Handling of Noah Igbinoghene an example of Dolphins’ long-term process | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Handling of Noah Igbinoghene an example of Dolphins’ long-term process

He struggled, but so did X his rookie season. We’ll see. Just happy Robert Hunt and Raekwon Davis looks they will be key figures for years too come.

My only issue with them drafting Iggy was the fact he was a first round draft pick who wasn’t nearly ready to play at the NFL level. I just believe that a player drafted in the first round should be a player who can come in and be a major contributor immediately.

Hopefully he will develop into a quality CB for the Dolphins but until he does, I still consider him a huge risk as a first round draft pick. Just like every other player on the Dolphins, I am pulling for him to have success. I just want to see it on the field and not just read about it in an article.
What about all the other first round corners drafted that same year? Did any of them look good? I don’t know about most of them, but kept tabs on Okudah and he looked lost. And he was touted as a can’t-miss prospect. Don’t be so hard on Iggy. I am confident this coaching staff will help realize his potential.

I'm sorry but to me this isn't a valid line of reasoning.

By this standard everything every NFL team does is right and fans should never question it.

I can point to a whole list of things posters here have gotten right while NFL execs got them wrong.

People are entitled to their own evaluations and not being employed by the NFL doesn't mean a person is wrong.
It remains to be seen if this pick was selected too early. If you are going by sports analysts then yes to pick a raw/project player that early is not conventional. However, we don't understand what Brian Flores understands. He probably saw things that stick out for him and perhaps even took a gamble with picking Iggy that early. My guess here is that Iggy may be a player that has very high potential which will set him apart from others and if he reaches that being picked that high would make sense. I do believe that we may see some glimmer this season but season 3 would probably be most appropriate for a player like him who needs to be built up since he is very raw.

Will iggy be another first round bust or will he become a huge part of our success. Time will tell.
He's got plenty of time to prove himself. He's playing behind two of the best boundary Corners in the league right now.

Like I said previously….I hated the pick. Actually, I didn’t like Jackson at 18 either. So…. As usual….I am scratching my head in wonder at another Chris Grier move. RMLogic has it right…We could have and SHOULD have drafted a RB….Especially with a rookie QB coming in. Instead we took a first round pick and turned it into a gamble on a raw rookie with only 2 years of CB experience. Not to say I told you so….But his rookie year was hideous. Actually, it was pretty much a disaster considering where he was drafted. No disrespect to Circumstances….But he didn’t look even remotely good in any game he played.

HOWEVER….. I’ve been wrong before….I’ll definitely be wrong again. Since he’s a Dolphin….I’m rooting for Noah. I truly hope Jackson, Iggy and Grier prove me wrong….And if that happens, you won’t have to look hard for me to feed me some humble pie. I’ll be here saying I was wrong.

HOWEVER….. I’ve been wrong before….I’ll definitely be wrong again. Since he’s a Dolphin….I’m rooting for Noah. I truly hope Jackson, Iggy and Grier prove me wrong….And if that happens, you won’t have to look hard for me to feed me some humble pie. I’ll be here saying I was wrong.

If you are incorrect, you should be forced to use more of my artwork :shrug:

zimmers.jpg

@13marino13 I'm getting better, people will be giving me handjobs soon

Like I said previously….I hated the pick. Actually, I didn’t like Jackson at 18 either. So…. As usual….I am scratching my head in wonder at another Chris Grier move. RMLogic has it right…We could have and SHOULD have drafted a RB….Especially with a rookie QB coming in. Instead we took a first round pick and turned it into a gamble on a raw rookie with only 2 years of CB experience. Not to say I told you so….But his rookie year was hideous. Actually, it was pretty much a disaster considering where he was drafted. No disrespect to Circumstances….But he didn’t look even remotely good in any game he played.

Austin Jackson and iggy picks we’re definitely reaches/ project picks which a lot of us disagreed with. I wasn’t impressed w either of them. But Jackson & iggy are both 21 yrs old I believe, hopefully they improve this season. Year 2 they both need to show real progress.

You're mad that Miami took a Iggy in the first round but wish they took a running back in the first round instead? That's an awful use of draft resources. The one thing this team has right is the value they place on the running back position. It's the last position they should ever use a first round draft pick on. A third corner back has more value than a running back when it comes to team building,

I deleted last season's games, but if I recall correctly (as an example) he played about half the defensive snaps in the win against Cinci.

I'm not saying he set the world on fire, but he did not look like the same payer as the disaster that was inserted before he was ready early on.
Played 22 snaps against Cinci (42%). He was only targeted once and it was an incompletion.

Edit: Didn't realize someone had already posted the same thing.

.he way luxury pick. He is more off 3rd rd pick too me.. he need lot work but we will see how it turn out. The good thing.he doesnt have start now.

Last edited:
It was a terrible pick when they could have drafted an all pro RB in Taylor. Or Swift , JK, Akers or Edwards Helaire. All are legit starters at a position where the Fins ranked 29th.

Cant make that definitive conclusion until we see the career paths. Way to early! Especially for a poster with “Logic”

I notice that all the "Lemmings" ignore the fact that we had no meaningful preseason last year, but claim stuff like "trusting there own judgement".

I know quantitatively that "trusting their own judgement" while ignoring the reality of no preseason is an oxymoron.

I guess it's fair then to say those posters are moronic ox's - LOL

Back
Top Bottom