Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work?

@JahnDho If Landry gets all the yards you mentioned, but Dolphins have enough wins to make the playoffs with the new offense (even if Amendola & Grant don't combine for as good a stat line as Landry) will you still view this as a dumb move?

How many TDs does Landry have with all those catches?
@JahnDho If Landry gets all the yards you mentioned, but Dolphins have enough wins to make the playoffs with the new offense (even if Amendola & Grant don't combine for as good a stat line as Landry) will you still view this as a dumb move?

Yes. It’s a team game and much more factors than just 1 player. Individually it can be a dumb move, but collectively they have playoff level implications. They need to make many more smart moves than dumb moves to build a dynasty. If they make the playoffs this year then I’ll say they did a nice job overall. But if Landry outplays the alternatives then yes, I’d consider that a dumb move.

I read through whole thread and felt sorry that everyone was ganging up on you.

Then you doubled down by necro’ing this thread to prove a point, which you failed to prove. 85 for 1,100 isn’t worth 15-16 million.

After two games, if you pick last years receivers over the current batch, you’d lose what remains of your credibility.

I’m curious, what is it about the current WR production you like?

Near the bottom of the league in yards, ypr and TDs.

My coworker is a huge Browns fan. He said he never thought Landry was that great. Thought they overpaid him. But after 3 games has changed his opinion. He things he’s legit and glad they paid him....I just think it’s another Wes Welker decision. Except Landry had been performing.

My coworker is a huge Browns fan. He said he never thought Landry was that great. Thought they overpaid him. But after 3 games has changed his opinion. He things he’s legit and glad they paid him....I just think it’s another Wes Welker decision. Except Landry had been performing.
Entire board disagrees with you ...they're wrong.

A single Browns fan coworker agrees with you ...opinion is gold.

It’s perspective...something this board lacks
No it's blind Brown's faith. They finally won a game after two years and the entire team is golden. Landry is still over-priced for what he offers, the Browns had the money we didn't.

It’s perspective...something this board lacks
Actually there have been numerous studies done that state that if you take a large number of people's opinions, the average is far more likely to be right than 1 or 2 experts.

I’m curious, what is it about the current WR production you like?

Near the bottom of the league in yards, ypr and TDs.

I get where you're coming from bout retaining your best players, but you have to take the system they play in into account.

Gase isn't going to change his whole system to cater to 1 player, even if that player is the best one, unless it is a transcendent talent a'la Marshall Faulk for example, and neither should he.

In the system that Miami plays, I will go on record and say the players Miami have will be more impactful. Only a small sample size, but the proof is there... Landry on his million bubble screens broke a big one how many times? What is is per catch avg on those for Miami. Now go compare that to Jakeem, for example. The TD Wilson scored on the Jets...Landry doesn't score there.

None of this is intended to say anyone is better than Landry overall, but for what Miami does, they are. As such, the dumb move long term would be paying 15mil for someone who you can replace in your system with 3 players who are going to be more impactful and of those 3, 2 are younger/have less wear & tear

That is the bottom line. No doubt. But, I care what it means for long term growth, production and sustainability. I want the Dolphins to win and win for a long time. I don’t believe that happens letting great players go. Players that want to win in the worst way, fight claw and stay healthy too!

So my “Fools Gold” post is because I am a Dolphins fan first. I’m just pissed they keep doing dumb things.
I disagree that it was "dumb".

First of all, Landry is a good player. Not a great receiver, and not worth 16 mil, IMO.

Second, if he is a distraction, to the point that the HC has an issue, one has to go. That's just the real world. If you say you would have preferred Gase go,OK, but there is no guarantee it elimininates the problem.

Back
Top Bottom