How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild?

Really funny (weird) thing around here is supposed fans bitch about
not having picks then having (I guess) too many picks because they
gonna bitch who we gonna pick (?) before the first pick is made
and get all "superior evaluator in-the-house" over PROs like
Marvin Allen, Reggie McKenzie, Chris Grier with some
Flores on the side!

I mean damn if you're THAT good you're also pretty effing stupid
because you could be making million$ and millions$ consulting
NFL teams with your ouija board swarovski crystal ball!

Just saying none of you are the certified talent evaluating mavens
you think you are and yet no problem drive by snipes pot shots
and assorted NEGATIVE whelping like dogs under attack
from a grizzly (who in this rant represents your) monster
opinion created from the fear-based nerve impulses
of some juvenile need to be recognized

as "superior."

But of course

you're ALL

100% right

in hindsight!

My opinion. Of course.

And that's a fact!

BNF

You obviously haven't read much in the draft forum over the past 10 years.

2019 draft:

Dolphins pick - Christian Wilkins
Slimm's pick - Garret Bradbury

2018 draft:

Dolphins pick - Minkah Fitzpatrick
Slimm's pick - Tremaine Edmunds

2017 draft:

Dolphins pick - Charles Harris
Slimm's pick - T.J. Watt or Tre'Davious White or Carl Lawson

2016 draft:

Dolphins pick - Laremy Tunsil
Slimm's pick - Laremy Tunsil

2015 draft:

Dolphins pick - Devonte Parker
Slimm's pick - Marcus Peters

2014 draft:

Dolphins pick - Jawuan James
Slimm's pick - Deone Buchanan

2013 draft:

Dolphins pick - Dion Jordan
Slimm's pick - Tyler Eifert

2012 draft:

Dolphins pick - Ryan Tannehill
Slimm's pick - Luke Kuechly

2011 draft:

Dolphins pick - Mike Pouncey
Slimm's pick - Mark Ingram

2010 draft:

Dolphins pick - Jared Odrick
Slimm's pick - Earl Thomas

2009 draft:

Dolphins pick - Vontae Davis
Slimm's pick - Clay Matthews

2008 draft:

Dolphins pick - Jake Long
Slimm's pick - Matt Ryan

2007 draft:

Dolphins pick - Ted Ginn
Slimm's pick - Patrick Willis

This is just the 1st round, not even talking about subsequent rounds.

It was all said beforehand NastyFish. It's documented. Go find it. No hindsight.

I mean gtfoh with that "professional evaluator" ****. There's no such thing. Miami has a bunch of amateurs trying to play Mel Kiper up there in the front office.

Last edited by a moderator:
You obviously haven't read much in the draft forum over the past 10 years. It's all documented for clowns like you to stare at until it finally burns into your retina.

2019 draft:

Dolphins pick - Christian Wilkins
Slimm's pick - Garret Bradbury

2018 draft:

Dolphins pick - Minkah Fitzpatrick
Slimm's pick - Tremaine Edmunds

2017 draft:

Dolphins pick - Charles Harris
Slimm's pick - T.J. Watt or Tre'Davious White or Carl Lawson

2016 draft:

Dolphins pick - Laremy Tunsil
Slimm's pick - Laremy Tunsil

2015 draft:

Dolphins pick - Devonte Parker
Slimm's pick - Marcus Peters

2014 draft:

Dolphins pick - Jawuan James
Slimm's pick - Deone Buchanan

2013 draft:

Dolphins pick - Dion Jordan
Slimm's pick - Tyler Eifert

2012 draft:

Dolphins pick - Ryan Tannehill
Slimm's pick - Luke Kuechly

2011 draft:

Dolphins pick - Mike Pouncey
Slimm's pick - Mark Ingram

2010 draft:

Dolphins pick - Jared Odrick
Slimm's pick - Earl Thomas

2009 draft:

Dolphins pick - Vontae Davis
Slimm's pick - Clay Matthews

2008 draft:

Dolphins pick - Jake Long
Slimm's pick - Matt Ryan

2007 draft:

Dolphins pick - Ted Ginn
Slimm's pick - Patrick Willis

This is just the 1st round, not even talking about subsequent rounds.

It was all said beforehand NastyFish. It's documented. Go find it. No hindsight.

I mean gtfoh with that "professional evaluator" ****. There's no such thing. Miami has a bunch of amateurs trying to play Mel Kiper up there in the front office.

Nice!

But you completely miss the point.

We're NOT talkin' bout Ireland or TBum or your hero (wanna see a train wreck of a draft!) Saban

or Ham-hocks & chitlins (which I'm sure you also adore!) -- it's a NEW REGIME with an entirely NEW CAST

except the fact you can't stand Mister Grier at the top of the pyramid!

Obviously -- you DO fear the Grier!

:woot:

I am NOT in any way happy that Grier is holding the reigns right now. I think he’s been part of the problem for 20 years. In a perfect world, Ross cleans house and fires everyone in January. HOWEVER, all Grier has to do to make it right is find a franchise QB. If he does that, he will be praised on this board. If he fails.... There’s gonna be quite a few guys eating Crow here.

Nice!

But you completely miss the point.

We're NOT talkin' bout Ireland or TBum or your hero (wanna see a train wreck of a draft!) Saban

or Ham-hocks & chitlins (which I'm sure you also adore!) -- it's a NEW REGIME with an entirely NEW CAST

except the fact you can't stand Mister Grier at the top of the pyramid!

Obviously -- you DO fear the Grier!

:woot:

:walrus

This forums turned angry in week 3 and I’m not really sure why.

All eating on our own.

Odd cause we got the result we wanted and needed even and we got rosen valuable game/evaluation experience.

Not sure how it could have gone much better in terms of end result for Miami in 2019.

All eating on our own.

Odd cause we got the result we wanted and needed even and we got rosen valuable game/evaluation experience.

Not sure how it could have gone much better in terms of end result for Miami in 2019.

Too long term!

We want more immediate negative satisfaction!

Mike Tannenbaum:

(On how the draft process will work among the staff)
– "Chris (Grier) is running the draft. Chris has put a grade on every player, and we've already hashed out where we want to go with things for the most part. We have some more tweaking to do, but we're really going to let the board dictate, and that has really been based on the final grade that Chris has put on each player."

Chris Grier:

(On if General Manager Chris Grier will be on the phone with other teams) – "Yeah."
Thanks. The only reason I asked is because you quoted an article and we have to provide a link.

not comfortable at all. fitzpatrick can be a star and left tackles dont grow on trees. The Browns have had top picks/multiple picks in the first round for a decade and what have they done? Enough said...

All eating on our own.

Know **** done got outta hand when hoops looking around shaking his head wondering why everybody so angry :lol:

All eating on our own.

Rosen was a wasted pick IMO.
I disagree with Slimm on the value of a backup QB
When he turns in the Herbert card there better be riots in the streets
If he turns in the Herbert card, I’m turning in fan card. Idgaf. Won’t be that hard, not watching much this season anyway.
Be easy to start fresh. KC? Heck maybe local Daniel f’n Jones.

Seriously? Just look at his first and seconds the past 4 years, very impressive.

1. 2016, ends up being a top CB in the league, and 2020 first, a 2021 first, a 2021 second.
2. 2017, 2 busts essentially, no big deal, lets just borrow one of those first and seconds from 2016, and you still end up with a 2020 first and X for 2016 (not bad at all).
3. 2018, a 2020 first (will be a high pick) and the most physically gifted pass catching TE in the NFL. Everyone says Goedert is so much better despite being physically inferior, and the overrrated TE dropped a SUPER EASY TD pass last week which f***** the overrated Iggles lmao.
4. 2109, Wilkins (tbd), a talented young QB in Rosen and a 2020 second.

To recap, we acquired 3 firsts, 2 seconds, X, Harris, McMillan, Gesicki, Wilkins, and Rosen, when we started off with 4 firsts and 4 seconds with none of them being in the top 10.

Those are fantastic results, pretend X is a first and you essentially have a %100 hit rate on average over those past 4 years which is tremendous.

Then you're getting half of your seconds back, and only using 2 seconds on Harris, McMillian, Gesicki, Wilkins and Rosen, yea I can live with that.

Grier is doing a fantastic job and is the most valuable person in the entire organization.
No offense but I have no idea what you’re saying.

I have no idea why anyone would feel comfortable with Grier running the next draft. Are we all rooting for him? ABSOLUTELY.

But he hasn't shown anything up to this point. He has been a huge part of the problem. People want to say he wasn't completely in charge - so he didn't have the respect or balls to make his voice heard? Not good either.

He has admitted openly that he was in charge of the last 3 drafts and that has shown to have been as mediocre of a pull as the general level of talent we have had on this team his two decades in Miami.

I hope he does great, I hope he's improved, but no I'm not at all comfortable and it's truly confusing why anyone else would say otherwise. And it doesn't make you a bad fan to not kiss his ass, either.

Rosen was a wasted pick IMO.
I disagree with Slimm on the value of a backup QB

If he turns in the Herbert card, I’m turning in fan card. Idgaf. Won’t be that hard, not watching much this season anyway.
Be easy to start fresh. KC? Heck maybe local Daniel f’n Jones.

It’s ain’t me. It’s NFL front offices that value backup QB’s. Thought I made that part clear.

Back
Top Bottom