Go On The Record. Predict Our Record. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go On The Record. Predict Our Record.

What will our regular season record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, if everything breaks right for us we can win 10-11 games, but isn't that the case almost every year? I'm not feeling it...

4 - 12 and we get our QB of the future, finally for 2019 season.

You guys thinking we need some breaks have it wrong.

This year with the most balanced and talented team that's been here in a long time, we are going to make our own breaks when we need them. Bad breaks won't cripple us, we will take advantage of our good breaks and when push comes to shove this team will make its own breaks. I don't know if you can recognize that making 3 touchdowns a game on sustained drives is a break, but it is. It will be a break we make for ourselves. You may not recognize that establishing a cushion and then continuing to score is a break that a team makes for itself, but it is.

I like to think most posters recognize that the preseason games are a way to determine who we keep on the 53 man roster and not a measurable part of our seasons record that counts for making the playoffs, which is in itself a break we make for ourselves.

Hail Mary's are a nice touch, but a lousy main course and from what I am reading, that is really what a lot of posters seem to want.

This year with the most balanced and talented team that's been here in a long time, we are going to make our own breaks when we need them. Bad breaks won't cripple us, we will take advantage of our good breaks and when push comes to shove this team will make its own breaks. I don't know if you can recognize that making 3 touchdowns a game on sustained drives is a break, but it is. It will be a break we make for ourselves. You may not recognize that establishing a cushion and then continuing to score is a break that a team makes for itself, but it is.

I like to think most posters recognize that the preseason games are a way to determine who we keep on the 53 man roster and not a measurable part of our seasons record that counts for making the playoffs, which is in itself a break we make for ourselves.

XACTLY. It's about evaluating players. Not winning. Not playing the 'right' D.

5 wins. And they are all gonna be early, drawing us in. Thinking this could be the year ...only to have a gut-wrenching second half of the season.

7-9 until proven otherwise.

Too many questions. Too many unknowns. Too many holes. Beyond that

I just don't see Thill being able to consistently produce a high scoring O

and that's precisely what you need to win...

Score points. Lots of them. And get a jump early.

That said -- 9-7 is our top and I'd say 6-10 is the bottom.

Anything above 500 has to be considered a "positive."

The Dolphins record will result in this draft pick.

Interesting. Here is Daniel Jeremiah’s take on Herbert:

“He reminds me of: In Herbert, I see a taller version of Ryan Tannehill when he was coming out of Texas A&M. Both guys are exceptional athletes with the arm talent to make every throw. However, Tannehill wasn't a finished product coming out of college, and I think we'll be saying the same about Herbert whenever he moves on to the next level.”

6-10. Our staff is in over its head. Gase is still trying to "clean up" the same mistakes as year 1. We hired the OC from the 29th ranked offense to help improve our offense and Burke is a clown. If he thinks he can roll out the same scheme without a top 3 DT in the league and get better results? He's an idiot.

I believe first time HCs need to surround themselves with experienced coords. Gase's ego won't allow that and it will be his downfall. Peyton manning ain't walking through that door.

This roster has talent and coach Harbaugh will know what to do with it next year.

Hail Mary's are a nice touch, but a lousy main course and from what I am reading, that is really what a lot of posters seem to want.

I call it balanced mediocrity. I agree they’ll have a balanced attack. I just don’t think they’re going to scare anyone with their talent. Good foundation to build upon in 2019. If they draft right, they could be dangerous then.

I've been optimistic but it's starting to waver and not because of the stupid meaningless pre-season game. I'm disappointed that it seems these guys knew number 2 CB was going to be an issue and in Jeff Ireland fashion let it play out instead of addressing it (LT in 2013). I'm also disappointed in Cordrea Tankersley as I thought he would step up and snatch that job and wasn't overly worried about it. Just surprised he showed enough last year to at least get "learn on the job" treatment and this year he can't hold off a guy coming back from a torn achilles and a journeyman JAG. I hate Minkah in the slot because I feel your taking a potentially elite FS and changing him to an adequate/good slot CB which hurts the defense. Couple that CB2 issue with the LB attrition you know we will suffer and my optimism goes down. However, we made the playoffs with Donald Butler and Spencer Paysinger seeing significant snaps so maybe we can overcome it?

Back
Top Bottom