Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player? | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Dolphin once again traded back and missed getting a special player?

Dolphins finally catch a break all these years get blessed with the 3rd pick and an opportunity to draft a generational player in Pitts that significantly changes offense, only to trade out of the pick. Typical Dolphins.

No, they added extra picks and traded back in the top six to get the guy they wanted all along. Don't forget they coached the Senior Bowl game and have info only one other team has right now.

Herbert had a way better year no doubt, but that doesn't mean he's going to have a better NFL career. And I'm considered a Tua "hater" on this board because I can be truthful about what Tua basically admitted about his rookie campaign, overall he basically sucked. Or in Tua's words "below average". Herbert is a lot more physically talented than Tua and that will never change, but Tua's quick release, work ethic, and decision making may make him better in the long run, only time will tell. Take this play from Herbert's rookie year for example (7:08 mark in below video). You're killing a s*** team with 1:42 left on the clock in the 3rd quarter. If you simply don't turn the ball over on 3rd and 4 you kick the FG and the odds you win are well above 90%. Instead Herbert does the one thing he can't do and throws a weak a** pass which gets picked in the back of the end zone...they lose by 1 point. Horrible decision by Herbert which cost the team the victory, I'm hoping he does more of this in the future and Tua continues to bust his a**. Sincerly a Tua "hater" lmao.

Herbert had a way better year no doubt, but that doesn't mean he's going to have a better NFL career. And I'm considered a Tua "hater" on this board because I can be truthful about what Tua basically admitted about his rookie campaign, overall he basically sucked. Or in Tua's words "below average". Herbert is a lot more physically talented than Tua and that will never change, but Tua's quick release, work ethic, and decision making may make him better in the long run, only time will tell. Take this play from Herbert's rookie year for example (7:08 mark in below video). You're killing a s*** team with 1:42 left on the clock in the 3rd quarter. If you simply don't turn the ball over on 3rd and 4 you kick the FG and the odds you win are well above 90%. Instead Herbert does the one thing he can't do and throws a weak a** pass which gets picked in the back of the end zone...they lose by 1 point. Horrible decision by Herbert which cost the team the victory, I'm hoping he does more of this in the future and Tua continues to bust his a**. Sincerly a Tua "hater" lmao.

Wait what? He threw a touch jump pass to a 6'4 WR vs a 5'10 db and the ball went through Williams hands for a easy td and Callahan int the ball blindly. This play is not what ya think. You don't break down film professionally do you. Such a weird take on that play.

I will say this about Tua that are facts, the guy came off a couple of major injuries in college. He had no real training camp due to the pandemic, so basically his rookie year was his training camp. Another year in Brian Flores camp and a draft with some play makers on offense and look out. Give Tua another chance to show what he can do. I do like the fact he wanted to play for the Dolphins and they were his first choice. I believe in coach Flores and think he is the right coach to guide this team to a championship, he has the same intensity that Shula had.

Not saying Pitts is worse than Gesicki. Merely pointing out the myth that Gesicki lacks acceleration.

That's all.
Yet with all his physical gifts he ranks near the dead bottom in terms of separation. He is great in contested catch situations, but based on his testing numbers, you'd expect him to get open a lot more.

It's kind of like Chase's 4.38. He doesn't show that on the field. Doesn’t translate to the degree of separation you'd expect. Not saying he looks slow by any means and still a great player. But you can watch the tape and see that 4.38 is just a number.

Yet with all his physical gifts he ranks near the dead bottom in terms of separation. He is great in contested catch situations, but based on his testing numbers, you'd expect him to get open a lot more.

It's kind of like Chase's 4.38. He doesn't show that on the field. Doesn’t translate to the degree of separation you'd expect. Not saying he looks slow by any means and still a great player. But you can watch the tape and see that 4.38 is just a number.
Exactly. That's why looking at Pitts's measurables and then drooling over them as people start making plans for his Hall of Fame party is silly.

There are better "athletes" at TE before him, in the league now, and will be after him. The reason why he's a great prospect is that he PLAYS big and fast which isn't always the case with a lot of guys. I remember one of the first jump balls thrown to Gesicki in the end zone, he fell down and the CB had a free pick. That isn't happening with Pitts.

And yeah, I don't buy Chase's 4.38 at all, but he's another example of a guy who... while only 6'1"... plays like he's 6'5" which is why he's good.

Too much pointing at context-less numbers going on for my tastes.

The "Pitts's measurables = HoF" is just making my eyes roll into the back of my head. People need a less shallow argument.

Kamelion I think one of us misunderstood, becaue I believe he's saying Gesicki doesn't get separation.

I believe Ive said this to you personally before but there's multiple metrics that support PItts is one of the best in this class at getting separation. PFF ranks him #2 to Waddle's #1, even.

Not sure how you'd ever see him play and think he doesnt separate.

Kamelion I think one of us misunderstood, becaue I believe he's saying Gesicki doesn't get separation.

I believe Ive said this to you personally before but there's multiple metrics that support PItts is one of the best in this class at getting separation. PFF ranks him #2 to Waddle's #1, even.

Not sure how you'd ever see him play and think he doesnt separate.
The original comment was that Gesicki is slow to build up to his speed whereas Pitts is not. I am merely pointing out that is false and that they both accelerate quickly.

Separation is another thing entirely. Lots of other stuff goes into that which is why Pitts is a much better prospect than Gesicki was.

Exactly. That's why looking at Pitts's measurables and then drooling over them as people start making plans for his Hall of Fame party is silly.

There are better "athletes" at TE before him, in the league now, and will be after him. The reason why he's a great prospect is that he PLAYS big and fast which isn't always the case with a lot of guys. I remember one of the first jump balls thrown to Gesicki in the end zone, he fell down and the CB had a free pick. That isn't happening with Pitts.

And yeah, I don't buy Chase's 4.38 at all, but he's another example of a guy who... while only 6'1"... plays like he's 6'5" which is why he's good.

The "Pitts's measurables = HoF" is just making my eyes roll into the back of my head. People need a less shallow argument.
My argument about his greatness is what I watched on the field...it just so happens that his numbers are elite as well, including the largest wingspan in 20 years...and that he didn’t drop a targeted pass last year etc etc etc.....

I don't judge Pitts by his measurables though. His play speed, agility, and ability to separate are not seen in guys that are 6'6 245. I liked him before he ever ran a 40. With him, the numbers simply validate what I already felt I saw.

And I agree w you regarding Chase and also your take on combine numbers.

No doubt Chase will be a good player but I think the FO likes Smith and Waddle better. Better separation, explosiveness and familiarity with Tua.

Wait what? He threw a touch jump pass to a 6'4 WR vs a 5'10 db and the ball went through Williams hands for a easy td and Callahan int the ball blindly. This play is not what ya think. You don't break down film professionally do you. Such a weird take on that play.

Horrible throw and decision, gotta keep that ball high in that situation or take a safer option, he definitely under-threw it. Cost his team the game when a FG would’ve iced it, poor game management.

Last edited:

Why are you only arguing about his measurables? We don't want him because he ran the 40 fast. We want him because he is good, he gets open, he has good hands, his size, his speed. Everything that he is, is why we want him on our team and all you can do is argue that he is not as good of an athlete as Gesicki.

Hey Chargers fan, nice of you to drop by, have fun with your "all world" QB. See you in the play offs.

Back
Top Bottom