How Miami will spend their money... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Miami will spend their money...

Actually since 2008 they have drafted 3 pro bowl players in the first round in Long, Tunsil, and Fitzpatrick.
Long and Fitzpatrick both made all pro also.
So saying the Dolphins haven’t drafted a superstar in round one simply isn’t true. Your criteria for a superstar is obviously a player who is better than an all pro player and I am not sure who would qualify
in that case.
Fitzpatrick dont count tunsil somewhat count.. 1.5 player in 20 yr is not that good in first rd.. yes they have done all right draft ol in first rd other than that. Not that good

Fitzpatrick dont count tunsil somewhat count.. 1.5 player in 20 yr is not that good in first rd.. yes they have done all right draft ol in first rd other than that. Not that good

Your comment was "I haven't seen one superstar dolphins have draft in first rd." You didn't say "stayed with Miami. 1972 pointed out 3. Now, "superstar" may be debatable.

Absolutely Cant Afford a 'miss' in FA and I dont trust Grier not to fk it up.

Not a pleasant place to be.

I think the F.O. needs to honestly realize that there's no way the 2021 Dolphins can win the SB so this isnt the year to blow cap space.
If done right, the 2022 Dolphins could win it all.
Why? The third year of our 2020 rookie OLine draftees plus year 2 of our 2021 draftees (moved past the rookie growing pains). WRs, especially, are never their best selves as rookies unless theyre Randy Moss, and there's no Randy Moss here.

The 'cake' will need another year to bake. This is not the time for 'frosting'.
Big $$in FA is frosting, with a salary cap not affected by Covid and back to a good level.

Prudence now will pay off, bigtime, next year. We still need to see if Tua will work out. No point loading up and wasting good years of expensive salary if the QB position is a Fail.
If Tua Is Good, we can always make a trade at the deadline. If we're ahead of schedule, then the 2022 first round pick can be traded in Oct 2021.

Could also play Sewell at RT. For Tua the right side takes on a different and more importance need covering his blind side and for the level of talent seems logical that if anyone could handle switching places Sewell would be the better. But thats up to the coaches and they're determination, but just saying Jackson could stay where he's more comfortable.
As far as the RB Jones could still be in play due to his expressing he would take less than the going rate to be with the Dolphins.
First spend on OL and Linsley get Sewell or another tackle in FA, freeing up a high pick for one of the other needed holes. But 2 OL a must ! Get a FA WR and 20 mil for anybody is out of the picture and shouldn't be in any discussion by 5-6-7 mil. After the OL pickup and the WR pickup in FA see if Jones can be worked out because IMO he fits like a glove for us and though not that steamroller, does most everything else on a high level and he would be a huge help, IMO.. Though I still am old fashion and love the Brusers that run over people (Czonk, Campbell, Bettis ). Personally the only thing I feel that would detain a Jones if possible would be an out standing MLB to take that cap money.
I have to disagree with your statement that " rushing the ball doesn't get you more wins otherwise the Titan would have won the Superbowl ". Much like an OL a RB fills an essential need to were a good one with a good OL has tremendous value for not only an opponent having to game plan a serious Ground game along with the passing game but also freeing up to a degree a lot of added pressure on a QB.
Ya think coaching staffs didn't spend a large portion of planning and time on Henry ?

Ya Titans great RB didn't win them a superbowl ( which is kind of a major over exageration that that one thing could ) but I'd say it clearly did have a huge effect on all the games they did win. And they were a much better team because of it. JMO
Good enough to lose a playoff game at home cuz theyre 'game manager' QB wasnt good enough.

So basically I feel like dropping money on a weapon is not nearly as bad as some our fan base thinks. Especially since our weapons were hands down the worst thing about our team and probably the leagues worst... Hell out O-Line went through a fair share of ups and downs but they had many more good moments than our weapons. I really hope we get an elite FA for our offense or a couple just solid to good offensive free agents. I'd much rather spend money on the biggest weak link of the team. Especially since that weak link is out there with Tua, we NEED to fix the offense for him. That's the priority
Did you all see how Diggs help out Donald?
If Robinson can do the same for Tua, hell yeah, pay the man get him down here.

After the release of Van Noy our cap is like 36 mil.

Funny all the worrying in here for the cap hit. Pretty much no one in here really knows enough about the cap space and how to work it for a teams advantage. Van Noy structure a clue to what a knowledgeable NFL capologist can actually do. I have little to no knowledge in this area as IMO 99.9 % of the posters who are constantly screaming about our cap situation and they don't really have a clue of how it can be manipulated and still be successful. Nothing to be ashamed about or defensive because it IS extremely complicated and takes time and experience and a professional to conquer ( which they also screw up ! see: our last 20 years of GM's ) and is not learned near adequantly over a computer. I'm in with just the understanding that reasonable amounts of money can be acquired without damaging our future, with a good Capologist at the helm.

I said I'd love to get linsley but never said it'd be an easy thing to do. Andrews would be a cheaper more realistic goal. The team can create some space by making some cuts but I don't see us being able to spend big this year unless it's al backloaded which can create problems for the future.
I think the cutting of Van Noy frees up enough cash that they can now make a serious run at Linsley if he is the player they are interested in signing. We just have to wait and see who they are targeting now that they will have nearly $10 million dollars more to spend in free agency.

It won’t surprise me if they don’t make some more cuts and restructure some contracts in an attempt to gain more cap space before free agency begins.

Back
Top Bottom