How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild?

It's proves a lot more than running your mouth with nothing behind it. The bet is simply a way to get people to stop for a minute and be honest with themselves.

I don't care if I get your money or not. But my assumptions are usually better than anybody's on this board. People like you popping up all over the place doesn't change it.
don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, that's no great accomplishment

Back off.

I was one of the first ones on this forum who said that I would like to see what Grier can do without Tannenbaum. That was before we hired him and before we fired anybody.

And as I said neither one of us know exactly what happens behind the scenes but in this case the visual evidence is on my side. But despite that I still do not know what exactly transpired.

It'll be whatever it's going to be - everybody gets to sit and watch. Sticking with Grier is just not the way I would've went about it is all I'm saying, but I'm not the owner. He's an almost kind of guy.

It just makes more sense to put Allen or McKenzie in there if they're being brought in to hold Grier's hand anyway. Ross' schtick is to reorganize instead of getting to the bottom of anything.

Just to be clear, are you holding Grier responsible yet or is the water still a little too muddied for you? Where are you on that aspect?

He's our GM. How much does it matter how comfortable I am with Greir? I'm going to support him no matter what.

Keep in mind Slimm that you have acknowleged
It'll be whatever it's going to be - everybody gets to sit and watch. Sticking with Grier is just not the way I would've went about it is all I'm saying, but I'm not the owner. He's an almost kind of guy.

It just makes more sense to put Allen or McKenzie in there if they're being brought in to hold Grier's hand anyway. Ross' schtick is to reorganize instead of getting to the bottom of anything.

Just to be clear, are you holding Grier responsible yet or is the water still a little too muddied for you? Where are you on that aspect?
This is my thought and I'll use JC Penney as the example. If you are in mid-upper management for JC Penney and the CEO makes a number of miscalculations are you suddenly unattractive as a prospective employee for a different company?

Apples and oranges in the aspect that the ratio of prospective employees with specialized evaluation skill is miniscule in comparison but you get my drift.

Holding Grier responsible for what?

For the life of me to think tanking and going 0-16 is the best answer.

Chris Grier can only play G.M. when he has overwhelming advantage.
He's thinking to himself, "I can't screw this up now!"

Um, Chris Grier you will screw this up all the way back to mediocrity.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I'll just copy a post from a different thread in here.

This was the first draft where Grier was in charge. All other drafts before that were muddy waters when it comes to decision making. Was it Tannenbaum? Gase with his ego? Or was it Grier who was a GM on paper?
None of us know and unless there is someone in the Dolphins organization spilling the beans we won't know. The closest we can get to "spilling the beans" is Ross deciding against his friend for decades (Tannenbaum) and Gase and in favor of Grier which could lead us to believe that Grier's talent evaluation was probably good.

And before you ask me what talent I have to tell you "I don't know" because none of us know which players Grier wanted and if we picked them or not. As a matter of fact I would think that Ross' evaluation of Grier went beyond players we picked. I am sure Ross looked at players drafted by other teams which Grier might have suggested but Tannenbaum decided against them.
Wouldn't that be a kicker if we ever find out that Grier wanted to trade up to take Mahomes and Tannehill lovers Gase and Tannenbaum went against that suggestion? :lol:
(just for kicks and chuckles)

Grier has stated publicly that he had final say from 2016-2018. He ran the draft, he said it, Tannenbaum said it.

*edit*

Chris Grier has final say over the Miami Dolphins draft that begins a week from Thursday. And if you’re wondering how that’s different from the past three years he’s been the club’s general manager you have an answer now.

Because there is no difference.

Zero.

Grier, you see, had final say over the Miami drafts in 2016. And 2017. And 2018.

“Yes, I did,” he said Wednesday during his fourth annual pre-draft press conference. “It was a collaboration. As you know me, I’m not going to force a coach to pick a player. That doesn’t work. If a coach doesn’t want a player and I say, ‘No, we’re taking him,’ and then it works out one way or the other, it creates that animosity and the distrust. And it’s not worth it.

“You’ve been here long enough, you’ve seen a lot of that happen. So I’m not going to force any player on anyone. But, yes, I had final say.”

Keep in mind Slimm that you have acknowleged

This is my thought and I'll use JC Penney as the example. If you are in mid-upper management for JC Penney and the CEO makes a number of miscalculations are you suddenly unattractive as a prospective employee for a different company?

Apples and oranges in the aspect that the ratio of prospective employees with specialized evaluation skill is miniscule in comparison but you get my drift.

would they choose to promote YOU to CEO? Or bring in someone else from another company? I think the latter happens far more often than the former. That's why it's pretty rare to see an NFL team fire their GM and then replace him with the scouting director....if an owner lets a GM go because the drafts have been disappointing then it wouldn't really make much sense to replace the guy with the scouting director when they likely saw eye to eye on many of the picks.

Grier has stated publicly that he had final say from 2016-2018. He ran the draft, he said it, Tannenbaum said it.

“Yes, I did,” he said Wednesday during his fourth annual pre-draft press conference. “It was a collaboration. As you know me, I’m not going to force a coach to pick a player. That doesn’t work. If a coach doesn’t want a player and I say, ‘No, we’re taking him,’ and then it works out one way or the other, it creates that animosity and the distrust. And it’s not worth it.

“You’ve been here long enough, you’ve seen a lot of that happen. So I’m not going to force any player on anyone. But, yes, I had final say.”
so which is it?

I don’t know how anyone can say Grier has done a good job drafting. And free agency has been nothing short of horrific.

It’s like an extension of Tannenbaum

Careful, people on here like to think Gase and Tannenbaum made all the decisions and Grier just sat back and shook his head.

so which is it?

Grier is simply saying that he isn't going to pick a player that the coach straight up doesn't like. But Grier is making the selection and having final say over who's name is on the card when Miami's turns it in out of all the prospects everybody likes. Which is why Miami misses when it comes to picking this player over that player at the moment of truth.

Until they get somebody in there can do it better than me, I question the direction the entire thing is headed. It's not even that hard to do.

*edit*

Chris Grier has final say over the Miami Dolphins draft that begins a week from Thursday. And if you’re wondering how that’s different from the past three years he’s been the club’s general manager you have an answer now.

Because there is no difference.

Zero.

Grier, you see, had final say over the Miami drafts in 2016. And 2017. And 2018.

Fair enough. Could you please provide a link though?

Back
Top Bottom