Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

What does it matter if he calls himself a TE or a WR? More money be damned..it doesn't really make a difference. He will play all over as a 'Weapon'..he is more than a TE and more than just a WR..maybe they'll invent their own term for his position. And maybe he'll be paid better than any TE, also. Time will tell.

This is all semantics, right now.

Just going off the initial question of this thread....

We only passed on a "special player" if there is only 1 special, non Qb, player in thus draft.

First 4 picks go QB. Leaving Cincy to pick the only special non qb in this draft.

No, I don't think we lost our chance at a special player.

I honestly believe our 18th pick will be the special player (moehrig or Parsons)

I

Just going off the initial question of this thread....

We only passed on a "special player" if there is only 1 special, non Qb, player in thus draft.

First 4 picks go QB. Leaving Cincy to pick the only special non qb in this draft.

No, I don't think we lost our chance at a special player.

I honestly believe our 18th pick will be the special player (moehrig or Parsons)

I

That's a really weird way to spell Najee Harris. ;)

This year is starting to look like a repeat with this organization that started with JJ....trade back for extra picks, miss out on a special player!

1998...JJ trades out of his first round pick at 19 for the 29th pick. 2 hall of famers are drafted between 19-29 that the draft genius Jimmy didn’t perceive....Randy Moss (an all time great wideout) and Alan Faneca.

He also receives pick 60 in the trade, but he trades down again for 3 later picks.

The net result...we lose hall of famer Randy Moss...we picked up John Avery, Brad Jackson, Scott Shaw and John Dutton. In other words, for 1st and 2nd round pick...we got 4 nothing’s.....zip!

We repeated the mistake in 2010....Trading out of Earl Thomas for Jared Odrick and Koa
Misi.

Trading down is not a good thing if your missing out on hall of fame talent.

Chris Greer was in a hurry to trade out of pick #3....and the net of trading down to #6 is we may lose out on 1 or 2 special players...Kyle Pitts looks like a truly rare and special talent that was ours at 3....at 6? It’s looking worse everyday!

And for what? A 2023 first round pick two years from now?

If we miss out on Kyle Pitts and he becomes a gold jacket wearing all time great(as I think he will)...this was yet another massive trade down disaster by this organization...I’m praying he gets to 6.

Using past history of different front offices to evaluate or predict our current front office's moves and/or abilities is like using Rick Norton (the QB) as an example as to why the Dolphins shouldn't have drafted Dan Marino

Using past history of different front offices to evaluate or predict our current front office's moves and/or abilities is like using Rick Norton (the QB) as an example as to why the Dolphins shouldn't have drafted Dan Marino
The most relevant example of trading down is 2016 which worked out pretty well for Miami. Doesn't fit the narrative, though

One of the worst posts of all time.

Comparing 1998 to 2021 is ridiculous.

Pointing out draft misses and hits is beyond dumb.
Think it was referring to trading down as a philosophy

That's a really weird way to spell Najee Harris. ;)
Lol

Personally, I want us to draft Williams.

I don't like Harris at 18. If we trade down to like 24, sure.

I feel a parsons or Moehrig at 18 helps us more than Harris would over drafting Williams in the 2nd.

Not @ #18..maybe #36 or #50!

Personally, I am not even considering the position before 50 and even thats a stretch as I don't think any of the big 3 will be there to make it a tough decision.

RB is the ultimate "philosophy" type position. Most positions don't require you to decide how important a position is to your scheme.

If and when you invest in a RB it should be when your 4-5 year super bowl window is optimal. I think that might be a year from now, for us.

Back
Top Bottom