Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

It's just fluff. Pitts can be guarded the same way anybody else can. He's really athletic, but he's not even more athletic than Gesecki is and does he need a unicorn defender to stop him?

If this is true then why wasn't there this kind of talk about Gesicki coming out ? Why did Pitts produce more TDs and more Yardage in a tougher conference, in half the number of games Gesicki has. Why is Gesicki #3 on the list of bad separators from next gen stats ? The fact that you think these two players are comparable show how much stock I need to take in your evaluation.

Heck no to Elliot.

Lamb and #10 for #6? Any day every day haha.

Go get Slater or Surtan at 10. Imagine if Sewell dropped to 10.

If Grier could turn #6 into Lamb and Slater/Sewell or Surtain he will have won best 1st round honors IMO.

Jones could not be that foolish
Fun to talk about. Like I said if Jones does that trade he's officially reached Al Davis levels of senile.

It's just fluff. Pitts can be guarded the same way anybody else can. He's really athletic, but he's not even more athletic than Gesecki is and does he need a unicorn defender to stop him?
I wanna see a unicorn.

Maybe we should draft Pitts.

If this is true then why wasn't there this kind of talk about Gesicki coming out ? Why did Pitts produce more TDs and more Yardage in a tougher conference, in half the number of games Gesicki has. Why is Gesicki #3 on the list of bad separators from next gen stats ? The fact that you think these two players are comparable show how much stock I need to take in your evaluation.
It seems you aren't aware of the drill times and size/speed similarities between them because you don't want to know, I suppose. They are objective times so you can look them up yourself. Don't take my word for it.

Is Pitts a better prospect than Gesicki was? Absolutely, but there's nothing about his athleticism/size/speed that means you need a unicorn defender. That's draft hype talk.

Do some reading
Off the Dolphin board...Pitts is the best prospect that’s not a QB in this draft.

Number 2 overall on most big boards.
I took your advice and did some reading
Boards where he is NOT #2:

It seems you aren't aware of the drill times and size/speed similarities between them because you don't want to know, I suppose. They are objective times so you can look them up yourself. Don't take my word for it.

Is Pitts a better prospect than Gesicki was? Absolutely, but there's nothing about his athleticism/size/speed that means you need a unicorn defender. That's draft hype talk.

It doesn't matter dude, it's implementing these drills on the field that matter. Pitts's tape is out of this world, I watched it all in real time, I know what this kid can do, he's another level on Gesicki. For all of Gesicki's undoubted athletic ability, he is frustratingly not consistent enough and disappears from games because he can't get that separation.

I’m fine with any of those. I’d prefer Pitts but any of those players make us better. I’m really hoping for Harris at 18
Interesting. I would rather go D at 18 ( likely edge or LBr or even CB to replace X if need be). I think we can get a good RB at 36 or 50

It doesn't matter dude, it's implementing these drills on the field that matter. Pitts's tape is out of this world, I watched it all in real time, I know what this kid can do, he's another level on Gesicki. For all of Gesicki's undoubted athletic ability, he is frustratingly not consistent enough and disappears from games because he can't get that separation.
And yet Kyle Pitts has 4 whole games where he broke 100 yards in his entire collegiate career.

Does that scream consistency to you? Was he just being covered by unicorn defenders in college, I guess?

I took your advice and did some reading
Boards where he is NOT #2:

Nice research

Fun to talk about. Like I said if Jones does that trade he's officially reached Al Davis levels of senile.
Yup yup.

Personally I think Jones owes us after how Byron Jones defended Mckenzie in week 17.

I know B. JONES is good, but I got so tired seeing the back of his jersey chasing someone to the end zone.

Now we need to hype Pitts like no one else. No one can defend Pitts. Unicorns don't exist. No TE has ever ran as fast as him without pads or a shirt. JERRY, Pitts will send opposing defenses to the pits of hel*. See what I did there? Mwahaha.

Pitts makes Amari Cooper look like Jakeem Grant

Wait until two years from now and analyze. The ant f@cking on here is getting out of hand.

You say he can be guarded like anyone else. Do mean guarded like Gronk when he was young, Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, or George Kittle? Or do you mean just an average TE? You can see that there is a difference in the quality of people right? Some guys are easier to guard than others. That's like saying Tyreek Hill can be guarded just like anyone else. That is a blind blanket statement that is just not true.

The speed, agility, height, hands, catch radius, mismatch on linebackers, fluidity, an versatility is undeniable. It is rare to have all of those traits combined with 1 person. Most of the time players have 1 or some but when a player has all of them, they can be special.

And yet Kyle Pitts has 4 whole games where he broke 100 yards in his entire collegiate career.

Does that scream consistency to you? Was he just being covered by unicorn defenders in college, I guess?
Does this mean there are more unicorns in college than the NFL.

I seriously need to stop debating Pitts. At this rate I will be upset if we draft him. Ugh...
Happy thoughts, happy thoughts. Match-up nightmare. OPTIMISM

Some are speculating Miami goes Parsons at LB and have even suggested that Jerry Jones is absolutely in love with Pitts. I've read all kinds of speculations (not worth posting links since it is only speculation at best) where Dallas trades up for Pitts and Miami moves back to 10th but as part of that trade proposal would be Elliott or Lamb as compensation.

I must say it wouldn't make any sense to unload your 2020 1st round pick but if Jerry had a senior moment I'd take Lamb and the 10th in a heartbeat for the 6th lol. No to Zek.
If we got Lamb in anything close to that type of deal, I think we found our new BOB.

We'd be the Miami/Texas Dolphins.

You say he can be guarded like anyone else. Do mean guarded like Gronk when he was young, Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, or George Kittle? Or do you mean just an average TE? You can see that there is a difference in the quality of people right? Some guys are easier to guard than others. That's like saying Tyreek Hill can be guarded just like anyone else. That is a blind blanket statement that is just not true.

The speed, agility, height, hands, catch radius, mismatch on linebackers, fluidity, an versatility is undeniable. It is rare to have all of those traits combined with 1 person. Most of the time players have 1 or some but when a player has all of them, they can be special.
Fluidity? Did you see his 40 time at his Pro Day? Did that look fluid to you? Did you know his agility drill times are worse than Gesicki's?

He's not Calvin Johnson. He's not any kind of athlete that we haven't seen before. I mean, this isn't some subjective evaluation. All of the physical traits are measured and compared to his previous TE peers. There's a list online that you can look up. It's called Relative Athletic Score and he would have the 2nd highest RAS on the Dolphins alone behind Gesicki.

This idea that because he's very athletic for his size that he's some generational prospect just makes me roll my eyes into the back of my head every time I read it.

If he was so athletic that he was uncoverable, then what kind of excuses are you going to make for his lack of real production in college? Nobody has ever given me a legitimate answer other than blaming Trask for not throwing to him enough.

Back
Top Bottom