Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

This year is starting to look like a repeat with this organization that started with JJ....trade back for extra picks, miss out on a special player!

1998...JJ trades out of his first round pick at 19 for the 29th pick. 2 hall of famers are drafted between 19-29 that the draft genius Jimmy didn’t perceive....Randy Moss (an all time great wideout) and Alan Faneca.

He also receives pick 60 in the trade, but he trades down again for 3 later picks.

The net result...we lose hall of famer Randy Moss...we picked up John Avery, Brad Jackson, Scott Shaw and John Dutton. In other words, for 1st and 2nd round pick...we got 4 nothing’s.....zip!

We repeated the mistake in 2010....Trading out of Earl Thomas for Jared Odrick and Koa
Misi.

Trading down is not a good thing if your missing out on hall of fame talent.

Chris Greer was in a hurry to trade out of pick #3....and the net of trading down to #6 is we may lose out on 1 or 2 special players...Kyle Pitts looks like a truly rare and special talent that was ours at 3....at 6? It’s looking worse everyday!

And for what? A 2023 first round pick two years from now?

If we miss out on Kyle Pitts and he becomes a gold jacket wearing all time great(as I think he will)...this was yet another massive trade down disaster by this organization...I’m praying he gets to 6.
If we draft the wrong guy, that is one thing. But there should still be a special player avail at 6. As one famous person would say..."C'mon man."

Just to clarify, I really like Pitts, and I won’t be upset if Miami drafts him, or Chase, or Waddle, or Smith. I trust the Flocess.

But the disrespect that Smith gets on these boards is borderline ridiculous.
I like Pitts too and would love if we got him but to get so attached to a draft prospect is not healthy. If Pitts is at 6 and we draft someone else this board will explode.

I like Pitts too and would love if we got him but to get so attached to a draft prospect is not healthy. If Pitts is at 6 and we draft someone else this board will explode.
but this board will explode regardless of who we pick....lol
I agree that people get too attach to one player. Early on I was all in on drafting Smith and would still be happy if we do, but I'm fine with Pitts or Smith or Chase. All 3 of them are top playmakers and better than anything we have now. I believe we will get one of those 3.

What I'm more concern about is what we do with the rest of the draft. Pitts at 6 then I'm hoping we add a WR at either 18 or 36. I'm also hoping for a RB in the 2nd round. We need offense and I hope we get it but it goes further than just the 6th pick.

but this board will explode regardless of who we pick....lol
I agree that people get too attach to one player. Early on I was all in on drafting Smith and would still be happy if we do, but I'm fine with Pitts or Smith or Chase. All 3 of them are top playmakers and better than anything we have now. I believe we will get one of those 3.

What I'm more concern about is what we do with the rest of the draft. Pitts at 6 then I'm hoping we add a WR at either 18 or 36. I'm also hoping for a RB in the 2nd round. We need offense and I hope we get it but it goes further than just the 6th pick.
Agreed, Danny Boy! :cool: :UP:

Rent this space isn’t doing honest analysis. He’s not asking to learn, he’s asking questions so he can poke holes in it - essentially a really lazy way to argue.

It’s as simple as this, imo. Pitts went up against several CBs that are first rounders. He went up against the same CB groups that Smith and Chase went against.

the only guy in this draft who gets more separation than Pitts is a 4.33 5’9 180 LBs super agile speedster.

Pitts is SIXTY FIVE LBS HEAVIER
Pitts is 8+ INCHES TALLER
Pitts has a wingspan A FOOT BIGGER

Oh and he’s 20. And an aggressive willing blocker.

don’t get too obsessed with single prospects - too many variables. But anyone saying LOL HES A TE NO TE IN TOP TEN are demonstrating they simply do NOT do a damn bit of review or analysis themselves.

Rent this space isn’t doing honest analysis. He’s not asking to learn, he’s asking questions so he can poke holes in it - essentially a really lazy way to argue.

It’s as simple as this, imo. Pitts went up against several CBs that are first rounders. He went up against the same CB groups that Smith and Chase went against.

the only guy in this draft who gets more separation than Pitts is a 4.33 5’9 180 LBs super agile speedster.

don’t get too obsessed with single prospects - too many variables. But anyone saying LOL HES A TE NO TE IN TOP TEN are demonstrating they simply do NOT do a damn bit of review or analysis themselves.
Agreed, here, too! :UP: 🤗 :HRT::TUA::cool:

You mean that he overmatched weekly. He was always the best player on the field, going up against blue-chip CB's - literally the best competition a college WR can face. Big, strong physical phenoms, who are significantly faster and more athletic than most of the CB's he'll face in the NFL. How many 6'0 205 LB CB's with 33" arms, a 4.39 40, and elite burst will Smith play in the NFL? How many will be half as physical as Horn? None - they're not allowed to.

Specifically, what type of trouble do we expect Smith to experience? I really don't see it.
This is a great point too and why I won’t throw my remote into the TV if Pitts and Chase go 4-5

Agreed, here, too! :UP: 🤗 :HRT::TUA::cool:
Yeah don’t put me on your level please lol (jk). We agree on Pitts being the #1 pass catcher in the draft tho!

I think people’s obsession with colleges and not the prospect are a big reason why these discussions get so stupid. But hey as long as we have some sort of passion, it’s all good

Yeah don’t put me on your level please lol (jk). We agree on Pitts being the #1 pass catcher in the draft tho!

I think people’s obsession with colleges and not the prospect are a big reason why these discussions get so stupid. But hey as long as we have some sort of passion, it’s all good
Well..yeah..I get you.

And there's no more passionate fans..in general and reality..than those in the SEC.

Facts!

I'll admit it..🥺😳😳😳😱

You know, you can talk to me directly. I'm right here.

gotta try hard to stay objective!
Is it possible to be objective and also tout a few players on your (college) team?

I mean I only really go all in this draft season on Kyle Pitts and Kadarius Toney in terms of UF, and they're both considered 1st (or maybe 2nd, too, for K. Toney) round talents..ain't like I am sayin Kyle Trask is a top ten pick in the whole draft or anything..although he is better than some people wanna give him credit for, with a lot of untapped "potential." :shrug:

I understand OP’s frustration and upset.

I agree - The Dolphins front office outsmarted themselves here - they got too cute by 1/2.

that’s because many Dolphin fans and the front office are confused - trying to argue that smith chase waddle are in Piti’s galaxy.

BIG BIG mistake. Pitts is a very special player.

I don’t follow college football. Don’t care...

but not watching college football has one small advantage -!because people get confused about guys who look magical against talent that is not in the NFL players galaxy...

Guys like Smith are unlikely to be superstar - chase unlikely to be a superstar - a solid player but not a star... waddle maybe if he’s at the right place at the right time he will be great...

but Pitts has gifts that create so much...

I agree bad move to risk losing him!
I would rather have one of the top 3 WR’s than Pitts but I have no issue with those posters who prefer Pitts. I have just seen so called top TE’s drafted in the first round and most of the times it is the TE’s drafted after the first round who end up having the better careers.

I would rather have one of the top 3 WR’s than Pitts but I have no issue with those posters who prefer Pitts. I have just seen so called top TE’s drafted in the first round and most of the times it is the TE’s drafted after the first round who end up having the better careers.
I see..but he's not your typical TE so that's where I disagree here.

Back
Top Bottom