Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

Most rookies make mistakes...you don’t expect 5th overall to look so unimpressive most of the time.

He wasn't unimpressive man. Watch the damn games again. We was very impressive in games like Cards, Pats, KC, Bengals. Had some not so impressive moments but won two thirds of his games man !! I will take that any day of the week with any QB.

Most rookies make mistakes...you don’t expect 5th overall to look so unimpressive most of the time.
I agree, if I'm being honest I'd take Herbert over Tua in re-draft today because he looked so much better his rookie year. That doesn't mean I'm right and that Tua won't improve off an unusual rookie season, while Herbert regresses. It's also way too early to tell if we "blew it" by trading back down to 6, Ja'Marr Chase or Pitts may fall to us which could be an absolute blessing. Just saying let it all play out, a year or two from now and we will all know how well Chris Grier and the Miami Dolphins are doing, right now it is simply too early to tell.

Teams win games....to rest of the world not Dolfans...Herbert was rookie of the year and broke records...Dolphin fans point to a team matchup...yes we know had a better team, just Nöt the better QB!
This still doesn't answer my questions or concerns.

Tua had the better defense not the better team.

Give Herbert our starting offensive lineup he probably doesn't break records.

Tua would look good as well playing with that offense.

Lucky or not, we will never know.

Also, many neglect to acknowledge the fact when Tua was in the game, our OC purposely limited the play calling. It was not the same as when Fitzmagic was playing.

Now you could argue that was because Tua was a bust sure. But you can't deny the play calling was different when Tua was in the game.

KC, Arizona are 2 games showing Tua was either clutch or could hang with the big dogs. It also showed how good he could be playing with a wide open playybook. He almost beat Mahomes without his top 3 Wrs, top 2 RBS Or his TE in the 4th quarter and most of the 3rd. The 3rd quarter against the Jets as well.

If Herbert was missing Henry, Williams, Allen and Ekeler does he break the records? We aren't even talking about the Oline where Herbert has All Pros and Tua had rookies.

For the record. Herbert went 2-4 without Ekeler alone. Imagine if you took away Williams as well or Allen Or Henry. In fairness to Herbert, his individual stats were solide during that time.

Fortunately for Herbert, its the Troy Aikman argument. You can't fault him for the amazing talent he had to play with. NO I am not comparing the 2 as QBS.

Unfortunately for Tua, you play with the team you got.

You are willing to say Tua had a better record due to the "team" yet you can't apply the same logic that Herbert was more successful thanks to an offense consisting of pro bowlers and or All Pros. Also, minus Ekeler, an offense who stayed healthy

Interesting

Do some reading
Off the Dolphin board...Pitts is the best prospect that’s not a QB in this draft.

Number 2 overall on most big boards.
That's great an all, but he wasn't 5 months ago when teams were actually playing football so I don't really care.

I can't help it if people get caught up on things that aren't related to tape.

Yeah, I figured and lol.

I think people can't look at the trade as a trade down to 6. They see a trade up from 12. Even though we know a trade to 6 was pretty much made before the trade to 12.

The trade was solid if you simply realize we traded down from 3 to 6.
Yeah, he already did what 3/4 of this board wanted.

Yeah, he already did what 3/4 of this board wanted.
True.

I am sure most may also agree a trade down to 8 or 9 would still be ok. Though I gather that would be closer to 50-50.

How about 18. Is the majority also in favor of moving down?

See if Parsons or Moehrig are gone, I would be up for moving down
Also, I prefer J Williams at 36.
Pick 50 is where I would like to move up to land one of the centers or a WR who unexpectedly drops

True.

I am sure most may also agree a trade down to 8 or 9 would still be ok. Though I gather that would be closer to 50-50.

How about 18. Is the majority also in favor of moving down?

See if Parsons or Moehrig are gone, I would be up for moving down
Also, I prefer J Williams at 36.
Pick 50 is where I would like to move up to land one of the centers or a WR who unexpectedly drops
May be unpopular, but me personally I'm hoping to snag Harris at 18. I'm usually against drafting RBs in the first round, but I don't think any other player at that pick makes us better in 2021 than he would.

May be unpopular, but me personally I'm hoping to snag Harris at 18. I'm usually against drafting RBs in the first round, but I don't think any other player at that pick makes us better in 2021 than he would.
Would you draft Harris over Parsons?

Some are speculating Miami goes Parsons at LB and have even suggested that Jerry Jones is absolutely in love with Pitts. I've read all kinds of speculations (not worth posting links since it is only speculation at best) where Dallas trades up for Pitts and Miami moves back to 10th but as part of that trade proposal would be Elliott or Lamb as compensation.

I must say it wouldn't make any sense to unload your 2020 1st round pick but if Jerry had a senior moment I'd take Lamb and the 10th in a heartbeat for the 6th lol. No to Zek.

The closer we get to the draft, the more people are hyping up Kyle Pitts (WELL DESERVED HYPE). Not good for us though. Moving back to 6 will probably cost us Kyle Pitts. I'm trying to make myself feel good by thinking that we will still get Chase, Smith, or Waddle. But it is hard because Pitts is going to be so hard to defend and game plan for.

I heard yesterday on the draft dudes podcast that Pitts is a unicorn who can only be covered by a unicorn defender and there are not alot of them in the league.

Some are speculating Miami goes Parsons at LB and have even suggested that Jerry Jones is absolutely in love with Pitts. I've read all kinds of speculations (not worth posting links since it is only speculation at best) where Dallas trades up for Pitts and Miami moves back to 10th but as part of that trade proposal would be Elliott or Lamb as compensation.

I must say it wouldn't make any sense to unload your 2020 1st round pick but if Jerry had a senior moment I'd take Lamb and the 10th in a heartbeat for the 6th lol. No to Zek.
Heck no to Elliot.

Lamb and #10 for #6? Any day every day haha.

Go get Slater or Surtan at 10. Imagine if Sewell dropped to 10.

If Grier could turn #6 into Lamb and Slater/Sewell or Surtain he will have won best 1st round honors IMO.

Jones could not be that foolish

The closer we get to the draft, the more people are hyping up Kyle Pitts (WELL DESERVED HYPE). Not good for us though. Moving back to 6 will probably cost us Kyle Pitts. I'm trying to make myself feel good by thinking that we will still get Chase, Smith, or Waddle. But it is hard because Pitts is going to be so hard to defend and game plan for.

I heard yesterday on the draft dudes podcast that Pitts is a unicorn who can only be covered by a unicorn defender and there are not alot of them in the league.

I agree the hype is kind of out of control right now and it's going to hurt us. The idiocy of trading the pick in the draft where we literally could take any non QB we wanted a month before the draft, for a net gain of one first 2 years from now keeps biting us in the bum. We controlled who we could pick, instead we gave that control up for peanuts and are now at the mercy of others. Instead of being patient and waiting to see how all this played out and played the board when it fell on draft day.

It's just fluff. Pitts can be guarded the same way anybody else can. He's really athletic, but he's not even more athletic than Gesecki is and does he need a unicorn defender to stop him?

Back
Top Bottom