Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

I don't think that tweet is correct. Only 4 first round OL since 2010, Pouncy, Ja'Wuan James, Tunsil and Austin Jackson in last draft. These are all good selections to be honest, with Jackson still to early to tell.
How are those good selections ? We can give Jackson the benefit of a true pre season -he deserves that. Although I’ve said a million times for what it’s worth -he is one of the worst lineman I’ve seen on tape. Go watch any of Tuas highlight vids on YouTube and just watch him. Prepare yourself. As for the other lineman drafted all bad picks especially considering where we were as a team when drafted. We got lucky with tunsil and his return You can go as far back and throw Jake long in there as well. All wasted.

How are those good selections ? We can give Jackson the benefit of a true pre season -he deserves that. Although I’ve said a million times for what it’s worth -he is one of the worst lineman I’ve seen on tape. Go watch any of Tuas highlight vids on YouTube and just watch him. Prepare yourself. As for the other lineman drafted all bad picks especially considering where we were as a team when drafted. We got lucky with tunsil and his return You can go as far back and throw Jake long in there as well. All wasted.
and thats not to say they were bad. Jake Long was pretty good, a top 5 LT for a time , although we took him first overall (over Matt Ryan) Tunsil overrated but definitely a legit starter. Pouncey was soft and way overdraftd as a Center and juwan james lol. So my point is, you dont pick lineman unless you are truly a lineman away from being great (As Tampa did this year) In none of those drafts was that the case. Usually when you are a lineman away you are picking in the late teens to somewhere in the 20's 6 would be unacceptable.

Pouncy was a pro-bowler, James gave very solid play for all his rookie deal and got paid in FA, and Tunsil was a pro-bowler and paved the way to incredible haul. As far as OL picks, those were good ones.

Jackson still tbd.

and thats not to say they were bad. Jake Long was pretty good, a top 5 LT for a time , although we took him first overall (over Matt Ryan) Tunsil overrated but definitely a legit starter. Pouncey was soft and way overdraftd as a Center and juwan james lol. So my point is, you dont pick lineman unless you are truly a lineman away from being great (As Tampa did this year) In none of those drafts was that the case. Usually when you are a lineman away you are picking in the late teens to somewhere in the 20's 6 would be unacceptable.
So your stance is you only pick first round OL when you're a lineman away? Not sure any NFL GM would agree with you.

Pouncy was a pro-bowler, James gave very solid play for all his rookie deal and got paid in FA, and Tunsil was a pro-bowler and paved the way to incredible haul. As far as OL picks, those were good ones.

Jackson still tbd.
who cares about the label of pro bowler though? especially in recent times. And if those guys were all good to great, why didn't our team get significantly better with the drafting of the all important lineman?

So your stance is you only pick first round OL when you're a lineman away? Not sure any NFL GM would agree with you.
pretty much yes, the only caveat would be if you have an outstanding front office that really grades and scouts well. We simply do not. If this was another sport and it was Pat Riley calling the shots, id be ok if we drafted a kicker in the first. He has built up that cache. Grier has been as bad as any GM in recent memory when it comes to the draft. all the "collecting of asset " makes no sense to me , especially if you are cashing in those assets on reaches and overdrafts.

who cares about the label of pro bowler though? especially in recent times. And if those guys were all good to great, why didn't our team get significantly better with the drafting of the all important lineman?
Not sure overall team performance is a valid metric to judge a single player, specially an OL.

But correct me if I'm wrong, your argument isn't against the players per se, but against picking OL in first round? I was just commenting on that tweet about 1st round OL in last 10 years, and the fact that IMHO 3 of the 4 have been good players, with 1 TBD.

If you're arguing that they should have picked someone else instead of OL, I got nothing to add to that tbh. I would prefer to get OL later and save higher picks for more impactful players, but things don't always work that way.

If you miss out on Pitts or Chase, it's a huge mistake.

I like Smith/Waddle but this isn't hard.
I think there is a very good chance it will be Smith or Waddle because I believe the Falcons will draft Pitts if they stay at 4 and the Bengals will do what Burrow has been asking them to do and that is to draft Chase.

On my way to the store earlier I was listening to the radio and I had on sports. The two sports reporters on the show were talking about it being a no brainer for the Falcons to draft Pitts if they stay at 4. They mentioned how the Falcons would have Hurst and Pitts as their double TE’s and Ridley and Jones as their starting WR’s. They believe the Falcons would be a top five offense with that receiving unit.

Back
Top Bottom