Head Coach Tracker | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach Tracker

Out of curiosity who is Cincinnati targeting? Could Gase be a good fit??? Mostly because the less teams competing for a coach the better we get our targeted guy. Hopefully Richard.

Also curious that all the Rex Ryan talk has all but disappeared since Gase's firing. Is he still in the running?

Also curious that all the Rex Ryan talk has all but disappeared since Gase's firing. Is he still in the running?

He was never in the running. That was just Rex putting his name out there.

Certainly a strange coaching hiring season.

Reading the local writers tweets and etc, it looks like it between Richard and Flores.

Out of curiosity who is Cincinnati targeting? Could Gase be a good fit??? Mostly because the less teams competing for a coach the better we get our targeted guy. Hopefully Richard.

The only rumors I have heard about Cincinnati are that they were interested in McDaniels (he is not interviewing), Vance Joseph, and Hue Jackson. Supposedly, Hue is telling people that he's the front runner in the clubhouse for the job and looking at staff options.

There is a big joke in here about Gruden signing Peterman, the Bengals possibly hiring Jackson, and Miami's owner coming out and saying "You know, going 3-13 ain't that bad." :lol:

I though people were lining up to hire him? Hmmm

Gase was a red hot commodity when we hired him. He was actually so highly regarded that he straight up turned down a head coaching offer because he didn't like one of the stipulations on it, and elected to spend another year or so as a coordinator. He still has some of that aura, and he still has a great agent (Jimmy Sexton, IIRC), but I think other clubs are (rightly) concluding that he was at least some substantial part of the reason why the Miami Dolphins imploded under his watch.

I think Gase will get another shot as a head coach. If not in New York this season, he will rehabilitate his image somewhere as a coordinator and get another shot. He still has major clout with some media guys, a strong agent, and some residual mojo from the Peyton Manning anointment.

I see Gase going to the Jets.

Also, why are we not entertaining Stefanski. I really think he can be a great coach. Same with Wink Martindale.

Out of the ones we’re linked with, I would hope we get Rizzi an honest shot

Bengals are cheap. They’re the only franchise with an opening that aren’t really tied to any candidates so far that you forget they have an opening. They’d do something stupid like hire Hue Jackson

they will be lot of black Monday coming for class of 2019. the coach that dolphins want is still in playoff. kc, dal or N.E coach will be our next coach.

Last edited:
The insanity of McVay fever:

The Green Bay Packers and Arizona Cardinals have both issued statements today indicating that their new head coaches are best buds with Sean McVay and that he has given both men his blessing. That's right, these teams are literally selling the hires to their fans by pointing out that hey, they know Sean McVay! They've got to be good!

Just surreal.

Stephen Ross and Chris Grier were really active last weekend to meet with Kris Richard, Dennis Allen, Eric Bienemy and Flores and now things seem pretty quiet. We may well have our next Coach clearly identified, but because their teams - the Dallas Cowboys, the New Orleans Saints, the Kansas City Chiefs and the New England Patriots are all focused on this weekend's playoff games, it would be an inappropriate distraction for the respective co-ordinators if our team's desires were leaked.
However, I think that it's really significant that 3 of these 4 are Defensive guys, while the past five Dolphins Head Coaches (Adam Gase, Dan Campbell, Joe Philbin, Tony Sparano and even Cam Cameron) all came from an Offensive background. 3 years ago when Adam Gase was appointed, I seem to recall that a high percentage of the prospects interviewed were predominantly Offensive guys. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Stephen Ross may still do his thing and appoint a known existing beloved Dolphin, Darren Rizzi to the job, but my read is that when other teams like Arizona, Tampa Bay and Green Bay have all appointed Offensive guys, we are set to go in the other direction, by appointing a Defensive guy and my hunch is that it will be Kris Richard. In fact it is significant that we didn't even attempt to interview someone like Kliff Kingsbury, Bruce Arians or Matt Le Fleur. We're set to hand the reins to a Defensive guy.

So, to clarify are you saying that we won't know if it's Richard or Flores until they are eliminated from the playoffs or win the Super Bowl? Will a private agreement be in place so they can build their coaching staff or will everything have to wait?

The only rumors I have heard about Cincinnati are that they were interested in McDaniels (he is not interviewing), Vance Joseph, and Hue Jackson. Supposedly, Hue is telling people that he's the front runner in the clubhouse for the job and looking at staff options.

There is a big joke in here about Gruden signing Peterman, the Bengals possibly hiring Jackson, and Miami's owner coming out and saying "You know, going 3-13 ain't that bad." :lol:

Gase was a red hot commodity when we hired him. He was actually so highly regarded that he straight up turned down a head coaching offer because he didn't like one of the stipulations on it, and elected to spend another year or so as a coordinator. He still has some of that aura, and he still has a great agent (Jimmy Sexton, IIRC), but I think other clubs are (rightly) concluding that he was at least some substantial part of the reason why the Miami Dolphins imploded under his watch.

I think Gase will get another shot as a head coach. If not in New York this season, he will rehabilitate his image somewhere as a coordinator and get another shot. He still has major clout with some media guys, a strong agent, and some residual mojo from the Peyton Manning anointment.

IMO he (Gase) will be reassigned as a OC somewhere because in today's NFL nobody truly gets fired but it may not be in the coming year. He may have to go back to playcalling school after his display in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom