Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work?

Juice is worth that money to cleveland. And he’s ahead of that 12 ypc number that I’m sure the browns had in mind when they signed him.

Amazing what happens when you get away from a mentally checked out jay cutler.

There’s no reason they can’t get that 80 catches at 12 plus ypc and 6 tds per season they bought into expectation wise with that contract.

Sets a tone for them too.

He did look a little faster last night than I remember in the 2nd half. But then I remembered the Jets defense had played 10 quarters of football in 11 days. The nfl didn’t do the Jets any favors here, 2 Road prime time games in the 1st 3 weeks.

He if does great good for him and the Browns. Even as good as his game was last night he still had a few plays that had me shaking my head.

No it's blind Brown's faith. They finally won a game after two years and the entire team is golden. Landry is still over-priced for what he offers, the Browns had the money we didn't.

And this site isn’t biased...

Jarvis is ballin

It is going to haunt us

It might haunt you, but the coaching staff and the rest of the organization have no problem with it. If you go to the team stats at ESPN or nfl.com, then you will see a very even distribution of targets. This is an offense designed to force the defense to cover all of the options. Jarvis would never be happy in this offense. He is in a place where he can get the lion share of the targets. A place where he might be worth the money he received. I doubt it, but it is possible with the Browns. It would have been ludicrous for the Dolphins to pay him that salary for no more than 20% of the targets.

Actually there have been numerous studies done that state that if you take a large number of people's opinions, the average is far more likely to be right than 1 or 2 experts.

That approach assumes that the peoples opinions are not uniformly biased in any way. In a group like a sports forum, not only are all the opinions biased but they tend to be biased in one of two camps: Homers and Whiners. I like to think that the majority of the members of a froum have a pro bias, but my experience on this board has surprised me in this regard.

I recall the military used this approach for estimating distances. We too an estimate of distance to a clearly identifiable landmark from each member of our fire team (4 members) and found the average. This estimate was compared to the measured distance and it was very very close; less then 10% off. Of the four estimates, tree were somewhat similar and one was much lower, but the result spoke for itself. There was no basis for a distance estimate bias, so the method worked.

In a biased system all bets are off.

It’s ok to say that juice has played like what the browns expected when they signed him to that contract.

No ones gonna ask you to turn in your fan card for it.

The team dynamic seems to be more present with our current group.

But you know that only goes so far and last so long if you aren’t making plays.

Legitimate reason to miss Jarvis: On third down we don't have any physical win options right now. (Parker? Gesicki?) - our smurf squad is getting thrown around out there.

Legitimate reason not to miss Jarvis: I don't miss watching us throw ****ing bubble screens and shallow crossers to him just to get him the ball.

I'm still not sure how valid it is that Landry was vocal in his opposition to the team running the no huddle.

Legitimate reason to miss Jarvis: On third down we don't have any physical win options right now. (Parker? Gesicki?) - our smurf squad is getting thrown around out there.

Legitimate reason not to miss Jarvis: I don't miss watching us throw ****ing bubble screens and shallow crossers to him just to get him the ball.

I'm still not sure how valid it is that Landry was vocal in his opposition to the team running the no huddle.

Come on man. That’s exactly what we just did last game. Just with Albert Wilson and amendola making almost yearly salary wise juice money. On shorter terms.

Ask wise combined very similar except Wilson does have the take the top off the defense speed.

What’s this juice vocal don’t want no huddle stuff? That’s basically 2 minute all the time.

That's what the Herald reported. Jarvis Landry supposedly hated the no huddle and didn't want the Dolphins to run it. Complained about it when the team used it, particularly in 2016.

Is it the team badmouthing Jarvis on his way out? I don't know. Seems very possible.

And I do think if we're gonna run bubble screens, I'd rather see 'em tossed to Jakeem Grant. Grant's actually dangerous on those.

LAst night there were at least two plays where Jarvis ran the wrong route..still afraid to open that playbook.

Also....0tds. Got love 15 million a year without getting into the endzone.

You get what you get with Landry...tough as nails player, great hands, but also a mental midget...No doubt he will be very helpful to a young QB.

Miss him...nah, only talking about him because some on here still have a stiffy for him and he seems to be the topic of the moment on this forum.

The group we have now...fit what we do, smart players who can play multiple spots and run very good routes.

I think I'm only going to miss Jarvis if Mike Gesicki and Devante Parker can't get productive.

That's what the Herald reported. Jarvis Landry supposedly hated the no huddle and didn't want the Dolphins to run it. Complained about it when the team used it, particularly in 2016.

Is it the team badmouthing Jarvis on his way out? I don't know. Seems very possible.

And I do think if we're gonna run bubble screens, I'd rather see 'em tossed to Jakeem Grant. Grant's actually dangerous on those.

Was this reported after Miami had decided to move on or during the slander the player portion of the “negotiations?”

Was this reported after Miami had decided to move on or during the slander the player portion of the “negotiations?”

Come on hoops, he says it in his posts that it was on his way out...

Back
Top Bottom