Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work?

These guys keep pushing this nonsense because they must be Landry fans and are most likely not true Dolphins fans. The Dolphins are 2-0 yet the one dude wants to crap on them calling it "fools gold". Shows you where that person is coming from.
Bottom line, coach didn't want him here. That's good enough for me.

No way I pay him that anyway.

Don't see how you don't think that's a realistic projection. Landry is going to get mega targets with Baker in there now.

Y'all gotta stop pretending that Landry isn't a damn good football player lol. The Dolphins are going to make out fine without him, but that doesn't mean he aint gonna ball out too.

Landry being a good football player doesn't mean he is worth 15 mil per year. Landry is a top 20 WR being paid like a top 5 one. The Dolphins were smart not to overpay him. Also lets stop overhyping Baker Mayfield off of 2 good quarters of play vs a tired Jets defense. Landry lucked out that the real talented WRs who were on that squad when this OP was made, Gordon and Coleman don't really give a crap about their NFL careers or at least it isn't their #1 priority. Now he can get most of the targets on a more limited Browns offense. Great for Landry's stat line not so great for the Browns scoring offense.

it will also be educational to see what % of the throws to WR's he gets at the end of the year.
Let's give it a few weeks and check back to see what the fins record is and how the fins receiving corps are doing. Bottom line, Jarvis is good, but he wasn't resigned because of the sum of parts without paying him £15m is better than the sum of parts with him around, just like the D line an Suh (got rid or a potential HoFer and the line is better).

So far I'm happy with what Wilson has brought, what Amendola has brought what Jakeem has done with some targets coming his way...

I agree, it’s too early to prove my point. There isn’t enough data yet. I still don’t think the Wilson/Amendola combo outplays Landry.

Landry being a good football player doesn't mean he is worth 15 mil per year. Landry is a top 20 WR being paid like a top 5 one. The Dolphins were smart not to overpay him. Also lets stop overhyping Baker Mayfield off of 2 good quarters of play vs a tired Jets defense. Landry lucked out that the real talented WRs who were on that squad when this OP was made, Gordon and Coleman don't really give a crap about their NFL careers or at least it isn't their #1 priority. Now he can get most of the targets on a more limited Browns offense. Great for Landry's stat line not so great for the Browns scoring offense.

Let’s not forget that with cap increases and future deals, before the end of his contract he won’t be getting top 5 WR money. So you’re only looking at it in the present. Which is OK, just not the whole picture.

Regardless, if someone pays it then that’s his market value. Fins were willing to go to what 13 mil? They’re still sitting on over 8mil. So it wasn’t a matter of not being able to pay him enough, they didn’t see the value. My point is they’re dumb not to.

Landry and Calloway will be a solid duo. Njoku and Johnson will compliment them well too. Njoku just needs the confidence to hold onto the friggin ball and those 4 will be dangerous.

Even still, Landry is proving he’s not just a 9 ypr kind of WR.

Bottom line, coach didn't want him here. That's good enough for me.

No way I pay him that anyway.

That is the bottom line. No doubt. But, I care what it means for long term growth, production and sustainability. I want the Dolphins to win and win for a long time. I don’t believe that happens letting great players go. Players that want to win in the worst way, fight claw and stay healthy too!

So my “Fools Gold” post is because I am a Dolphins fan first. I’m just pissed they keep doing dumb things.

Not worth 15 mil per year. No matter how many times you keep throwing out this nonsense. Landry still has not shown to be a dynamic true #1 WR. How about we let the season play out instead of trash talking after 3 games? How many game breaking plays has Landry made in the Browns 1 win in 3 tries? How many penalties has he received so far this season? Again not worth 15 mil per season but keep on trying to push that BS.

100 yards in 2 of 3 games. More 20 yard catches. That catch to the 1 last night was huge. He had an over zealous penalty too. So it’s not all good. But his intangibles like his will to win and toughness are things you can’t coach. That’s him and the Browns are smart to have signed him. Mayfield loves him. Saw the video of them on NFL.com after the game. He trusts Landry.

I loved Landry, but didn't want to pay him Julio Jones money (he isn't that). That being said his numbers wont allow for a great measuring stick. A lot of catches and yards are going to come in games that Cleveland is down big and facing a soft D. Keep that in mind.

I loved Landry, but didn't want to pay him Julio Jones money (he isn't that). That being said his numbers wont allow for a great measuring stick. A lot of catches and yards are going to come in games that Cleveland is down big and facing a soft D. Keep that in mind.

Cleveland is good. Talent all over. Strong D. Very young so I’m not saying they’re elite. Will be inconsistent but an 8 win team.

20 catches, 275 yards, 13.75 ypr.

On pace for over 100 catches and 1,400 yards. So far, it’s looking like the system, not the player. Should have resigned Landry. Even if his production levels out, I still see over 85 catches for over 1,100 yards and 13 ypr.

I read through whole thread and felt sorry that everyone was ganging up on you.

Then you doubled down by necro’ing this thread to prove a point, which you failed to prove. 85 for 1,100 isn’t worth 15-16 million.

After two games, if you pick last years receivers over the current batch, you’d lose what remains of your credibility.

That is the bottom line. No doubt. But, I care what it means for long term growth, production and sustainability. I want the Dolphins to win and win for a long time. I don’t believe that happens letting great players go. Players that want to win in the worst way, fight claw and stay healthy too!

So my “Fools Gold” post is because I am a Dolphins fan first. I’m just pissed they keep doing dumb things.

If you want long term growth, production, and sustainability then why are you re-kindling a Jarvis Landry point when we're 2-0 and getting exactly what we wanted out of our new WR?

We are/were a cap-strapped team. You can't just sign everyone because they're good. The fact that there is even this much polarization on the deal shows that it was probably a good idea to let him walk. Just like when Suh was signed, unconscionable polarization. Pouncey as well.

When we sign Minkah to a long-term deal, or when we resign Wake...virtually unanimously approved moves...that's when odds are you did the right thing.

If you want to defend Landry because he took a lot of heat as a player and person, fine, although he brought a lot of that on himself by being such a "me me" player. But letting him go was the right move for us longterm.

Not worth 15 mil per year. No matter how many times you keep throwing out this nonsense. Landry still has not shown to be a dynamic true #1 WR. How about we let the season play out instead of trash talking after 3 games? How many game breaking plays has Landry made in the Browns 1 win in 3 tries? How many penalties has he received so far this season? Again not worth 15 mil per season but keep on trying to push that BS.
Oh man, did you see his dumb block in the back penalty last night on the negated TD run? I saw that and thought "Man, I don't miss that".

This is pretty much it for me - he was and still is a very good football player, but not worth #1 wide receiver money - i'm starting to wonder if any WR is, but he's not in that group that might be. Last night he was ballin', but also dropped at least one dead on pass, which he did more than i'd like here.

I rooted for him here, will root for him in Cleveland too, but glad we aren't paying him 15mil/yr.

I read through whole thread and felt sorry that everyone was ganging up on you.

Then you doubled down by necro’ing this thread to prove a point, which you failed to prove. 85 for 1,100 isn’t worth 15-16 million.

After two games, if you pick last years receivers over the current batch, you’d lose what remains of your credibility.

Said over 85/1,100...that’s just my floor. I don’t expect 106 catches, but I do see over 12 ypc...appreciate your empathy though. You seem swell!

Back
Top Bottom