Go On The Record. Predict Our Record. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go On The Record. Predict Our Record.

What will our regular season record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I go on the record as saying we'll go 7-9. We've just got too many problems on defense, and I'm not convinced that Matt Burke is going to be a good defensive coordinator that keeps offenses guessing. Tannehill is another question mark for me. Will he pick up where he left off in 2016, playing really well? Or will he show the rust of not having played a football game since the last presidential administration. If Tannehill gets hurt or misses significant time, my prediction goes down to 4-12.

I’m waffling a bit based on how good Darnold looks. I was counting on two easy wins against the Jets.

I’m waffling a bit based on how good Darnold looks. I was counting on two easy wins against the Jets.

We'll see how that accuracy looks after he gets hit a few times in the pocket, and he has pass rushers breathing down his neck. Darnold's issue was that he made bad decisions and throws when everything went to hell. That doesn't get fixed in on preseason game and a handful of practices.

I'm delusional,...I'm going for 10-6...we play smart,finally,this year and catch some breaks...and
win a playoff game this year...yep...The Avenging son predicts a playoff win...

We'll see how that accuracy looks after he gets hit a few times in the pocket, and he has pass rushers breathing down his neck. Darnold's issue was that he made bad decisions and throws when everything went to hell. That doesn't get fixed in on preseason game and a handful of practices.

Man I was down on Darnold on the draft I’m really starting to think I was way off. The way his eyes are always surveying the field even on the run, throwing open WR’s, squaring shoulders on the run, just gave me a chubby. I’ve just got a very bad feeling the Jets got a franchise QB.

30% shooting for 10-6? Wow. How delusional can people be?

This team will be lucky to have an over .500 win%

Omg this is so cool I've never met a psychic. So are your powers tied to only the Dolphins games, or NFL games or Football games or what? Can you look into the past too? What did I have for lunch?

Omg this is so cool I've never met a psychic. So are your powers tied to only the Dolphins games, or NFL games or Football games or what? Can you look into the past too? What did I have for lunch?

It's ridiculous that anyone rules out just about anything. I mean I would almost rule out 0-16 and 16-0 just based on the odds of those happening and probably some extremes at both ends but everything near the middle, including 10-6, really isn't far fetched. Let's not forget this team went 10-6 with the likes of Donald Butler, Spencer Paysinger, Baccari Rambo, Michael Thomas, Anthony Steen and Matt Moore playing significant snaps. I don't think we will have nearly as many eyesores out there in 2018. Doesn't guarantee us anything but 10-6 is certainly possible if we did it with the guys I listed above.

It's ridiculous that anyone rules out just about anything. I mean I would almost rule out 0-16 and 16-0 just based on the odds of those happening and probably some extremes at both ends but everything near the middle, including 10-6, really isn't far fetched. Let's not forget this team went 10-6 with the likes of Donald Butler, Spencer Paysinger, Baccari Rambo, Michael Thomas, Anthony Steen and Matt Moore playing significant snaps. I don't think we will have nearly as many eyesores out there in 2018. Doesn't guarantee us anything but 10-6 is certainly possible if we did it with the guys I listed above.

Let's do it this way. I can see 5-11 if almost everything goes wrong. I can see 10-6 if almost everything goes right. I doubt either of those happen. Which gets me to 'what is reasonable?' I'm 8-8, obviously, with a large swing to the extremes. That said, I see more things going right as more likely than everything going wrong.

Predictions this time of year are more of a reflection of the personality making them than most doing actual homework to educate themselves before choosing. It comes down to are you: a 1/2 full type or 1/2 empty type?

Having said that I dont fault anyone who shoots high now...Once the season starts the sobering normally begins pretty quickly

Back
Top Bottom