Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

Pitts is a TE/WR...if you watched him play you know this....Shannon Sharpe on his podcast called him another “Megatron”....if you look at the percentages of where he lines up...he is a huge mismatch receiver that is used all over the field. Why do you think the evaluators now consider him the top non-QB prospect in this draft? He’s almost universally rated 2nd on nearly every draft board.

I wonder sometimes if some of you even pay attention to what the world is saying about these prospects?

Daniel Kelly SI/FANNATION

Mel Kiper (who now has Pitts #2 overall on his big board)

Daniel Jerimiah NFLN

Nick Saban

Urban Meyer

Every year there is a player that comes out that is supposed to be a sure fire HOF player. And most of the time, these prognostications are wrong for one reason or another.

Last month, these boards were full of Sewell is a generational player and we need to take him. This month, is all Pitts.

I’m not saying he’s bad or that he can’t line up on the outside. What I’m saying is if he was really Megaton 2, which is what you claimed in your post, why isn’t he coming out as a WR? More offense runs through the WRs vs. TEs and WRs get paid more.

It sure looks like Pitts is good, and will be a good TE in the NFL. Maybe he’s going to be so good that whoever drafts him will rebuild their offensive strategy in some way that will allow him to be their teams prime offensive weapon.

But at the end of the day, WRs get paid more and he’s not saying he’s a WR, he’s saying he can line up and run their routes. Why?

Every year there is a player that comes out that is supposed to be a sure fire HOF player. And most of the time, these prognostications are wrong for one reason or another.

Last month, these boards were full of Sewell is a generational player and we need to take him. This month, is all Pitts.

I’m not saying he’s bad or that he can’t line up on the outside. What I’m saying is if he was really Megaton 2, which is what you claimed in your post, why isn’t he coming out as a WR? More offense runs through the WRs vs. TEs and WRs get paid more.

It sure looks like Pitts is good, and will be a good TE in the NFL. Maybe he’s going to be so good that whoever drafts him will rebuild their offensive strategy in some way that will allow him to be their teams prime offensive weapon.

But at the end of the day, WRs get paid more and he’s not saying he’s a WR, he’s saying he can line up and run their routes. Why?
Because he can do both..why not be the first of your kind..than just say "I'm a WR" or "I'm just a TE."

He can do both..so why not do both and line up in both spots?

And he's also a better blocker than people will give him credit for, when called upon.

We may have missed the opportunity to get a legendary NFL player that will one day wear his yellow jacket, have his plaque in Canton and a statue built outside of ProPlayer stadium or maybe he's a JAG. We don't know what Pitts will do in the NFL, we don't even know if he will fit our system or can work well with our QBs. We have to hope that we get the right player and whoever is drafted we should be rooting for them to help our team get to the playoffs and beyond. Getting depressed over not getting your favorite prospect is not going to help anything. Every year a draft happens and some teams luck out and some teams miss out (Tennessee last year). I have faith that Grier and company have done their due diligence and know which player(s) will be best for us at 6.

Additionally I want to add, if Pitts was this next legendary player I'd have to wonder that the Jets would consider sticking with Darnold and drafting Pitts instead. I mean players like this don't come but once in a decade, right? Why would they not consider that? Anyway next season determines who these prospects really are.

Rent this space isn’t doing honest analysis. He’s not asking to learn, he’s asking questions so he can poke holes in it - essentially a really lazy way to argue.

It’s as simple as this, imo. Pitts went up against several CBs that are first rounders. He went up against the same CB groups that Smith and Chase went against.

the only guy in this draft who gets more separation than Pitts is a 4.33 5’9 180 LBs super agile speedster.

Pitts is SIXTY FIVE LBS HEAVIER
Pitts is 8+ INCHES TALLER
Pitts has a wingspan A FOOT BIGGER

Oh and he’s 20. And an aggressive willing blocker.

don’t get too obsessed with single prospects - too many variables. But anyone saying LOL HES A TE NO TE IN TOP TEN are demonstrating they simply do NOT do a damn bit of review or analysis themselves.

To clarify, I'm not saying DON'T draft Pitts. What I'm saying is LOL DRAFT PITTS AT 6 OR MIAMI IS STUPID AND GRIER IS STUPID FOR TRADING FROM 3 to 6 is every bit as short sighted as your capitalized sentence. Plenty of those guys drafted in the top 10 were very well-scouted prospects...with the notable exception of Kyle Brady. Nobody knows what the hell the Jets were doing that day.

Rent this space isn’t doing honest analysis. He’s not asking to learn, he’s asking questions so he can poke holes in it - essentially a really lazy way to argue.

It’s as simple as this, imo. Pitts went up against several CBs that are first rounders. He went up against the same CB groups that Smith and Chase went against.

the only guy in this draft who gets more separation than Pitts is a 4.33 5’9 180 LBs super agile speedster.

Pitts is SIXTY FIVE LBS HEAVIER
Pitts is 8+ INCHES TALLER
Pitts has a wingspan A FOOT BIGGER

Oh and he’s 20. And an aggressive willing blocker.

don’t get too obsessed with single prospects - too many variables. But anyone saying LOL HES A TE NO TE IN TOP TEN are demonstrating they simply do NOT do a damn bit of review or analysis themselves.
He went up against them and put up half the numbers.

People love to tout Pitts's strengths, but dishonestly hide his weaknesses.

Ohhhhh...a numbers guy.

So you think Smith, your guy, I presume..will put up numbers like 1,800+ yards and 110+ receptions and 23+ touchdowns in a season in the NFL?

Fun.

Because he can do both..why not be the first of your kind..than just say "I'm a WR" or "I'm just a TE."

He can do both..so why not do both and line up in both spots?

And he's also a better blocker than people will give him credit for, when called upon.

You didn’t read my post that you are responding to.

If you say you are a WR, you get paid more. If you say you are a TE that can play / run WR routes, you get paid less, *no matter how much better than all the other TEs you might be*. So why is this guy who is so good he can be either claiming to be the thing that cost him money??????

(hint: as good a TE s as he might be, he’s not a WR and that *likely* makes him less of an impact player than a top tier WR)

You didn’t read my post that you are responding to.

If you say you are a WR, you get paid more. If you say you are a TE that can play / run WR routes, you get paid less, *no matter how much better than all the other TEs you might be*. So why is this guy who is so good he can be either claiming to be the thing that cost him money??????

(hint: as good a TE s as he might be, he’s not a WR and that *likely* makes him less of an impact player than a top tier WR)
Tell me the past few Super Bowl winners how good the TE's they had on the team where?

Hmm?

Scrubs mostly, maybe? No? Perhaps not.

To be fair, both Chase, Smith and Waddle all had far superior QBs throwing to them. But...yes, Smith put up numbers in 2020 that surpassed what Pitts put up at Florida in 3 years.

Ohhhhh...a numbers guy.

So you think Smith, your guy, I presume..will put up numbers like 1,800+ yards and 110+ receptions and 23+ touchdowns in a season in the NFL?

Fun.
If you want to ignore production, then that's on you. I guess you think guys routinely put up better numbers in the NFL than they do in college.

Tell me the past few Super Bowl winners how good the TE's they had on the team where?

Hmm?

OJ Howard had 146 yards and 2 TDs for Tampa Bay last year and he was the next freak athlete revolutionary TE to be drafted.

Hmm?

This is an interesting point...but to be fair...how good were their WR?

Where would Miami gain the most in skill level over what they currently have...by drafting a WR or a TE? This is a legit question...there's a guy in my group of writers/content producers who's all hyped up about the potential of drafting Pitts and running a Red Zone RPO with Gesicki in the slot.

Hmm?

I’m not sure if you can’t read with comprehension or simply choose not to so you can “win” the argument by not to the post you are responding to.

I *repeat * that I’m not saying he’s not good or that he won’t be the best TE in the history of football.

Pitts himself, with the advice of an agent who’s sole job is to figure out how to maximize his clients value, says he’s a TE. Who am I to argue? But that’s an admission that while he can run the WR routes, he’s not a WR and he doesn’t have the expectation of getting paid like one.

Back
Top Bottom