How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild?

After Al Davis died I thought he did a respectable job taking an organization in shambles and getting talent onto the roster. His drafts, other then the 2014, were average at best but he was better with free agents, rebuilding, and cap management. Combined with Marvin Allen this is Miami's best front office in a couple of decades.

Would I have preferred going outside the organization for the GM? Absolutely but name me a guy that is going to be a definite hit as a GM. Truth is that an organization that hits on a franchise QB in the draft suddenly becomes more competent.

That’s fine but doing a respectable job and being a very good talent evaluator are two different things. Excellent to me is one of the best in the nfl.

Then put Allen and McKenzie in as co-GM's or put Allen in as GM and bump Grier down somewhere that he's harmless. Either Grier has his fingerprints all over a bunch of bad decisions in Miami, or he's done absolutely nothing to warrant being in the position he's in. That's it. There is nothing else to it. Pick one.

Don't try to be a Grier apologist and promote the idea that only he ever did anything that was relatively competent (which ain't much) and everybody else around him for 2 decades is responsible for all the screw ups. It doesn't even make sense.
I'm not trying to be an apologist I'm just not going to hold him responsible for a lot of bad decisions that not one of us knows how the decision was reached. Especially when he has two incompetents like Gase and Tannenbaum above and below(?) him.

Then put Allen and McKenzie in as co-GM's or put Allen in as GM and bump Grier down somewhere that he's harmless. Either Grier has his fingerprints all over a bunch of bad decisions in Miami, or he's done absolutely nothing to warrant being in the position he's in. That's it. There is nothing else to it. Pick one.

Don't try to be a Grier apologist and promote the idea that only he ever did anything that was relatively competent (which ain't much) and everybody else around him for 2 decades is responsible for all the screw ups. It doesn't even make sense.
I'll just copy a post from a different thread in here.

This was the first draft where Grier was in charge. All other drafts before that were muddy waters when it comes to decision making. Was it Tannenbaum? Gase with his ego? Or was it Grier who was a GM on paper?
None of us know and unless there is someone in the Dolphins organization spilling the beans we won't know. The closest we can get to "spilling the beans" is Ross deciding against his friend for decades (Tannenbaum) and Gase and in favor of Grier which could lead us to believe that Grier's talent evaluation was probably good.

And before you ask me what talent I have to tell you "I don't know" because none of us know which players Grier wanted and if we picked them or not. As a matter of fact I would think that Ross' evaluation of Grier went beyond players we picked. I am sure Ross looked at players drafted by other teams which Grier might have suggested but Tannenbaum decided against them.
Wouldn't that be a kicker if we ever find out that Grier wanted to trade up to take Mahomes and Tannehill lovers Gase and Tannenbaum went against that suggestion? :lol:
(just for kicks and chuckles)

I'm not trying to be an apologist I'm just not going to hold him responsible for a lot of bad decisions that not one of us knows how the decision was reached. Especially when he has two incompetents like Gase and Tannenbaum above and below(?) him.

Well, you've seen him spearhead draft after draft that netted a slough of bad picks. Why would you even take the chance is what I'm saying. It's obvious he's been there the whole time. Either he's culpable like everybody else or he's been sitting there staring out the window for 20 years. The guy is a dart thrower at the line of scrimmage.

I'll just copy a post from a different thread in here.

This was the first draft where Grier was in charge. All other drafts before that were muddy waters when it comes to decision making. Was it Tannenbaum? Gase with his ego? Or was it Grier who was a GM on paper?
None of us know and unless there is someone in the Dolphins organization spilling the beans we won't know. The closest we can get to "spilling the beans" is Ross deciding against his friend for decades (Tannenbaum) and Gase and in favor of Grier which could lead us to believe that Grier's talent evaluation was probably good.

And before you ask me what talent I have to tell you "I don't know" because none of us know which players Grier wanted and if we picked them or not. As a matter of fact I would think that Ross' evaluation of Grier went beyond players we picked. I am sure Ross looked at players drafted by other teams which Grier might have suggested but Tannenbaum decided against them.
Wouldn't that be a kicker if we ever find out that Grier wanted to trade up to take Mahomes and Tannehill lovers Gase and Tannenbaum went against that suggestion? :lol:
(just for kicks and chuckles)

I understand what you're trying to do there, but I don't buy it. Neither do you.

Ross didn't evaluate Grier's wish list against everybody else's and hire the guy that was right. Since when has Ross hired anybody that knew what they were doing....

None of you homers would be saying the same thing about Grier if he was gone to the Jets and Gase was still here. Ross and Grier are the two biggest obstacles you can't overcome.

I understand what you're trying to do there, but I don't buy it. Neither do you.

Ross didn't evaluate Grier's wish list against everybody else's and hire the guy that was right. Since when has Ross hired anybody that knew what they were doing....

None of you homers would be saying the same thing about Grier if he was gone to the Jets and Gase was still here. Ross and Grier are the two biggest obstacles you can't overcome.
Your entire premise is 100% assumption.

I bet money on mine. One of us is wrong.

If you don't think I know what I'm talking about then come get your free money.
That's the funny thing, I haven't made up my mind either way. You seem to think throwing up bets is a way to prove your point. I don't.

No it's not. It's a way for you to flex your gambling addiction. Running our mouths? On a forum?! Are you so thin skinned you call people disagreeing with you, 'running their mouth'? What a joke. You're no smarter than anyone here. Your lack of fandom takes away from any optimism other's have and that's it.

Don't be mistaken, ANYONE can go to a team's forum that's on the bottom half of the league and just spout nothing but negativity, and probably be 90% accurate at worst. You're not some ****ing Nostradamus. You're a pathetic know it all who thinks the world of himself for absolutely no reason. I wonder how many other team's forums you 'contribute' to.

IDK man I think the fact that the mods sticky all of his draft evaluations in the VIP draft forum kinda means he's smarter than some people around here.

Threads like this are the reason I still haven't changed my sig since the end of last season.

As a side note, it's pretty sad that in terms of coaching hiring decisions Stephen Ross would rather the best candidates go to his dopey college alma mater rather than to the team he actually, you know, owns.

Back off.

I was one of the first ones on this forum who said that I would like to see what Grier can do without Tannenbaum. That was before we hired him and before we fired anybody.

And as I said neither one of us know exactly what happens behind the scenes but in this case the visual evidence is on my side. But despite that I still do not know what exactly transpired.

I became comfortable the moment he signed Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie and so should you!

What have they done to not deserve respect since it became the 3 of them?
We got Preston William's, Rosen for peanuts, unfortunately traded 2 young studs that if anyone's paying attention Grier drafted and got a huge haul back for. I remember the days of trading guys and never expecting a even decent return for, those days are over. We all knew in January that this was a rebuild season, which implies.....drum roll please.....a losing season. So why is so many people up in arms about this team?

Just watch the growth of the team during the season from coaching, to player development to front office moves. Next few years we will be much better off for it.

What we did has effectively ended the cycle of 6 to 8 win seasons for the future!

To the contrary, I am Nostradamus. It ain't my fault your team sucks don't be mad at me.

It's over-sensitive pricks like you that tie your sense of self worth to a bunch of overpaid drama queens that are the problem. Your only point of being at a place like this is to bitch and complain about the posters posting. That's all you do. I'm here to talk football. Either talk football or quit crying.
This is a Miami Dolphins forum. He has every right to an opinion as you do. If you don't like the Dolphins why are you trolling the Main forum of a Miami Dolphins fan website?

Back
Top Bottom