Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

Personally, I am not even considering the position before 50 and even thats a stretch as I don't think any of the big 3 will be there to make it a tough decision.

RB is the ultimate "philosophy" type position. Most positions don't require you to decide how important a position is to your scheme.

If and when you invest in a RB it should be when your 4-5 year super bowl window is optimal. I think that might be a year from now, for us.

This is fair. And if Miami ONLY had pick 18 and pick 50? I wouldn't be nearly as adamant about wanting Harris there. But this is a unique draft for Miami - those four picks in the top 50 give them the ability to draft BPA at a position of need (I know this is mixing two different draft strategies, but it's what I believe they'll do.) This draft accelerates their ability to get into that SB window sooner.

This year is starting to look like a repeat with this organization that started with JJ....trade back for extra picks, miss out on a special player!

1998...JJ trades out of his first round pick at 19 for the 29th pick. 2 hall of famers are drafted between 19-29 that the draft genius Jimmy didn’t perceive....Randy Moss (an all time great wideout) and Alan Faneca.

He also receives pick 60 in the trade, but he trades down again for 3 later picks.

The net result...we lose hall of famer Randy Moss...we picked up John Avery, Brad Jackson, Scott Shaw and John Dutton. In other words, for 1st and 2nd round pick...we got 4 nothing’s.....zip!

We repeated the mistake in 2010....Trading out of Earl Thomas for Jared Odrick and Koa
Misi.

Trading down is not a good thing if your missing out on hall of fame talent.

Chris Greer was in a hurry to trade out of pick #3....and the net of trading down to #6 is we may lose out on 1 or 2 special players...Kyle Pitts looks like a truly rare and special talent that was ours at 3....at 6? It’s looking worse everyday!

And for what? A 2023 first round pick two years from now?

If we miss out on Kyle Pitts and he becomes a gold jacket wearing all time great(as I think he will)...this was yet another massive trade down disaster by this organization...I’m praying he gets to 6.
I hate trading down for mid-ceiling guys like Odrick and Mississippi. That’s what you get when you do it. That said, we are still positioned nicely to get a top talent. If we trade back again, I will put my foot through the computer screen.

We got a first for the future to pull the trigger on a future talent. Draft capital is underrated.

I see..but he's not your typical TE so that's where I disagree here.
I have stated numerous times I won’t be upset if Pitts is the pick at 6 but I prefer Chase, Waddle, or Smith with that pick. I figure the Dolphins will be severely upgrading their offense no matter which one of these four players they draft.

Lol

Personally, I want us to draft Williams.

I don't like Harris at 18. If we trade down to like 24, sure.

I feel a parsons or Moehrig at 18 helps us more than Harris would over drafting Williams in the 2nd.

This is a legitimate point. What concerns me is the potential of missing out on both Harris and Williams. I like Rhamondre Stevenson later in the draft as a big bruiser, but he's a poor man's version of those two, imo.

What makes me think there's a legitimate chance Miami goes Smith/Harris at 6/18 is that they've given every indication they're all-in on Tua. They would have been silly to not at least think about Watson before all hell broke loose on that front, but that door seems pretty firmly closed now. They hired a guy who coached him at his Elite-11 QB camp to be his new QB coach; they got rid of the OC who seemed to be holding him back in 2020. They invested in Will Fuller. They got a solid short-yardage back in Malcolm Brown. There probably aren't two picks who would make Tua more comfortable in 2021 than Smitty and Harris.

And I freaking HATE Alabama. But it is what it is.

Thanks for the coherent discourse. :)

I would rather have one of the top 3 WR’s than Pitts but I have no issue with those posters who prefer Pitts. I have just seen so called top TE’s drafted in the first round and most of the times it is the TE’s drafted after the first round who end up having the better careers.
He’s not really a tight end

They didn't trade back out of 3 because they wanted Pitts. They traded back to 6 because they have several players they want.

Too many are stuck on Pitts. Who knows if he's even an interest to them. If he's there at 6 and they take Chase, Sewell or Smith some of you might not recover.
Agree but no o-line please.

Back
Top Bottom