Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

I think one big difference between Gesicki and pitts is that gesicki really struggles to get his speed going. It just takes him a while. I don’t see pitts lasting to pick 6. If Miami wanted him that badly they wouldn’t traded back. Hopefully they resign gesicki.

I think one big difference between Gesicki and pitts is that gesicki really struggles to get his speed going. It just takes him a while. I don’t see pitts lasting to pick 6. If Miami wanted him that badly they wouldn’t traded back. Hopefully they resign gesicki.
Gesicki tested above 95th percentile in both 10 yard split and 20 yard split of his 40 yard dash at the combine so this statement isn't true.

1618002574348.png

Gesicki tested above 95th percentile in both 10 yard split and 20 yard split of his 40 yard dash at the combine so this statement isn't true.

View attachment 73711
Can’t argue that. So I guess I am wrong.
I love gesicki. Hope we resign him and draft pitts. But I think pitts is gone at 4 or 5

I love gesicki. Hope we resign him and draft pitts. But I think pitts is gone at 4 or 5
Honestly on the

View attachment 73711
Just being honest . On the field it appears he takes a while to get going. Maybe he doesn’t but it appears he does. Still like the player a lot

Maybe. I just think most people are getting caught up in Pitts's athleticism and forget we drafted someone at TE more athletic. Athleticism helps, but it doesn't automatically make you an uncoverable monster.

If Pitts is going to be good, it isn't solely because of his measurables that everybody keeps throwing around.

Maybe. I just think most people are getting caught up in Pitts's athleticism and forget we drafted someone at TE more athletic. Athleticism helps, but it doesn't automatically make you an uncoverable monster.

If Pitts is going to be good, it isn't solely because of his measurables that everybody keeps throwing around.
True. He has got blown up a bit in off season. Maybe we should just draft smith? I honestly don’t know. What is chase story? I thought there were concerns about maturity? Is that wrong?

True. He has got blown up a bit in off season. Maybe we should just draft smith? I honestly don’t know. What is chase story? I thought there were concerns about maturity? Is that wrong?
I don't believe there are any character red flags for Chase.

I'll be fine with any of Smith, Chase, or Pitts.

Where can I get reliable information like that, specifically what sources?

I am very interested.

NFLN's Daniel Jeremiah on Florida TE Kyle Pitts, a Philly native: "I think you can make a strong case he's the best player in the draft. ...

I could go on and on...The league knows he’s a unicorn.

It doesn't matter dude, it's implementing these drills on the field that matter. Pitts's tape is out of this world, I watched it all in real time, I know what this kid can do, he's another level on Gesicki. For all of Gesicki's undoubted athletic ability, he is frustratingly not consistent enough and disappears from games because he can't get that separation.
There’s no comparison...but then again he’s far from being alone.

They didn't trade back out of 3 because they wanted Pitts. They traded back to 6 because they have several players they want.

Too many are stuck on Pitts. Who knows if he's even an interest to them. If he's there at 6 and they take Chase, Sewell or Smith some of you might not recover.
Stuck?....I just believe he’s a unicorn and the other receivers, while very good are not nearly as special.

If they don’t pick him...just as I did with Tua I will hope the player we drafted succeeds!

I could go on and on...The league knows he’s a unicorn.

Thank you for a reply that actually answers my questions.

I am now positive about his high desirability for our 1st round pick.

I still think there is a group of excellent players who will be available at pick #6, but now I see a reason as to why Pitts is held in such high regard. I'll certainly be very happy if we get him.

Yes on the speed...I think Miami misjudged his rise on draft boards.

Back
Top Bottom