Go On The Record. Predict Our Record. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go On The Record. Predict Our Record.

What will our regular season record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7 and 9, too many dumb plays (offsides, holding, etc) , not enough consistency from Tannehill, not enough consistency/ toughness from lbs or defensive line. Miami not good enough to overcome stupid mistakes and will loose games that they might have won.

Predictions this time of year are more of a reflection of the personality making them than most doing actual homework to educate themselves before choosing. It comes down to are you: a 1/2 full type or 1/2 empty type?

Having said that I dont fault anyone who shoots high now...Once the season starts the sobering normally begins pretty quickly

Bingo, might as well enjoy some visions of glory until week 1 when we're bickering amongst ourselves at halftime about how the offense only managed 1 first down, and x player needs to be fired immediately.

:wall:wall:wall
Genuinely? Unless there's some sarcasm I'm missing, I know you're super optimistic about the season ahead, but if someone genuinely believes we'll be lucky to finish above 8-8, I don't think you can call them delusional. History isn't on your side. And there are very strong arguments that the overall roster is not improved.

Disagreeing with the poster is one thing, saying it's delusional is wrong. In fact, I'd say predicting a perfect record for this team, if they win first five, is far far more delusional.

Before the benefit of preseason, I was easily at 9-7 or 10-6.

That was before seeing how badly McMillan is playing, and the LB corps as a whole, and how badly Miami looks at CB. McCain at boundary CB is just pitch and catch for any good WR and QB. I was surprised to see just how slow McMillan and McCain looked -- and I've never been a McCain fan. McMillan lost a big-time step with injury, and quickness was his main strength. Take that away and you'll have poor play in the middle (where 4.7+ TEs run away from you like you're standing still... can't hide that). And Harris and DTs -- more weakness on the DL. And Burke is out of his league at DC, imo.

If Miami can't do something about these weaknesses, it's gonna make for a longer season than I previously thought.

More like 8-8.

LD

Genuinely? Unless there's some sarcasm I'm missing, I know you're super optimistic about the season ahead, but if someone genuinely believes we'll be lucky to finish above 8-8, I don't think you can call them delusional. History isn't on your side. And there are very strong arguments that the overall roster is not improved.

Disagreeing with the poster is one thing, saying it's delusional is wrong. In fact, I'd say predicting a perfect record for this team, if they win first five, is far far more delusional.
Sarcastically (trying to be) pointing out that one fans reality is another fans delusion and visa versa.

10-6

Call me a blind optimist if you like, but I see an improved offense over what Tannehill had in 2016. In that year, once he got into the swing of the offensive scheme, he was very good. I'm expecting that this year … but with Kenny Stills being completely on the same page, Gesicki providing dramatically better TE play and a red zone option, and a better OL overall. We're finally showing the willingness to play the no-huddle offense, so our offense looks much improved, IMHO.

The defense is a mixed bag, but we finally have a FS in Minkah Fitzpatrick, and he looks like he will be a very good one. We have a pair of good edge rushers in Robert Quinn and Cam Wake, and a good CB in Xavien Howard. Some of the pieces are there … let's hope it works out.

Im going 5-11, and it's pretty much based on the defensive front 7 and the inability to stop the run at this point. I don't see our offense being able to compete in shootouts so our defense will need to be strong all year if this roster is going to succeed.

We are bound for 8-8 season. If we get double digit wins I will be shocked but thrilled of course. The O line looks better but that's about it. Maybe our secondary will be better? LB and D- line is still questionable. I feel more comfortable with our offense than defense if everyone can stay healthy.

10 6 posting it all along less RT health year 3 is put up or shut up. Easy schedule, improved roster, year 3 in Gases system and healthy RT should equal 10 wins this year.

Improved scoring output coupled with timely turnovers to compensate our defense's inability to stop opponents moving the ball will hopefully see us finish with a winning record. Will have to see how the division shakes out to see if it's enough for a play-off place.

Back
Top Bottom