in a million years.

Arm looks in the Deshaun Watson to Sam Bradford range and if he's under 6'1 I need more than that, ceiling should be high for increasing velocity ( core, footwork)

Yeah man I mean we just can’t screw this up. You want a little more arm ok well guess what we are gonna do core work to try and give it. I promise you you could never teach that level consistent ball placement in a million years.

Yep. We are in the perfect spot.
In retrospect, I had wanted them to build the OL in 2019- let’s say we had drafted a McCoy or Bradbury, kept Tunsil and maybe our RT or a FA Guard or Center...
I think that Oline wins us 4-5 games and NO TUA.
They actually got it right.
Just need to close it out.

Arm looks in the Deshaun Watson to Sam Bradford range and if he's under 6'1 I need more than that, ceiling should be high for increasing velocity ( core, footwork)

Bradford had really good placement too. But he was also playing in a college conference that at the time was allergic to defense.

I don’t know if this kid was tossing pineapples growing up or what but that placement is just utterly rediculous. Early 2nd year college starter too I mean what in the hell. And it’s to all fields.

Bradford had really good placement too. But he was also playing in a college conference that at the time was allergic to defense.

I don’t know if this kid was tossing pineapples growing up or what but that placement is just utterly rediculous

Bradford placement is the best I've ever seen but it was the Big 12 lol.

I think those big hands allow him to guide the ball where it needs to go regardless of feet position.

Bradford placement is the best I've ever seen but it was the Big 12 lol.

I think those big hands allow him to guide the ball where it needs to go regardless of feet position.

That conference has produced the #1 pick the last 2 years in a row. 5 years ago if you had told me we were gonna draft a qb from that conference I’d have laughed in your face. Goodfellas style

That conference has produced the #1 pick the last 2 years in a row. 5 years ago if you had told me we were gonna draft a qb from that conference I’d have laughed in your face.

Yea I agree, Murray second half looked good.

Back
Top Bottom