Henne/Sanchez: Who Gives Finfans More to Smile About? Sanchez>Henne | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne/Sanchez: Who Gives Finfans More to Smile About? Sanchez>Henne

Ive been saying Sanchez blows all along. Yet some of the phins fans posters on here want to talk about how ****ing great he is and yap it up with Jets fans.

Sanchez was probably the worst starter in the league last season. Unlike guys who were horrible like Delhomme, Sanchez had a beastly rushing attack, a great defense, a great OL, and a simplified passing attack. He threw less passes than any starter by a good margin thanks to that rushing attack and yet he STILL had a BOATLOAD of turnovers. Sanchez BLEW LAST YEAR.

Yet somehow in year 2 he is going to have progressed a great deal and lead the Jets to a division title at the minimum. Get ****ing real.

Let me explain one more time whats going to happen. Sanchez is going to continue to blow. And even though he has some more weapons to throw to, his rushing attack isnt going to be quite what it was last year due to the loss of Thomas Jones. Everyone wants to sweat Shonn Greene but, what he did last year was come in after Jones softened up the D and make a FEW nice runs. He is a 2nd year player. I need to see him put up Jones type numbers before I believe he can carry the load.

And Im not going to claim LT is what he was 3 seasons ago all of the sudden because he made a couple of decent preseason plays OK. I think he will be a weapon in the passing attack, but I cant see him tearing it up in the running game.

So when you factor that in, I could see Sanchez being forced into more bad decisions since he wasnt faced with everything just yet. Last season he was totally spoonfed and he was horrible. So dont ask me to believe the Jets will have a good offense. If they have a solid running game, it could be decent......maybe.

And their D. What did they do? Add a washed up LB and a corner that blows? OK. Im scared. Better get Revis in there. And even if you do, didnt I see teams run it down their throats on occasion last year? And yea....even with Jenkins. Ask Ronnie Brown.

If you think they are any better than the 8-8 team they were last season, your placing too much on them beating a beat up Bengals team who lost its deep threat receiver and had their kicker miss everything and then beating a team that chokes in the playoffs every year. Big deal. Its 2 ****ing games. Against teams that really werent much better if any better than a lot of the teams in the AFC last year. Im not impressed.

What happened when they played a real top notch club like the colts? They got ****ing destroyed. Thats what happened. That #1 D looked like dog ****. **** the Jets.
first of all let me just say wvdolphan it is great to have you posting on this site again regularly and i am looking foward to a great season of fins football and hearing your opinions which i think are fascinating and i learn a lot from you.

that being said, i agree with you 100% about sanchez. when people make comparisons between him and henne it makes me sick. does henne have something to still prove? yes of course, but he has shown with not so many elite weapons that he was able to win some games on his shoulders last year unlike sanchez who if there d allowed over 20 pts, they didnt win 1 game. we mite as well compare henne to jamarcus russell while we r at it, because thats whats its like comparing henne to sanchez. sanchez as u stated was one of the worst qbs last year in the nfl. you will have jet fans saying well in his first year he made it to the afc championship game, but little do they realize that they only got in at first bc the colts benched there players, but even jet fans will argue that.

sanchez has yet to show he can throw a deep ball in the nfl, and all he does is either force throws into tight coverage which results in turnovers, or he dumps off 5-10 yards . from what ive seen from him, he is towards the bottom of the league in qbs. if u go team by team, in the afc, henne, brady, manning, young, garrard, schaub,palmer, flacco,roethlisberger, rivers,r all for sure better then him no debate, and in the nfc manning, romo, mcnabb, rodgers, favre, stafford, cutler, brees,ryan,and hasselbeck r all better then him no debate. that means 20 qbs r already for sure better then him, and u can make a good case campbell, cassell, may even be better, and these r starting qbs only, or then id say chad p also. bottom line is hes at best the 23-24th best qb in the league, so the fact that people talk about him like hes the greatest thing since sliced bread is a joke.

Are you happy about three-four series? That too in a pre season game? OK. Jets are doomed I guess.

Just wanted to point out to you: Panthers had the fourth best pass D last year while Jags were ranked 27th. Chill. Its pre season. Most coaches hold back on their playbooks in pre season anyways. Lets talk after four REGULAR season games.
You mean back when the panthers had a guy named Peppers?? Sorry but he is in Chicago now. They also lost a starting saftey.

Are you happy about three-four series? That too in a pre season game? OK. Jets are doomed I guess.

Just wanted to point out to you: Panthers had the fourth best pass D last year while Jags were ranked 27th. Chill. Its pre season. Most coaches hold back on their playbooks in pre season anyways. Lets talk after four REGULAR season games.
we know its preseason, but its pretty sad how ur passing game had a total of 23 yds i believe it was through 3 quarters yesterday. i forgot how much they finished up with total, but still its really pathetic. and although results do not mean anything in preseason, when u have guys like sanchez who need to prove something, its not a good sign yesterday that he couldnt lead them into the endzone once, especially since he started 3 drives in panthers territory due to turnovers, including one on the 12 yd line.

Don't get me wrong, Henne had a truely GREAT night. Going 11/14 with two TDs and two drops, while showing great poise and knowledge of the offense, had to put a smile on EVERY finfans face. But I have to give the nod to Sanchez. His 5/10 for 12 freaking yards and what should have been at least 2 picks, vs an average defense, made me as a finfan want to stand on my coffee table and dance.

With more being placed on the shoulders of Sanchez, it looks more and more like everything being said about Mark in the off season was correct," he just isn't that good". He is very dangerous with the ball and has looked lost from time to time. His footwork is sloopy and although the blocking has been above average, Mark still seems to ignore his presnap reads, some times holding the ball too long and other times getting rid of the ball when there is no need.

I know we are just two games into the preseason, but up to this point I would have to say, "he is who we thought he was". And as a finfan that just HAS to bring a bigger smile to your face. :hclap:

It's PRESEASON, the results are meaningless. In pre week 1 sanchez looked great and henne looked awful, they reversed this week(apparently, I didn't see Henne this week but heard) and now preseason is meaningful?

one thing sanchez is better than henne at is fitting a hotdog in his mouth

FrankenHenne likes to use kielbasa.

Everyone has a point here, but isn't that players are supposed to get better as preseason goes on... not the opposite

Our weeks were backwards, we played starters the entire 1st half in week 1 and starters for a qtr week two isntead of the opposite.

Either way it's preseason, all that matters is good health.

Not if they watched the game. Chad was 5/11 for 20 yards true enough, but add he had three big drops that would have made at least another 50 yards and then his numbers are 8/11 for 70 yards, in a drivng rain storm. No there is no comparison. Chad looked comfortable and in control and Sandbag looked like the game was too big for him.

The jets have a great defense and a very good OL, there running game is gonna be nearly as good as it was last year, maybe better. The only real weakness they have is at QB, and so far that has been a pretty good weakness if you are a finfan.

So weak they made a conf title game w/ him as a rookie.

Just like I came in here a aweek ago and told you not to worry about henne b/c it was preseason I'll say the same about our QB. I cannot believe intelligent football fans get this worked up about preseason #s.

Sad, no. Obsessed, Hell yes!

I'm obsessed with the Dolphins, I'm obsessed with our AFC East Rivalries. I'm obsessed with the NFL. I watch the Jests, Patsies, and Jills like a hawk, hoping for failure, injuries & team mutiny. I see nothing wrong with watching Dirty fail and being joyful about it regardless of regular or pre-season. For the record it means nothing being preseason but it means something considering he's the teams starting failure at QB.

Though there is one thing I don't do and that's bother to check the opposing teams message boards to see what all the non-sensensical, idiotic opinions of Jest, Patsy and Jill fans are.

you're 32 years old and you watch the other afc east teams hoping for injuries? can you say no class?

you're 32 years old and you watch the other afc east teams hoping for injuries? can you say no class?

#1 Age has absolutely nothing to do with what football teams you watch or dont watch

#2 Your telling me that you werent happy when Tom Brady went down 2 years ago and the Jets didnt have to face him? or in the AFC championship game you werent maybe hoping Peyton Manning sprained or tweaked his throwing arm or an ankle at least?

#3 Lets not get started on class, as your now wasahed up LB Jason Taylor once said, The Jets take the "C-L" out of class

#1 Age has absolutely nothing to do with what football teams you watch or dont watch

#2 Your telling me that you werent happy when Tom Brady went down 2 years ago and the Jets didnt have to face him? or in the AFC championship game you werent maybe hoping Peyton Manning sprained or tweaked his throwing arm or an ankle at least?

#3 Lets not get started on class, as your now wasahed up LB Jason Taylor once said, The Jets take the "C-L" out of class

#1 It does have something to do w/ it when you are a 32 year old adult and you are watching opposing teams rooting for injuries.

#2 I wasn't happy when Brady went down, I was happy we had a better shot to win but I don't root for injuries.

Please don't bring up class when you are talking about rooting for injuries.

#1 It does have something to do w/ it when you are a 32 year old adult and you are watching opposing teams rooting for injuries.

#2 I wasn't happy when Brady went down, I was happy we had a better shot to win but I don't root for injuries.

Please don't bring up class when you are talking about rooting for injuries.

#1 a 25 year old and a 65 year old can root for injuries, age doesnt matter when you want your team to win and will take any advantage you get

#2 notice how you didnt mention the Peyton Manning aspect, and if you were happy that you had a better shot to win, you were happy when Brady got injured, because the 2nd part doesnt happen without the first

im not rooting for injuries i never said that, all im saying is, am i going to be mad if a key player on a team from a hated rival or an up coming opponent is injured and cant play, absolutely not, am i going to be happy, absolutely, not because he was injured, but for the fact that he can not play against my team, which like you said gives your/my team a better chance to win

#1 a 25 year old and a 65 year old can root for injuries, age doesnt matter when you want your team to win and will take any advantage you get

#2 notice how you didnt mention the Peyton Manning aspect, and if you were happy that you had a better shot to win, you were happy when Brady got injured, because the 2nd part doesnt happen without the first

im not rooting for injuries i never said that, all im saying is, am i going to be mad if a key player on a team from a hated rival or an up coming opponent is injured and cant play, absolutely not, am i going to be happy, absolutely, not because he was injured, but for the fact that he can not play against my team, which like you said gives your/my team a better chance to win

A 25 year old likely is still pretty immature and might do something stupid like root for injuries, by the time you are in your 30s you would think they would get over such foolishness.

It's embarrassing that any adult would root for injuries so their team can win.

A team pullingb starters to rest guys for postseason and a player getting injured are 2 totally different things. Indy was stupid, that's a far cry from losing a player or players b/c of injury and I didn't root for them to sit their guys they were just dumb enough to do it.

I am not going to lose sleep if players on other teams lose guys to injuries but I would never root for them. I want my team to stay healthy and beat other teams that are healthy. Unfortunately injuries are part of the game but that doesn't mean grown adults should ever root for injuries.

it's funny. over on the jets forum i post at we want to play our opponents at full strength. if we see a poster wishing for or getting happy about an injury the dude is called out for being a scumbag. i'v eseen numerous injury wishes on this forum backed up and proppe dup like it's an admirable thing to be rooting for. was i happy that tom brady was knocked out? not at all. i wan tto see the jets beat the best. not win because brady or ronnie or whoever couldn't play and the opponent wasn't at full strength. i mean yeah i'll take the win no matter what obviously. but i wasn't happy one bit that they took manning and co out last year. it worked out for us....but it feels cheap to win that way. and fwiw, if you are 32 and rooting for injuries you have some growing up to do imo.

it's funny. over on the jets forum i post at we want to play our opponents at full strength. if we see a poster wishing for or getting happy about an injury the dude is called out for being a scumbag. i'v eseen numerous injury wishes on this forum backed up and proppe dup like it's an admirable thing to be rooting for. was i happy that tom brady was knocked out? not at all. i wan tto see the jets beat the best. not win because brady or ronnie or whoever couldn't play and the opponent wasn't at full strength. i mean yeah i'll take the win no matter what obviously. but i wasn't happy one bit that they took manning and co out last year. it worked out for us....but it feels cheap to win that way. and fwiw, if you are 32 and rooting for injuries you have some growing up to do imo.
you must visit this forum more than I do.

37 post, Hmmm probably not.. you have no idea what people wish for. i guarantee you most dolphins Fans DO not root for injury. I bet i could pull up some threads Jet Fans made when Ricky Williams Tore his pectoral again and how they laughed about it.

Last week it was just the opposite, so I'm not buying it just yet.

I'm not buying into it either.

But one could argue that Henne progressed, while Sanchez regressed, therefore, making Sanchez more of a concern.

Like I said, it's only week 2 of the pre-season, so i'm not buying into iteither.

Understand I AM NOT and NEVER HAVE rooted for an injury....BUT it would be a lie of any die hard fan if they said they werent a little more positive/happy w.e you wanna call it, if the opposing teams best players or big contributor happened to have a injury and missed the game againt your favorite team...helping them win, which in the end is most important

"but i wasn't happy one bit that they took manning and co out last year. it worked out for us....but it feels cheap to win that way."

that has to be a lie, they took out the best QB in the NFL during a game in which the jets were losing and if they lost, the jets season was over, yes it was cheap, but as we all hate to admit as dolphin fans, it did get the jets into the playoffs where everyone likes to be, so unless you want to say that you would have rather had Peyton play the rest of the game and beat the Jets and eliminate them, then it doesnt matter

Understand I AM NOT and NEVER HAVE rooted for an injury....BUT it would be a lie of any die hard fan if they said they werent a little more positive/happy w.e you wanna call it, if the opposing teams best players or big contributor happened to have a injury and missed the game againt your favorite team...helping them win, which in the end is most important

"but i wasn't happy one bit that they took manning and co out last year. it worked out for us....but it feels cheap to win that way."

that has to be a lie, they took out the best QB in the NFL during a game in which the jets were losing and if they lost, the jets season was over, yes it was cheap, but as we all hate to admit as dolphin fans, it did get the jets into the playoffs where everyone likes to be, so unless you want to say that you would have rather had Peyton play the rest of the game and beat the Jets and eliminate them, then it doesnt matter

We were losing by only 5 and I didn't see Drew Brees come out of the game(best QB last year) or tom Brady come out(best QB of this generation).

Back
Top Bottom