I dont know about you but I hate the dolphins now... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont know about you but I hate the dolphins now...

Hi DOLPHINPOWER...I know this off-season has been different in a really bad way. I say to you "just hang in there and don't quit on the team". We'll have to have faith the players can turn this around. I really believe most of the players want to win -vs- just collect a big check. Don't quit on our team. This off season has sucked. Maybe the regular season wont.

If the Fish go 0-16, I will still watch every game expecting the best. The only way I will stop being a Dolphin fan is if they move the team and change the name. Look at the bright side, you could be a Cardinal Fan.

Dolphinpower- I understand where you're coming from, but don't give up yet. If you think about it, besides keeping DW, we've really done the best we could under constantly trying circumstances. Most of this offseason nonsense was either unimportant or nothing the FO could've predicted.
The Dan Marino thing was supposed to make us forget that we kept Wanny, but he really would've had no impact.
McMike was just another athlete that got in trouble and had the charges dropped. Nothing to do with FO.
We may have overpaid for Feeley (we'll see) but we won't be any worse at qb than before and could be significantly better. If he starts he's worth a 2nd rounder.
We got played a little on Carey, but it was a need pick.
All the other draft picks look promising and Poole was a steal.
Boston looks good; the WR corps is better.
The line is unproven, but the individual talent is improved.
You gotta feel better about the future of the LB and CB position than you did last year.
We passed on some expensive or old players that some thought we should take, but by being responsible with our money, we were in good shape capwise before RW left and now we're even better.
Nobody could predict RW's psychological meltdown.
We'll sign Ogun, in the meantime the backups are getting work which will only help us.
I agree that DW isn't a good coach and he's got the coaching staff in disarray, but overall we'll be OK. Worst case, next years' new coaching staff will have a great young, talented group to work with.
But this year's by no means over, (remember RW only averaged 3.5 ypc last year and now we've gotta open it up!) so get your chin up and root for the team that you love. I for one will forgive the "hate" nonsense as the passion of a frustrated fan.

dolphinpower said:
I have been a devoted dolphins fan since the days of shula. What the hell do i have to look forward to now with the dolphins. I have struggled and toiled with them throughout the seasons, giving up high pick draft choices and losing late season games and QB problems. Now we have a mediocre QB and traded a pick for another mediocre QB to compete for the starting job. We get a fantastic WR who is an underachiever, they dont want to sign the one of the leagues best pass rushers, and now our running game has been dissolved. What do I have to look forawrd to this season other than more dissapointment?

-Discontented DolFan

Either get yourself a Cardinals jersey or take a jump down an open manholes. Doesn't make a hill of beans worth of difference to me. What, are we supposed to give you a big thank-you for all your years of patience? Wake up pal! You just said that our teams a disappointment. Your dead to us.

I was afraid to admit it, but I to am questioning my alliance to the Fins.

Im probably one of the biggest Fiedler and Wanny (and now Ricky) haters on this board, but I will never say I hate the Phins. I may say that Dave can't coach and Jay can't throw, but come gameday I'm rooting for them all the way. I don't like a lot of the things that have happened to the Phins and I dont like some of the decisions made by Wayne, Dave, Rick, etc., but as for the team as a whole, I bleed aqua and orange. I can't imagine how anyone that has been a fan since the Shula years could feel any different.

bobdroopy said:
I dont think any of us care what you do, If the dolphins went 0 - 16 i would still be pumped about there next season, but thats just me. Do wahtever you want.
AMEN and ditto!

I admire everyone's loyalty, but I want some reciprocation. I take this Ricky situation, among other utter blunders, as a spit in our faces. I don't think I can deal with the BS anymore.

Alxphins said:
I love the dolphins and will travel down from Maryland to see some games and I hope they win the superbowl BUT I dislike our front office and coach. A friend of mine who is a Chicago fan told me when we hired Wanny that in five years our team would be in shambles. Well it is. But that so much is not the issue, what is the issue is their refusal to solve the problems. For example I read that Spielman says we will not be pursuing any other running back and we are set. He acts as if Ricky was not that important to our team when he was, without a doubt, THE FOCUS OF OUR OFFENSE PERIOD. No we are going to go in to the season with only strong offensive weapons at WR's and TE and weaknesses at OL, RB and a biq unknown at QB. When we had Ricky our QB had to be ok, now he is going to have to carry the load to get the ballto our WR's and TE's. I am not so sure AJ or Jay can do that but I hope they can.

By the way, although I never want to see Ricky in a phins uniform again because of what he did, it was interesting that he said he would be willing to return to the raiders in part because of their o-line. This begs the question that if the front office would have done a better job of improving our o-line would ricky have stayed. Maybe he did not want to get beat up again like he did last year.
Thats what ricky gets paid for. i dont care if he got beat up..3.5 mil is his compensation. let him rot. trade his p***y a**

David said:
I admire everyone's loyalty, but I want some reciprocation. I take this Ricky situation, among other utter blunders, as a spit in our faces. I don't think I can deal with the BS anymore.
i take it the same way you do bro, but its out of our control until things turn around for the bright side. Which they will.

David said:
I take this Ricky situation, among other utter blunders, as a spit in our faces. I don't think I can deal with the BS anymore.

Why hate the Dolphins for the Ricky situation? It's not the team's fault that Ricky is a flaky moron. Ricky spit in our faces, not the team.

ltfinfan said:
see now thats the kind of blind optimisim you sould have no matter how far fetched it sounds :roflmao:
you honestly don't think the bills are gonna be competitive this year?

If I am being blind and far fetched , your fellow finfan says the fins are gonna win the sb.:lol: It's not as far fetched as the other finfan who said the fins could go undefeated . Hellen Keller. :roflmao:

dolphinpower said:
I have been a devoted dolphins fan since the days of shula. What the hell do i have to look forward to now with the dolphins. I have struggled and toiled with them throughout the seasons, giving up high pick draft choices and losing late season games and QB problems. Now we have a mediocre QB and traded a pick for another mediocre QB to compete for the starting job. We get a fantastic WR who is an underachiever, they dont want to sign the one of the leagues best pass rushers, and now our running game has been dissolved. What do I have to look forawrd to this season other than more dissapointment?

-Discontented DolFan

Nothing! Go and find a new team. I wish more of you so called Dolphin fans would be as honest as you just were. It would be a refreshing thing as far as I'm concerned.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom