How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild?

You again... don’t you have a Grier pick to go fap to somewhere. Here I’ll help you...

Charles Harris. There - that should keep your tender little mitts busy for a while..

Charles Harris? Really? Even the lap dogs in Davie know that pick was

TBum all the way! Go back and check out who personally attended his

pro day! Yo, hillbilly astroNOT, it wasn't Mister Grier! It was TBum's

surrogate who was immediately fired (OK "displaced") when Mister Grier took

official charge of FOOTBALL OPERATIONS --- read it -------- DECEMBER 2018!

Now in modern terms, I know you use the Pagan calendar, that's JUST 9+ months ago!

Beyond that ------ you got any more Grier garbage?

:woot:

Charles Harris? Really? Even the lap dogs in Davie know that pick was

TBum all the way! Go back and check out who personally attended his

pro day! Yo, hillbilly astroNOT, it wasn't Mister Grier! It was TBum's

surrogate who was immediately fired (OK "displaced") when Mister Grier took

official charge of FOOTBALL OPERATIONS --- read it -------- DECEMBER 2018!

Now in modern terms, I know you use the Pagan calendar, that's JUST 9+ months ago!

Beyond that ------ you got any more Grier garbage?

Still blaming Tbum for all Grier’s goofs eh.

Go gargle Grier gum you Grier groping girlie guy.

OK, I admit I'm all in with Grier! His background only includes

his father (PRO scout GM) Parcells, Carroll, Belicheck, and

a highly disciplined vegan diet (you obvious eat pork alot)!

Last edited:
Parcells :lol:

Grier definitely follows that blueprint well. Pass up franchise quarterbacks for offensive lineman to stash on IR.

Gig is up Grier groupie.

Parcells :lol:

Grier definitely follows that blueprint well. Pass up franchise quarterbacks for offensive lineman to stash on IR.

Gig is up Grier groupie.

Legit point! Especially for a hillbilly astroNOT!

Parcells effed the franchise and got huge buck$ to do so!

But Mister Grier precedes that trash and has BRILLIANTLY PLAYED HIS HAND

to get to the position he's destined to achieve GREATNESS in!

You're not a believer because you still think football karma is regional!

And specifically inbred!

Legit point! Especially for a hillbilly astroNOT!

Parcells effed the franchise and got huge buck$ to do so!

But Mister Grier precedes that trash and has BRILLIANTLY PLAYED HIS HAND

to get to the position he's destined to achieve GREATNESS in!

You're not a believer because you still think football karma is regional!

And specifically inbred!

Don’t give up Grier groper guy. At least one “starter” is on the way with that legion of 1st round draft picks and pile of Ross’ cash.

Grier greatness is right around the corner.

Don’t give up Grier groper guy. At least one “starter” is on the way with that legion of 1st round draft picks and pile of Ross’ cash.

Grier greatness is right around the corner.

LOL. You sarcastic bristly a s s hillbilly!

Truth is -- it's REALLY HARD to blow multiple R1s!

But I'm talking R3 - R4 - R5 etc. where the REAL

evaluators make their money not jokers like you who

re-post s h i t off waltersfootball.com!

LOL. You sarcastic bristly a s s hillbilly!

Truth is -- it's REALLY HARD to blow multiple R1s!

But I'm talking R3 - R4 - R5 etc. where the REAL

evaluators make their money not jokers like you who

re-post s h i t off waltersfootball.com!

:lol:

Glad you brought up Walterfootball since somebody needs to get his big board in front of Grier. The one he’s using ain’t working.

Maybe you can show it to Grier while you’re letting him pull your pastel panties to the side you Grier grinding goofball.

From 2007-2015 Grier was scouting director, they essentially set the draft board, usually they’ve been longtime scouts who’ve worked their way up the chain, we’re talking the most trusted voice in the draft room. Does anyone really think we trade up for Dion Jordan if the director of college scouting isn’t on board? What’s the argument here, that Grier didn’t really like Tannehill? Or DeVante Parker? Or Daniel Thomas? That he didn’t have Leonta Carroo ranked highly enough on his board for the GM to trade up for? That he didn’t have Jon Martin as the best OL available in the 2nd round, Jamar Taylor as the best corner?

If you were an owner searching for a new general manager and one of your aides tasked with providing you candidates said hey how about the guy that’s been organizing the Dolphins draft board for the last 10-12 years, you’d be like are you ****ing joking?

Last edited:
:lol:

Glad you brought up Walterfootball since somebody needs to get his big board in front of Grier. The one he’s using ain’t working.

Maybe you can show it to Grier while you’re letting him pull your pastel panties to the side you Grier grinding goofball.

Your obsession with my undies is noted!

But check your "factual rhetoric" -- Grier is a an Aquarian and (besides The Band,

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, do you listen to ANY OTHER Music???) this is

2019 dude!!!! Mister Grier can be sexy and yet totally comfy secure with his

collaborative mantra!

Fear the Grier!

As always there are holes, but some quantitative analyses of multiyear draft records:
Adds up Pro Football Reference's Approximate Value for each draftee, regardless of # of picks (they explain why they think this is a reasonable simplification). Miami is ranked #12 (2012-2016)

Dolphins rank #9 in 'hit %', which factors in draft position. Main caveat here is: it doesn't factor in all-pro/greatness, only if a player is still playing in the NFL or not. (2015-2017)

quasi-quantitative / opinionated ranking has Dolphins #17 (2013-2017). They have the patriots near the bottom which jibes with my feeling as well, just shows how much having Brady (or Tua?) can save you

From 2007-2015 Grier was scouting director, they essentially set the draft board, usually they’ve been longtime scouts who’ve worked their way up the chain, we’re talking the most trusted voice in the draft room. Does anyone really think we trade up for Dion Jordan if the director of college scouting isn’t on board? What’s the argument here, that Grier didn’t really like Tannehill? Or DeVante Parker? Or Daniel Thomas? That he didn’t have Leonta Carroo ranked highly enough on his board for the GM to trade up for? That he didn’t have Jon Martin as the best OL available in the 2nd round, Jamar Taylor as the best corner?

If you were an owner searching for a new general manager and one of your aides tasked with providing you candidates said hey how about the guy that’s been organizing the Dolphins draft board for the last 10-12 years, you’d be like are you ****ing joking?
A lot of respected folks here liked Tannehill, even up until he was injured in his final season. Dion Jordan, Charles Harris, Daniel Thomas were panned as reaches by many here. Problem is the every teams will have busts that look bad, you have to look at the big picture....which to me puts the Dolphins in the average range. You can quibble about slightly above or below, but still have no evidence to say they are unusually bad at drafting over the past 3-5 years. Now you may say that the majority of front offices suck at drafting, then that is a different argument I am more amenable to...

Anecdotally, seems like they've done quite well finding solid playersin later rounds but it's true you'd hope they'd have 1 or 2 more all pros over the past 6 years, other than: Tunsil and Howard, who else?

Last edited:
Keep in mind Slimm that you have acknowleged

This is my thought and I'll use JC Penney as the example. If you are in mid-upper management for JC Penney and the CEO makes a number of miscalculations are you suddenly unattractive as a prospective employee for a different company?

Apples and oranges in the aspect that the ratio of prospective employees with specialized evaluation skill is miniscule in comparison but you get my drift.

Here's the problem: In your analogy, Grier isn't just a store manager or something. He's say, the CFO, and company accounting has been ineptly handled for years, with major cash flow problems and an inability to take advantage of tax code. And then the board decides he should be the next CEO.

Back
Top Bottom