Give Minkah a break | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Minkah a break

Problem is no one believes this can happen. They somehow believe it is impossible for Tua to not declare, or refuse to sign and force a trade if Miami does draft him. They apparently have no idea about draft history. Remember when Cleveland thought they drafted their franchise QB in John Elway?
Colts drafted Elway.

I would hope to get more than a 1.
That's not realistic, IMO. He is already more than a year removed from his rookie deal, and is probably seen as devalued to Miami. If there were multiple teams bidding, it may be possible, but I get the impression the teams looking to make a deal, aren't going to overpay to help Miami unload a perceived malcontent.

My opinion, If someone offers a #1 (any #1), it's a done deal.

No...he wants to be moved away from this dumpster fire so he can feel the same success as Ajayi, Landry, Suh, Wake...soon to be Kiko, Tunsil, and Stills.
If that is true what you say then man is that something I will make sure never to teach my son..

The franchise drafted him, gave him a contract, and he wants to bail on them because they have to rebuild the roster..I don’t have respect for that type of person..if indeed that is his issue.

If his character is what everyone says it is, he will play the hardest game he’s ever played.

Perhaps we need to make this simpler. At any time in your career, was your company actively and deliberately trying to go bankrupt? If so, had you decided to tell your boss that you are concerned about the future with said company, and the only answer the boss can give you is that once the bankruptcy is complete, they will be hiring the most talented manager they have ever seen to turn the company around, is that good enough to keep you 100% loyal to your company? Oh yeah, the new manager as it turns out, has never managed anything outside of college. Still feeling secure? And BTW, you will need to spend your tenure on this sinking ship out of your normal position.

Turns out that there are 31 other companies out there, many of which would love to hire you and are even willing to compensate your old company while doing it. As a bonus, they intend to use your strengths, pay you more, and offer you a chance to accomplish the highest level achievement possible in your career. That is quite a promotion.

Would anyone in their right mind not move to the new company? Would anyone blame them for doing so? I dare say, your intelligence would be questioned for staying at the old company. Saying other employees who lack enough skill to be hired at other companies are staying an being loyal so you should too just isn’t a valid reason for you to stay,because your situations couldn’t be less equivalent.

Not if any of the other 31 companies could pull the same stunt!

Turns out that there are 31 other companies out there, many of which would love to hire you and are even willing to compensate your old company while doing it. As a bonus, they intend to use your strengths, pay you more, and offer you a chance to accomplish the highest level achievement possible in your career. That is quite a promotion.

As it turns out in reality though, there aren't 31 other companies out there willing to do that. There are only a few, and they are looking for a discount, bargain basement deal, at a perceived fire sale.

MF has no leverage over the Dolphins, but the Dolphins have no leverage with the other teams either.

If you aren’t building around that what are you building around?

Get your head out your *** Miami.
That’s the problem, they aren’t building anything at all. They are simply dismantling, and will continue to do so until all that is left are draft picks, which we will then be forced to waste on talent at the same positions that were actually properly filled previously. So instead of taking a team with some young talent and infusing it with more talent through the draft, we will now have to replace nearly all talent and overpay free agents to come here to fill out our roster, effectively resulting in the same situation we tanked to get out of.

also another good point

Now I like Minkah, I do think he has a bright future. But a few things are true.

From all Accounts Minkah did not have a good camp... he certainly did not look good in preseason and he did not look good week 1. We can blame the coaches all we want, but at the same time MInkah just hasn't played well. I think a big part of this is Minkah not dealing with adversity for the first time well. Either he learns here, or he doesn't.

Also have to give @ckparrothead a shout for what he said on twitter. Not everybody is going to be down for positionless football.

That is true. Not everyone buys into that philosophy.

Flores and Grier obviously do though (and I assume Ross), so despite the wishes of many here, they aren't going anywhere for at least two and a half more years.

also another good point

Now I like Minkah, I do think he has a bright future. But a few things are true.

From all Accounts Minkah did not have a good camp... he certainly did not look good in preseason and he did not look good week 1. We can blame the coaches all we want, but at the same time MInkah just hasn't played well. I think a big part of this is Minkah not dealing with adversity for the first time well. Either he learns here, or he doesn't.

Simply put he's pouting because he has sucked this year. Step up man up and do your job.

That’s the problem, they aren’t building anything at all. They are simply dismantling, and will continue to do so until all that is left are draft picks, which we will then be forced to waste on talent at the same positions that were actually properly filled previously. So instead of taking a team with some young talent and infusing it with more talent through the draft, we will now have to replace nearly all talent and overpay free agents to come here to fill out our roster, effectively resulting in the same situation we tanked to get out of.

I think sometimes people just take the real time short view way too much. Think like a gm and I bet you see it different.

Land the difference maker qb and your fortune can flip in a nanosecond.

Back
Top Bottom